530PP Nissan Skyline-GTR (R32, R33, R34) Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Autumn Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 90 comments
I'm sorry, don't know that. I'm still running with standard engine and standard turbo. I'm not a top skilled driver, so as long as I struggle to keep the car going into the right direction, I won't think about another turbo :lol: !
If you look at their replays, the revs red line at 8000, whereas the lowest I can get the red line down to is 8300. Also, my turbo gauge only goes 3/4 of the way round, but theirs go all the way round.

The et_ tune shown at the top of the thread red lines at 9100, so people appear to have refined the power settings in some way.....

I've spent all afternoon at this, and can't get within 0.5 secs of my best time - must have been a fluke!

Still trying to work out which weather provides the most grip too.

Last edited:
... I've spent all afternoon at this, and can't get within 0.5 secs of my best time - must have been a fluke!

Don't think so. I just fiddled around for a few minutes ( before I had to leave in my Toyota Aygo Kids' Taxi ) - the GT-R gets a 'quite different car' then so I guess it again takes some time to get the hang of it. Keep working 👍 !
And don't make me sweat ... I'm so happy with the time I managed ( and there's still a little bit in it ) that I refuse to change the setup and start again at 0 :nervous::scared::crazy: :) !

If you look at their replays, the revs red line at 8000, whereas the lowest I can get the red line down to is 8300. Also, my turbo gauge only goes 3/4 of the way round, but theirs go all the way round.

The et_ tune shown at the top of the thread red lines at 9100, so people appear to have refined the power settings in some way.....

I've spent all afternoon at this, and can't get within 0.5 secs of my best time - must have been a fluke!

interesting facts there 👍 ...deserves some looking into - or Perhaps an explanation from someone in the know :gtpflag:

As for the weather: To my knowledge, it doesn't make a difference in TT's. I have noticed it being discussed (only!?!) a couple of times in the Seasonal forums During the last 4-5 years, and on both occasions it was discarded as of no influence to the drive in TT's.
Some three years ago, we had a TT at the Nurb., Which was set to Changing weather conditions and had partial rain during the 10 minutes drive. That was the only time it had any influence as there were differences as to how much rain you would get. Hope we don't see that again: Quite annoying to have to exit/enter numerous times till you get it right...

Really nice going @ROCKET JOE 👍 ...and With your skill level, you shouldn't worry about Changing Setup: Give it half an hour, and you'll get it!

Nice battle from you guys at the top:tup: Will Rajman pull the ace Up his sleeve and dust off his wheel?

interesting facts there 👍 ...deserves some looking into - or Perhaps an explanation from someone in the know :gtpflag:

As for the weather: To my knowledge, it doesn't make a difference in TT's. I have noticed it being discussed (only!?!) a couple of times in the Seasonal forums During the last 4-5 years, and on both occasions it was discarded as of no influence to the drive in TT's.
Some three years ago, we had a TT at the Nurb., Which was set to Changing weather conditions and had partial rain during the 10 minutes drive. That was the only time it had any influence as there were differences as to how much rain you would get. Hope we don't see that again: Quite annoying to have to exit/enter numerous times till you get it right...

Really nice going @ROCKET JOE 👍 ...and With your skill level, you shouldn't worry about Changing Setup: Give it half an hour, and you'll get it!

Nice battle from you guys at the top:tup: Will Rajman pull the ace Up his sleeve and dust off his wheel?
Thanks for reply - hope someone can give us an explanation, as I can't work it out!

Having said that, it's doubtful that it will help my time.....

That's where I'm weak somehow. I hardly ever spend much time in working with different setups. I still use @ERAZER 's ( with a little tweaks to my liking ). To me these TTs are more "working with the ghost", trying to find the fastest approach to each and every corner in order to keep up as close as possible.
As for this TT here ... I've never tried harder before to be fast and precise with throttle / brakes.
Sorry b_t that I can't be of great help.

@Roweer1
Thanks for the nice comment. In return ... you've always been one of my ( DS3 ) reference points in all these years 👍 !

Last edited:
That's where I'm weak somehow. I hardly ever spend much time in working with different setups. I still use @Erazor's ( with a little tweaks to my liking ). To me these TTs are more "working with the ghost", trying to find the fastest approach to each and every corner in order to keep up as close as possible.
As for this TT here ... I've never tried harder before to be fast and precise with throttle / brakes.
Sorry b_t that I can't be of great help.

@Roweer1
Thanks for the nice comment. In return ... you've always been one of my ( DS3 ) reference points in all these years 👍 !
Amazing skill with the controller - do you need 3 hands to cope with manual gears and nitro?

