500pp Tuning Challenge (THE BEST 500PP CARS)

England
Luton,Bedfordshire
M3BIMMER2012
IDONTPAY4ONLINE
Hi all, today I bring you a little something special! I have done some research into some of the best 500pp cars out there by some of the best tuners on gtplanet, and put their tunes to theory. Why 500pp I hear you ask? When online, I prefer to use 500pp as I believe it is the most fun/competitive rank. Now before I annoy or upset some people, there is a few things I would like to get clear:
I am nowhere near the perfect driver, possibly not even classed as 'good' (lol), so the lap times may not be fully the result of the tunes, it may be down to my driving and preferences. another thing, if your tune is not here, it doesn't mean your tune is not the best, definitely not; I only picked out what I acknowledged as the most popular or interesting tunes, and I only had time to do 7 cars.

What did I do? thanks to the people here, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/best-track-for-testing.321875/, I decided to test these cars at the Trial Mountain track, as I concluded it was the best overall test for these cars. I did a few hotlaps for each car, and recorded down my fastest lap time for each one. I 100% did the cars and tunes accurately to what their source (creators official tune list) stated.

So here is my leaderboard!

Sorry that it is not to clear:
1st=1:36.725=LotusMotorsportElise'99=Shaunm80
2nd=1:38.289=HondaIntegraTypeR'04=JakeDog23
3rd=1:39.111=JaguarSTypeR'02=Praiano63
4th=1:.39.991=SubaruImprzWrxSti'07=Slender_Man
5th=1:40.291=Rx7SpiritTypeA'02=MotorCityHami
6th=1:40.549=LancerEvoIvGsr'96=Bowtie-Muscle
7th=1:42.198=FordFocusRs'02=TUNERXANDE1959

LOTUS MOTORSPORT ELISE '99

NOTES:
~CAR IS VERY RAPID, WITH VITAL ACCELERATION HELPING GOOD LAUNCHES
~ITS DOWNFORCE ALLOWS FLAT-OUT AROUND CORNERS
~ONE OF THE FASTEST 500PP CARS I HAVE USED/SEEN
~YOU CAN POSSITIVELY NOTICE THE LIGHT WEIGHT
~ALL LEVELS OF DRIVER, EVEN NEWCOMERS, CAN ENJOY AND WIN WITH THIS CAR
~POSSIBLY ONLY WEAKNESS IS THAT IT TENDS THE DRIFT WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED, BUT THIS CAN BE FIXED
~THIS CAR MAKES ME WANT TO TRY OUT SHAUNM80'S OTHER TUNES, GOOD JOB!
~ LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...w-seasonal-setups.300860/page-31#post-9805699

HONDA INTEGRA TYPE R '04

NOTES:
~VERY GOOD ALL-ROUNDER
~VERY STRONG AND STURDY AROUND CORNERS AND BENDS
~GOOD LONG STRAIGHT SPEED
~DRIVESNREALLY SMOOTH
~GOOD THROUGH TECHNICAL PARTS OF TRACKS
~SOMETIMES FEELS TO RIGID, BUT THIS IS BETTER THAN NOT HAVING ENOUGH RIGITY
~NICE TUNE JAKEDOG23
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-updated-tunes-out.304460/page-7#post-9851017

JAGUAR S TYPE R '02

NOTES:
~I AGREE WITH PRAIANO63, "IT IS A PLEASURE TO DRIVE"
~AMAZING LONG STRIAGHT SPEEDS
~POSSIBLY MOST POWERFULL 500PP CAR YOU WILL SEE ONLINE
~GREAT CAR FOR ALL LEVELS OF DRIVERS, INCLUDING NEWCOMERS
~CAN SOMETIMES FEEL SLUGGISH, BUT THIS IS BECAUSE IT IS SO POWERFULL AND HEAVIER THAN OTHER CARS
~I COULDNT SEEM TO MAKE IT WORK WELL AROUND THE LAST 2 CORNERS OF TRIAL MOUNTAIN
~GREAT CAR CHOICE PRAIANO63
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ll-x2014-junior.291084/page-129#post-10212246

