^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
550PP Ferrari F40 Super Lap @ Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Tunes:

Ferrari F40 '92 by Ridox2JZGTE

Ferrari F40 '92 by shaunm80

Ferrari F40 '92 by coryclifford

Ferrari F40 '92 by Polsixe

Ferrari F40 '92 by Stotty

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
This reminds me of last year's GT Academy.

Got only 1:28.3 and I think I'm done. I'm just terrible at driving MR cars. :indiff:

Edit: time updated.

Last edited:
I can't get the car at 50:50 weightdistribution, just 49:51 and that's still messed up.
In GT6 this car is perfect for drifting, together with the lacia stratos, one of the worst car's in this game for me.
Got gold after 36minutes, done and done and done.:banghead:
Maybe, just maybe i try it again but then with steerhelp and maybe ASM.
Traction at 1 and abs at 1, and it would be a drift event? i would nailed it easy.

Ahhh, this is a relief to write it out of me.Zennnn.

This ones a real tuner's special, not really great with a DS3, but got into the 1:30.8 range after a few laps and had both TT completed in about 30 mins. Not a lot to work on this week.

This combo is simply great, PD is on the right way. I had a couple of hours to play GT6 and I thought of doing all the events from this last batch but, I tried this at first and suddenly I realised that I spent the two hours just in this event.

I started from scratch, tuning the car to suit the track. Lovely experience. I'm far from Shooter but with AS off I managed to be in a very early 22nd position. Let's see how this event goes throughout the time.

this car is AWFUL.

Every corner it just wants to understeer with a kick of oversteer. Got a 1.30.8xx on the first lap and I'm done with this car entirely.

The car is great. It's just a wild beast, tame it and it will reward you.

Absolute rubbish (I did gold it but zero fun factor). If they want to make the event tougher, which I am all for; lower the time required for goodness sake, do not make the car handle like an unrealistic arcade heap of junk. I had this car tuned and know how it handled before I entered this rubbish faux drift event. Do these people actually even play their own game? Happy Easter everyone btw. :cheers:

So, I managed a 1:31.6xx at first lap and then gold at second lap.
My best so far is a 1:27.444 with very close weight to the real car (1112kg) and using manual gearbox with clutch.
This car is very fun to drive but doesn't allow any distraction or abrupt movements on the steering or throttle :scared:

Last edited:
''There are several ways to alleviate strong oversteer, but the more effective methods include changing the front tyres only to comfort tyres''

PD officially advises us to drive F40 with COMFORT tires in front and SPORTS tires in the back lol :lol:
This official description sounds very arcade to me!

Last edited:
I used to love this car.

After playing this (Super) lap, I wonder if this car is handicapped, cock-eyed or drunk!!!!

Sheesh! Such an ill handling car. I'm talking about it in stock, wit no tune as yet.

The F40 has a very difficult temper... :crazy:

This reminds me of the Alfa 8C event in GT5. The wrong car for the wrong event and extremely hard with a DS3. This is a timed drift event without points...

Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) EU Market
AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review 550 PP Version

Special Build Ferrari F40 '92 EU Market AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989
550PP
Sports Hard to Sport Soft
F40 Super Lap at Apricot Hill

CAR : Ferrari F40 '92
Tire : Sports Hard to Sports Soft

Specs No Cats - 550PP ( High RPM Range Turbo Kit )
No Fuel Weight

Horsepower: 506 HP / 513 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 438.6 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1169 kg ( weight figure without fuel, calculated based on 0.711kg for 1 litre of fuel and 1254kg on 120L full tank )
Ballast : 57 kg
Ballast Position : -13
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life ( without fuel, close to 41/59 )
Performance Points: 550

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
HIGH RPM Range Turbo Kit
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs based on stock F40 spring ratio with Street/Track Tuned Damper with
Ferrari F40 US Edition Technical Manual Alignment Range
Ride Height based on Best Motoring Tsukuba Battle driven by Motoharu Kurosawa

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 81 81 - Best Motoring Battle
Spring Rate: 8.04 11.61 - Based on factory F40 spring rate ratio
Dampers (Compression): 7 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 6
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.2
Toe Angle: 0.16 0.23

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected EU Market AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version Ratio Gear Set and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.620
Set Auto Top Speed to 217 MPH / 349 KMH
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.769
2nd 1.722
3rd 1.227
4th 0.963
5th 0.767
Final Gear : 3.620 - Final set on 1st step and not touch again, should be fine on 1.17
Optimum Shift Point : 7400-7700 RPM ( as in real life )

LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 60% Lock and Medium Preload - AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 36

Alternate LSD Setup for looser handling :

Initial Torque : 27

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/4, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Ferrari F40, the last great Ferrari IMO, no electronics aids, just pure man and machine :)

This car is one of my most favorite ride in GT5 and GT6, and it's well known for it's inaccuracy in terms of stats and stock setup.

I made this special replica build with the main goal of correcting the mistakes and make it handle more like a Ferrari, whatever that means :P

First of all, there are 2 region market for Ferrari F40, Europe and US. Both has distinctive setup from power, weight to gearing.