I suffer with the same problem as someone else mentioned on this forum - can set a reasonable time relatively quickly, but then find I go slower over the remaining weeks of the TT. I'm really envious of those who can keep plugging away knocking tenths or more off until the end!

Amazing skill with the controller - do you need 3 hands to cope with manual gears and nitro?

I suffer with the same problem as someone else mentioned on this forum - can set a reasonable time relatively quickly, but then find I go slower over the remaining weeks of the TT. I'm really envious of those who can keep plugging away knocking tenths or more off until the end!

:) ... If I had three hands I'd probably use one to hold the controller itself ... to finally get out of my
"sitting cross-legged on the floor" position :lol:.
Is it that you lose being hot and interested ? Using different setups might actually help then 👍 ...

:) ... If I had three hands I'd probably use one to hold the controller itself ... to finally get out of my
"sitting cross-legged on the floor" position :lol:.
Is it that you lose being hot and interested ? Using different setups might actually help then 👍 ...
I do try different setups, sometimes I find that I try a new setup, find a bit of time, then go back to my old setup and improve again!

I think that my problem is that I'm too consistent, I can run a number of laps at the same speed, but am unable to lap any faster. That's the case with the QMs too, as you may have noticed!

I do try different setups, sometimes I find that I try a new setup, find a bit of time, then go back to my old setup and improve again!

I think that my problem is that I'm too consistent, I can run a number of laps at the same speed, but am unable to lap any faster. That's the case with the QMs too, as you may have noticed!

Are there certain sections where you think you could / should improve ?

Are there certain sections where you think you could / should improve ?
I seem to be slower through the corners, as my friends' blue lines are in front of me until after the S bends - I then manage to pull in front of them, drop behind them again, then pull clear at the top of the hill until the finish line. That may just be down to nitro use management though.

I do know that early braking is important here - I've seen how much time can be lost braking too late for a corner!

I seem to be slower through the corners, as my friends' blue lines are in front of me until after the S bends - I then manage to pull in front of them, drop behind them again, then pull clear at the top of the hill until the finish line. That may just be down to nitro use management though.

I do know that early braking is important here - I've seen how much time can be lost braking too late for a corner!

Roughly found three things to be important :
The shortest possible line including cutting the corners ... except for the 270 degree lefthander where going wide first and pulling out in a straight line is fastest. ( @coryclifford will have a hard time here as long as sticking to having "four wheels on track" )
As a result braking points are crucial of course.
Shifting - I short shift very often, easier for me to keep the car planted.
The last righthander before mainstraight and setting up the car as far right as possible to max out the rest.

As soon as I lose noticeable on my ghost, I start practicing that section ( until I'm pleased ) and then go on.
Just a thought.
You maybe should use a faster ghost ;).

Last edited:
Roughly found three things to be important :
The shortest possible line including cutting the corners ... except for the 270 degree lefthander where going wide first and pulling out in a straight line is fastest. ( @coryclifford will have a hard time here as long as sticking to having "four wheels on track" )
As a result braking points are crucial of course.
Shifting - I short shift very often, easier for me to keep the car planted.
The last righthander before mainstraight and setting up the car as far right as possible to max out the rest.

As soon as I lose noticeable on my ghost, I start practicing that section ( until I'm pleased ) and then go on.
Just a thought.
You maybe should use a faster ghost ;).

I use auto box, which I know doesn't help.

Can't keep up with a faster ghost :lol:

However, I am at least ahead of the person you mentioned - but don't tell him.....

You're right, the weather has been discussed a few times - the following is the tail end of a major discussion on the subject:- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...p-tsukuba-circuit.350909/page-6#post-11656862

I do find it makes a difference for me, but you're right, it's a nuisance having to keep going out and back in to find the 'right' weather.

Last edited:
I use auto box, which I know doesn't help.

Can't keep up with a faster ghost :lol:

You don't have to really keep up with it ( it actually annoys me when the ghost is too close ). You just need to keep control of the ( growing ) gap. Guess I'm better at hunting, so I always use one out of the top 10.

However, I am at least ahead of the person you mentioned - but don't tell him...
I'm aware... :D Not too interested in the TTs lately. I guess I prefer yelling at poor drivers in the Quick Matches. But what I really want to do is drive Dirt Rally VR again like I did yesterday because that is fun as 🤬! I don't even want a TV anymore, just give me the goggles and headphones and a lot of beer and I'll be in my happy place. So cool.