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI '07

NOTES:
~VERY STURDY CAR
~BRILLIANT EXIT OUT OF CORNERS
~GREAT MIX OF ACCELERATION AND TOP SPEED
~YOU CAN POSSITIVIELY FEEL THE POWER
~POSSIBLY ONLY IMPROVEMENT IN MY OPINION IS THAT IF THE SPRINGS ARE SLIGHTLY LESS STIFF, THE CAR MIGHT BE FASTER
~VERY WELL TUNED BY SLENDER_MAN
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thecardboardbox-gt6-tuning-峠touge-湾岸wangan-mazda-lm55-vgt.292688/page-6#post-9858038

MAZDA RX-7 SPIRIT R TYPE A '02

NOTES:
~GREAT ON STRAIGHTS
~NATURALLY TRIES TO GO SIDEWAYS WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED
~ALTHOUGH IT NEEDS PRACTISE TO GET USED TO IT, THIS CAR MAY BE SUITABLE FOR NEWCOMERS
~COMPLIMENTS TO MOTOR CITY HAMI FOR THE FACT HE TURNED A DRIFT CAR INTO A COMPETITVE RACE CAR
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-18#post-9920641

LANCER EVOLUTION IV GSR '96

NOTES:
~VERY FUN TO DRIVE
~IMPRESSIVE HANDLING
~VERY WELL BALANCED
~VERY RELIABLE AND CONSISTANT; I WOULD USE THIS CAR FOR LONG DISTANCE RACES
~BOWTIE-MUSCLE HAS DONE A GREAT JOB HERE
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...a-type-r-dc5-550pp.311172/page-4#post-9906201

FORD FOUCS RS '02

NOTES:
~MASSIVE UNDERSTEER-WOULD BE SERIOUSLY COMPETITVE IF FIXED
~CAR TRIES TO DRIFT WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED
~STRUGGLES ON ELEVATION DIFFEREANCES
~LOSSES TIME ON THE TECHNICAL PARTS OF TRIAL MOUNTAIN
~TUNERXANDE1959 HAS BUILT A CAR WITH THE POTENTIAL TO BE GREAT!

Attachments

• GT6500pptuningleaderboards.JPG
    GT6500pptuningleaderboards.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
The best stock car under 500 pp is the Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 at 492 PP. Nothing under 500 PP comes close.

I tested all of these on CH tires at Laguna Seca and got these times:

1:42.876 - 492 - Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01
1:43.923 - 485 - Honda S2000 LM Race Car
1:44.329 - 496 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
1:44.437 - 486 - Shelby Series One Super Charged '03
1:44.572 - 471 - Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12
1:46.487 - 440 - Lotus Elise 111R '04

That last one, the Lotus, might have a shot at destroying everything since you can add 60 PP to it.

Those tunes vary between tires. All tuning aside, the difference between RH and SH translates to massive time differences. I wasn't one of the tuners you tested, so my pointing this out in no way is in defence or anything, lol. Just saying, the only real fair way to put tunes side by side using track times is to make sure each contestant is working with the same chances.
Also, I have all the Lotus collection, and I found the Elise Sport 190 '98 the faster and more agile among them, @ 500 and 550pp. But maybe a tune diference could change that, I don't know.
Other then that, This is excellent bro^^. I love to see people put effort into giving tuners feedback. And it is obvious you put a ton of time and effort into this. Great job man ^^

Hi all, today I bring you a little something special! I have done some research into some of the best 500pp cars out there by some of the best tuners on gtplanet, and put their tunes to theory. Why 500pp I hear you ask? When online, I prefer to use 500pp as I believe it is the most fun/competitive rank. Now before I annoy or upset some people, there is a few things I would like to get clear:
I am nowhere near the perfect driver, possibly not even classed as 'good' (lol), so the lap times may not be fully the result of the tunes, it may be down to my driving and preferences. another thing, if your tune is not here, it doesn't mean your tune is not the best, definitely not; I only picked out what I acknowledged as the most popular or interesting tunes, and I only had time to do 7 cars.

What did I do? thanks to the people here, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/best-track-for-testing.321875/, I decided to test these cars at the Trial Mountain track, as I concluded it was the best overall test for these cars. I did a few hotlaps for each car, and recorded down my fastest lap time for each one. I 100% did the cars and tunes accurately to what their source (creators official tune list) stated.

So here is my leaderboard!

