500pp Tuning Challenge (THE BEST 500PP CARS)

Check out the Miura - very fast at 500pp as it's so light, yet still has oodles of torque and HP. I'd contend it'd be in the top 10 at 500pp along with Elise 111R, if not top 5 in the right hands.
Nice, cheers

The best stock car under 500 pp is the Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 at 492 PP. Nothing under 500 PP comes close.

I tested all of these on CH tires at Laguna Seca and got these times:

1:42.876 - 492 - Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01
1:43.923 - 485 - Honda S2000 LM Race Car
1:44.329 - 496 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
1:44.437 - 486 - Shelby Series One Super Charged '03
1:44.572 - 471 - Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12
1:46.487 - 440 - Lotus Elise 111R '04

That last one, the Lotus, might have a shot at destroying everything since you can add 60 PP to it.

A concept car and race car shouldn't be compete with normal road car right ? PD also make mistakes allowing the GSX-R into the Trial Mountain Quick Match... :confused:

Last edited:
Check out the Miura - very fast at 500pp as it's so light, yet still has oodles of torque and HP. I'd contend it'd be in the top 10 at 500pp along with Elise 111R, if not top 5 in the right hands.
Yes, the Lamborghini Miura P400...the second most expensive car in the game. Stock is PP 512. In practice at Trial Mtn. I've run 1:29.7xx on Sport Soft tires, and I'm not among the fastest drivers. Good corner speed, but among the fastest on the straights. You can easily pass the GSX-r's on the straights, and they have a hard time passing you in the corners. I'll share my tune, see what you think. I use a G-25 wheel on a home-made stand.

Susp:
Height: 100 / 100
Springs: 6.35 / 8.38
Compression: 4 / 5
Extension: 4 / 8
ARB: 2 / 1
Camber: 0 / 0
Toe: -0.10 / 0.20
Brakes: 4 / 6
Trans: set auto set to 168 first.
1st: 2.905
2nd: 1.873
3rd: 1.430
4th: 1.168
5th: 1.006
Final: 3.556
LSD: 8 - 10 - 8
Power is all stock, lower the power limiter to get 500PP. Mine is at 90.2% without oil change.
Weight is all standard.
I had a lot of fun with it last night. A VW W12 Nardo was just as fast. That starts out stock at PP 581. Might be a cheaper way to go if you can get a good tune for it.

Yes, the Lamborghini Miura P400...the second most expensive car in the game. Stock is PP 512. In practice at Trial Mtn. I've run 1:29.7xx on Sport Soft tires, and I'm not among the fastest drivers. Good corner speed, but among the fastest on the straights. You can easily pass the GSX-r's on the straights, and they have a hard time passing you in the corners. I'll share my tune, see what you think. I use a G-25 wheel on a home-made stand.

Susp:
Height: 100 / 100
Springs: 6.35 / 8.38
Compression: 4 / 5
Extension: 4 / 8
ARB: 2 / 1
Camber: 0 / 0
Toe: -0.10 / 0.20
Brakes: 4 / 6
Trans: set auto set to 168 first.
1st: 2.905
2nd: 1.873
3rd: 1.430
4th: 1.168
5th: 1.006
Final: 3.556
LSD: 8 - 10 - 8
Power is all stock, lower the power limiter to get 500PP. Mine is at 90.2% without oil change.
Weight is all standard.
I had a lot of fun with it last night. A VW W12 Nardo was just as fast. That starts out stock at PP 581. Might be a cheaper way to go if you can get a good tune for it.
Which tyres?

Oh, sorry. Sport soft. I was mostly referring to the online Quick Match event; 500PP non-race cars at Trial Mountain running currently. The only Quick Match that you bring your own ( tuned ) car. It requires sport soft tires. It has quite a mix of 500PP cars, but the Suzuki GSX-r is the fastest, even in the hands of a not-too-good driver. I enjoy driving my favorite cars there, even though they are usually not going to finish at the top. It can be some good racing if you end up in the right group. Sometimes it's ruined by the kids running you off the road. Even then, with good driving, you can put them behind you.
Sorry about the thread hijack, but I kind of got the idea that the OP was to find a good car for this race.
Also, just to be clear, the trans is set for this track, and for a standing start.

Last edited:
Don't forget the little Dino, boost everything and your still under 500pp, Hard to drive but I was able to dip under 1:29's in testing. Sometimes I add weight and position the ballast for more of a 50:50 distribution. A bit slower but more predictable handling.

Also try the BMW CSL, 1st engine tune, computer and dumb down the power a little and you have a contender,( at least a contender until the drones of GSX's show up...even then it can do ok...) i added but didn't touch, the racing suspension

Does anyone else notice that certain cars react differently from testing to online racing? I swear it happened to me, The Dino was relatively planted and sure footed in testing, bring it online (same settings) and it's like skating on banana peels!!! What gives? The Corvettes, Focus and Beemers all feel the same, maybe it's just me?

Don't forget the little Dino, boost everything and your still under 500pp, Hard to drive but I was able to dip under 1:29's in testing. Sometimes I add weight and position the ballast for more of a 50:50 distribution. A bit slower but more predictable handling.

Also try the BMW CSL, 1st engine tune, computer and dumb down the power a little and you have a contender,( at least a contender until the drones of GSX's show up...even then it can do ok...) i added but didn't touch, the racing suspension

Does anyone else notice that certain cars react differently from testing to online racing? I swear it happened to me, The Dino was relatively planted and sure footed in testing, bring it online (same settings) and it's like skating on banana peels!!! What gives? The Corvettes, Focus and Beemers all feel the same, maybe it's just me?
There is slightly less grip online 👍

If you are tuning for online racing then you can do the majority of tuning offline in arcade mode but you should always do the final spit and polish in an online lobby. Setting grip to "Real" during your offline tuning will help to highlight problems before you head online.

Thanks for easing my mind, not going crazy = a good thing.
I'll definitely try your suggestions for preparing in an online lobby.

Update: While I am tuning/testing online now with much better success... I feel compelled to share what I figured out was going on, I was testing cars through my garage, then going online. I hadn't turned off SRF!!! That was the reason the cars felt so different.

I have also noticed that on occasion the SRF is actually on during the quickmatch 500pp trial mountain event. Rare but I have seen it myself, anyone else?

Back