I'm aware... :D Not too interested in the TTs lately. I guess I prefer yelling at poor drivers in the Quick Matches. But what I really want to do is drive Dirt Rally VR again like I did yesterday because that is fun as 🤬! I don't even want a TV anymore, just give me the goggles and headphones and a lot of beer and I'll be in my happy place. So cool.
I was relying on that - might give me a chance to finish ahead of you for once! I'd still like to get below the 1:18 Mark, whatever it will still be my best TT finish ever :)

Shows how targets change though - I started off with being happy to get gold, then I wanted to be in top 1000, now I want to be in the top 250 at every event.

Won't be for much longer though will it.....

Haven't tried VR yet, not sure how I'd get on with it, as some of the events on here make me queasy!

I don't watch much TV, usually only the Grand Prix. My wife's happy for me to spend time on GT as she's an avid TV watcher, but I tell her I don't like spending my evenings staring at a TV screen........ Not sure that she's grasped the irony in that statement yet :lol:

My buddy spun out on Dirt Rally VR on the first stage and got so queasy he didn't want to play anymore. Funny. I get car sick in the backseat, but no problem with the VR goggles. Thankfully, because I want em!

1:15.838. Despite the solid improvement, I do have mixed feelings about this lap. Sector 1 was a personal best by a huge margin. I only got a clean 26.2 one other time and I believe it was a .28x, this one was a .240. The next two turns after that were still solid, but some really dumb mistakes on my part from the turn before the loop to the end of sector 2 cost me at least a tenth. Finished with a good final sector but the mistakes mean I could probably get into the .6s with an amazing lap.

Found out how to get the gears to red line at 8000, by adding high turbo, and dropping all engine tunes except intake tuning. Produces the same power and torque as the original tune, but with full power available for longer at high revs.

Initially, I thought this was faster, but the best I could get out of it was a 1:18.3xx. Using that lap as a ghost, I then reverted to the original et_ tune, and did a 1:17.726!! Finally below that 1:18 barrier.

I also found that using 60% nitro boost helped, as it improved power delivery, and gave boost for longer around the lap.

Did you hear me shout "yes yes yes" over there in the U.K. when I came across your post ? ( if I could I'd give three likes 👍👍👍 )
Great job, great persistence b_t !

1:15.838. Despite the solid improvement, I do have mixed feelings about this lap. Sector 1 was a personal best by a huge margin. I only got a clean 26.2 one other time and I believe it was a .28x, this one was a .240. The next two turns after that were still solid, but some really dumb mistakes on my part from the turn before the loop to the end of sector 2 cost me at least a tenth. Finished with a good final sector but the mistakes mean I could probably get into the .6s with an amazing lap.[/QU

Why does this always happen to me???

First of all i was driving the first and the second sector perfectly but threw it all in the last sector away. If i had kept that time and improved on the last sector a bit i would have got a time of 1:15.67x

Secondly i managed to improve my time a bit which ist a 1:15.763 now but all of a sudden i cannot connect with the server... What the actual 🤬 is that???
I also tried to sign in and out but it didn't help me. May somebody help me on this issue please? The issues are either ID=2.0 or ID=2:524

Last edited:

First of all i was driving the first and the second sector perfectly but threw it all in the last sector away. If i had kept that time and improved on the last sector a bit i would have got a time of 1:15.67x

Secondly i managed to improve my time a bit which is a 1:15.763 now but all of a sudden i cannot connect with the server... What the actual 🤬 is that???
May somebody help me there please. I also signed in and out but i got always the same problem which is ID=2.0

First of all i was driving the first and the second sector perfectly but threw it all in the last sector away. If i had kept that time and improved on the last sector a bit i would have got a time of 1:15.67x ...

I'd be happy in that given situation :lol: !
It's a relief to hear that even the top guys don't get everything right all the time :D ...

As for the ID errors they occur from time to time here too but all that ever helped was waiting. Annoying thing.
You might check your router though.

I did this event again yesterday on my second account for the money and the prizes.
Used an R32 GODZILLA at 500 PP and without Nitro. I was shocked passing the start with about 20 ghost lines
of my friends flying by and painting the whole track blue :crazy: - it was really remarkable how widespread their
racinglines were :lol: ...

Ended up with .5 under gold and P9500 something. So for those who like stats, about 10000 people have
reached gold here.

Here's the lap for my first ever WR on Gran Turismo. Big thanks to @SWR_WeiTN for capturing my lap and to @ERAZER for the setup :D
You know, the last time we had this combo (in the early days of GT6), that was my first WR, thats pretty cool that we both got our first record in the same event. :P

Nicely driven! As I said before, I had a bit more time to find but not enough to beat you, you where simply too damn fast! :)

Back