Sorry that it is not to clear:
1st=1:36.725=LotusMotorsportElise'99=Shaunm80
2nd=1:38.289=HondaIntegraTypeR'04=JakeDog23
3rd=1:39.111=JaguarSTypeR'02=Praiano63
4th=1:.39.991=SubaruImprzWrxSti'07=Slender_Man
5th=1:40.291=Rx7SpiritTypeA'02=MotorCityHami
6th=1:40.549=LancerEvoIvGsr'96=Bowtie-Muscle
7th=1:42.198=FordFocusRs'02=TUNERXANDE1959

LOTUS MOTORSPORT ELISE '99

NOTES:
~CAR IS VERY RAPID, WITH VITAL ACCELERATION HELPING GOOD LAUNCHES
~ITS DOWNFORCE ALLOWS FLAT-OUT AROUND CORNERS
~ONE OF THE FASTEST 50PP CARS I HAVE USED/SEEN
~YOU CAN POSSITIVELY NOTICE THE LIGHT WEIGHT
~ALL LEVELS OF DRIVER, EVEN NEWCOMERS, CAN ENJOY AND WIN WITH THIS CAR
~POSSIBLY ONLY WEAKNESS IS THAT IT TENDS THE DRIFT WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED, BUT THIS CAN BE FIXED
~THIS CAR MAKES ME WANT TO TRY OUT SHAUNM80'S OTHER TUNES, GOOD JOB!
~ LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...w-seasonal-setups.300860/page-31#post-9805699

HONDA INTEGRA TYPE R '04

NOTES:
~VERY GOOD ALL-ROUNDER
~VERY STRONG AND STURDY AROUND CORNERS AND BENDS
~GOOD LONG STRAIGHT SPEED
~DRIVESNREALLY SMOOTH
~GOOD THROUGH TECHNICAL PARTS OF TRACKS
~SOMETIMES FEELS TO RIGID, BUT THIS IS BETTER THAN NOT HAVING ENOUGH RIGITY
~NICE TUNE JAKEDOG23
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-updated-tunes-out.304460/page-7#post-9851017

JAGUAR S TYPE R '02

NOTES:
~I AGREE WITH PRAIANO63, "IT IS A PLEASURE TO DRIVE"
~AMAZING LONG STRIAGHT SPEEDS
~POSSIBLY MOST POWERFULL 500PP CAR YOU WILL SEE ONLINE
~GREAT CAR FOR ALL LEVELS OF DRIVERS, INCLUDING NEWCOMERS
~CAN SOMETIMES FEEL SLUGGISH, BUT THIS IS BECAUSE IT IS SO POWERFULL AND HEAVIER THAN OTHER CARS
~I COULDNT SEEM TO MAKE IT WORK WELL AROUND THE LAST 2 CORNERS OF TRIAL MOUNTAIN
~GREAT CAR CHOICE PRAIANO63
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ll-x2014-junior.291084/page-129#post-10212246

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI '07

NOTES:
~VERY STURDY CAR
~BRILLIANT EXIT OUT OF CORNERS
~GREAT MIX OF ACCELERATION AND TOP SPEED
~YOU CAN POSSITIVIELY FEEL THE POWER
~POSSIBLY ONLY IMPROVEMENT IN MY OPINION IS THAT IF THE SPRINGS ARE SLIGHTLY LESS STIFF, THE CAR MIGHT BE FASTER
~VERY WELL TUNED BY SLENDER_MAN
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thecardboardbox-gt6-tuning-峠touge-湾岸wangan-mazda-lm55-vgt.292688/page-6#post-9858038

MAZDA RX-7 SPIRIT R TYPE A '02

NOTES:
~GREAT ON STRAIGHTS
~NATURALLY TRIES TO GO SIDEWAYS WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED
~ALTHOUGH IT NEEDS PRACTISE TO GET USED TO IT, THIS CAR MAY BE SUITABLE FOR NEWCOMERS
~COMPLIMENTS TO MOTOR CITY HAMI FOR THE FACT HE TURNED A DRIFT CAR INTO A COMPETITVE RACE CAR
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-18#post-9920641

LANCER EVOLUTION IV GSR '96

NOTES:
~VERY FUN TO DRIVE
~IMPRESSIVE HANDLING
~VERY WELL BALANCED
~VERY RELIABLE AND CONSISTANT; I WOULD USE THIS CAR FOR LONG DISTANCE RACES
~BOWTIE-MUSCLE HAS DONE A GREAT JOB HERE
~LINK TO TUNE: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...a-type-r-dc5-550pp.311172/page-4#post-9906201

FORD FOUCS RS '02

NOTES:
~MASSIVE UNDERSTEER-WOULD BE SERIOUSLY COMPETITVE IF FIXED
~CAR TRIES TO DRIFT WHEN BRAKES ARE APPLIED
~STRUGGLES ON ELEVATION DIFFEREANCES
~LOSSES TIME ON THE TECHNICAL PARTS OF TRIAL MOUNTAIN
~TUNERXANDE1959 HAS BUILT A CAR WITH THE POTENTIAL TO BE GREAT!
Awesome job with this and a nice selection of tunes, and not only because you used one of mine. For that I say thank you, glad to see you liking the Evo!

I agree with @demonchilde about the difference in tires. It would be best that all cars where on the same grade of tires. (But this is your test and you do what you want :D) Even though the original tune might call for a different tire, you could check with the tuner themselves and see what their advice would be if there is a tire change. Knowing and working side by side with most of the tuners on your list, I think they would be more than happy to give you any changes and would be interested in your findings. Great work with what you've done so far, Trial Mountain is a good "slippery" track to test tunes.👍
:cheers:

I found the Elise Sport 190 '98 the faster and more agile among them, @ 500 and 550pp. But maybe a tune diference could change that, I don't know.

*smacks head* I should have tested the Sport 190 by now. Definitely have to do that today. Will report back later with its best time compared with the 111R. Either way, Lotus has to be the 500pp champion.

Last edited:
Oh my guys, thank you so much for kind words! im kinda happy because this is my first feedback test thread!
Other then that, This is excellent bro^^. I love to see people put effort into giving tuners feedback. And it is obvious you put a ton of time and effort into this. Great job man ^^
thanks man, I did put a lot of effort into this, im glad people appreciate it! because of the good feedback, I will do another in the future, don't worry demon, ill put one of ur best tunes in haha.
Awesome job with this and a nice selection of tunes, and not only because you used one of mine. For that I say thank you, glad to see you liking the Evo!
yes bowtie, I didn't think you would see this!! thanks again for kind words, yes the Evo is great!

Guys, honestly I was expecting a load of hate messages because of how slow I am, but you guys are awesome!

p.s. that is true lion, I appreciate your advise

When I say "faster and more agile", I don't mean top speed faster, I mean quicker on the speed transitions from precorner-apex-out and back to top rev-rinse-repeat. Overall faster times on most multi twist turn tracks, Mountain, Ascari, Forest, Apricot ect.
The fastest top speed /for 500pp ss/ actually I found to be the Motor Sport Elise '99. And that car is a real Demon too. I just found that its sweet-spot was closer to 550pp. When I did the testing on the Lotus's, I did not include the 2 race-cars, so I have no idea about those, but as they are race-cars I assume they would perform of the RC class, most likely a lot faster.
I just realized that we are very close to thread-hijacking, so I'm going to play the Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that." card ^^

And M3BIMMER, you really don't have to, lol. I don't look forward to being put side by side with tuners that were tuning well before I even owned GT5, lol. They way I see it, I hope to God they would out-tune me, as I am learning from them ^^

Last edited:
It's when accidentally people go back and forth talking about something in posts and find the original topic being faded away. Thread-hijacking is 99.9% a complete accident, just people talking on a whim. But sometimes its done by people with no manners also. Hence why I stopped the side-talk before it escalated :)

It's when accidentally people go back and forth talking about something in posts and find the original topic being faded away. Thread-hijacking is 99.9% a complete accident, just people talking on a whim. But sometimes its done by people with no manners also. Hence why I stopped the side-talk before it escalated :)
oh ok thanks, don't worry, you are all kind and well manored in my opinion :eek:

Guys, honestly I was expecting a load of hate messages because of how slow I am, but you guys are awesome!
I don't see any need for hate messages for what you call "slow", or any other reason for that matter. You've put your time in testing other tuners tunes and provided feedback based on your driving. Not to mention that you have done a good job in your description, orginization, and providing links to the tunes themselves. It's like free publicity for the tuners!:dopey:
If you have not looked already, I would suggest getting involved in any future FITT competitions!

thank you so much lion, I was trying to make this thread helpful aswell, great you noticed.
I would suggest getting involved in any future FITT competitions!
really? I would like to, you got a link for me so I can see what it is? cheers

Here are the results of the Elise Sport 190 and 111R on CH tires at Laguna Seca, no oil change or mods done yet.

1:45.762 - 488 - Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98
1:46.487 - 440 - Lotus Elise 111R '04

The 111R is less than a second slower, and has 48 fewer PP.

Tough to say if a 500 PP Elise 111R would be faster than a 500 PP GSX-R/4. Would be interesting.

Tough to say if a 500 PP Elise 111R would be faster than a 500 PP GSX-R/4. Would be interesting
I must say, that would be interesting! people do say a lot about the gsx-r, I don't no because I havnt tried one! but the Lotus is so fast, seriously at 500pp against other 500pp it normally dominates

Thanks for the feedback on my WRX '07, much appreciated.
I'm happy you see it as a good 500pp car
Anytime mate, glad to see you here!
I will definitely use another of your tunes for part 2, if that's ok with you?

I personally hate the GSXr/4. When competing in any street race PP competition, you might as well just throw however many are in the race on the top places, and then whoever is left call the actual 1st place/second place, ect. I say this because I might need to be rich, but I can go buy any Lotus or corvette, or fast sports-car in real life, but I don't have the ability to go out and buy some space ship that is obviously not street legal in any country. That GSX thing is nothing but an engine with 4 wheels. I'm surprised they found room for headlights and a steering wheel, and didn't just put a huge antenna on it and call it an R/C remote control car. /end rant.
Back to being my regular happy-go-lucky self now lol ^^

Oh my guys, thank you so much for kind words! im kinda happy because this is my first feedback test thread!
thanks man, I did put a lot of effort into this, im glad people appreciate it! because of the good feedback, I will do another in the future, don't worry demon, ill put one of ur best tunes in haha.
yes bowtie, I didn't think you would see this!! thanks again for kind words, yes the Evo is great!

p.s. that is true lion, I appreciate your advise

No one should criticize your driving, we all have our strengths and weaknesses of tracks so you may be faster at certain tracks than others. I am not as fast as some of the other guys around here, but getting better.:dopey:

I personally hate the GSXr/4. When competing in any street race PP competition, you might as well just throw however many are in the race on the top places, and then whoever is left call the actual 1st place/second place, ect.

I find those GSXr really annoying in the quick match races.. they blast past you on the straight no matter what you try. I wonder if PD will reconfigure the PP for those cars.

Or just put them in the race-car only class, so regular street cars don't have to deal with them. It's just a fad I think. The "I'm better then you HA-HA!!! See me? Thats ME being BETTER then you!" people just found a new toy, so for a little while we have to deal with it. They will get sick of driving something that looks like a trash-compactor on wheels and go back to the high priced sports cars like before. Give it time.

Wewt ^^
Long live the R-33's :)

Good call DolHaus^^ I have always favored the R-33's over the 34's and 32's. I have the Touring Class tuned somewhere in my garage, but I havent tried tuning a 33 street car since March of last year, you beat me to it, lol.
I will have to pick a different one now that you did that one, maybe I will attempt the Nismo one.

I tested all the GT-R's and the '94 VSpecII is a full second faster than the '97 VSpec at Laguna Seca, all the while having 2 fewer PP's at the stock level before oil change.

Wewt ^^
Long live the R-33's :)

Good call DolHaus^^ I have always favored the R-33's over the 34's and 32's. I have the Touring Class tuned somewhere in my garage, but I havent tried tuning a 33 street car since March of last year, you beat me to it, lol.
I will have to pick a different one now that you did that one, maybe I will attempt the Nismo one.
This one was for the Car of the Month thread, I'd forgotten how good the R33 was to be honest. It feels like the most balanced of the GT-R's, strong engine without compromising the grip and at a good weight range for balanced handling. I don't think it will light up the timing screens but as a race car its hard to beat, very easy to keep it at 95% for lap after lap 👍

I don't know how to tune myself, but does anyone know if there are any 500pp cars except for the gsxr that are capable of going under 3 minutes total for the current trial mountain quick match event? I'd like to race against the fastest drivers in gsxrs without having to use one myself.

I don't know how to tune myself, but does anyone know if there are any 500pp cars except for the gsxr that are capable of going under 3 minutes total for the current trial mountain quick match event? I'd like to race against the fastest drivers in gsxrs without having to use one myself.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/haus-of-flying-daggers.301978/page-9#post-10350005
I just managed to smoke a few GSRs and Dino's in my Skyline, put some SS tyres on it and a custom gearbox (adjust max speed to track) and its good to go 👍

Back