The EU market has much lighter dry weight and comes with lift kit/variable ride height suspension system from factory, with lower final gear and slightly different 2nd and 5th gear :)

This replica is a representation of EU F40 with lift kit, EIBACH ERS springs installed and further based on specification from Auto Motorsport Magazine review back in February 1989. There are some differences to the earlier version replica I have built, mainly the weight, gearing and LSD. I have used LSD profile from F355, this time I have the correct data with 60% lock LSD. For gearing, the Auto Motorsport Mag version although uses different values, also achieved the exact speed/accceleration/top speed and rpm /speed figure on each gear as the other 2 version have posted. The other 2 replica earlier gearing was based on Ferrari owner's club and manual reports, while this one is based on magazine review.

The power of EU F40 from dyno reports with cat installed of 471HP / 478PS / 478CV with curb weight as measured and reported by Auto Motorsport Magazine = 1254kg / 2763.81 lbs and 39.2/60.8 weight distribution. This is curb weight with full fluids and full tank of fuel ( 120L ) - without driver. With a driver, the weight distribution will shift closer to 38/62.
Gross Vehicle Weight ( GVW ) as reported is 1430kg ( max operating weight with driver + passenger + cargo).

Some EU F40 do not have cats installed, usually the early years model, these non Cats F40 has been reported to have in excess of 500HP, some even dynoed with close to 520PS or 513HP.

To achieve the power figure of non cats EU F40, I decided to include 2 optional upgrades path, one uses high rpm range turbo kit and exhaust manifold, the other intake tuning and exhaust manifold. The specs are listed above.

For suspension, I have used EIBACH ERS springs at 8.25kg/mm front and 12.0kg/mm rear, maintaining spring ratio for the stock F40 spring rate, as the stock value can't be achieved. Damper setup for street and track, with ARB set for balance. Toe and camber has been setup with real world alignment values, based on F355 alignment which from report share similar alignment with F40 - closest information I can get :)

An alternate spring rate at 12kg/mm front and rear also provided, this is more oriented for high speed cornering and sweepers.

The real Ferrari F40 has ZF Self Locking LSD, based from Auto Motorsport review specs, the rear LSD has 60% lock, I have tuned likewise, with medium preload. The previous replica LSD which uses specs from Ferrari F355 with 45% lock and high preload also listed as optional.

The corrected EU F40 ratios and final based from the Auto Motorsport mag also able to replicate top speed of real F40 at 324kmh/201mph, furthermore, the rolling acceleration time and vehicle speed at 5th gear 1000rpm has been closely replicated - similar to the tested reports from the magazine.

Various test results from Auto Motorsport mag :

60kmh-100kmh in 4th gear rolling acceleration : 6.3s
80kmh-120kmh in 5th gear rolling acceleration : 8.5s
5th Gear speed at 1000 RPM : 43.5kmh

F40 speed on each gear at about 7400-7700rpm optimal shift point :
1st 90kmh
2nd 144kmh
3rd 201kmh
4th 255kmh
5th 321+kmh

Feel free to try it at SSR7 :)

The F40 was extensively tuned/tested at Ascari, Tsukuba, Spa, Bathurst, Nordschleife, SSR7, Apricot Hill, Brands Hatch GP and Willow Springs.

I also managed to replicate the real life lap time of F40 at Tsukuba, done on Best Motoring at 1:03.73. The car easily do 1:02s comfort soft - slightly quicker than the US F40, as it should :D

Another real life at Suzuka record 2:25.27 in real life can easily be replicated. I managed 2:21.175s on 1st lap.

The above quote is from original replica which provides some background information on the original build, this 550PP version is based on.

The 550PP F40 is a combination of the EU Auto Motorsport Mag 1989 replica and revision made for F40 FITT GTP SuperCar Shootout at Midfield ( March-April 2015 ) The F40 wasn't entered in the shootout, but I decided to lower the power and set it at 550PP. This F40 offers a unique experience, with setup aimed to replicate real life performance in previous form, but now has more power to play with and much higher grip tire as well.

At Apricot Hill, it should easily do 1:27s in 1st lap :D I included a replay of test lap offline at Apricot Hill, 1:27s on 1st lap.

ENJOY :cheers:

UPDATE : Fixed the final drive value.

Attachments

• F40550PPApricotHill1m27sSH.zip
    334 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Somehow got 1:30.657 with one of the tunes posted above. I wasn't even happy with the lap, but at least it was good enough for gold. It was fun in its own way, but I'm glad it's done.

Great tune there Ridox. Have tried this for months and it's a great car to learn one how to tame monsters. It is a proof that GT6 physics are pretty nice in fact.

Never underestimate the potential of F40, even on CS and real life based build, it can do 1:02s at Tsukuba, almost on par with Gallardo and Nissan GTR on same CS tire ( real life spec ) It's just unique and needs practice to get used to it :D Try the 550PP build on SH to SS, it's nice to drive, the original replica if I remember correctly was capable of 1:30/31s on CS tire at Apricot Hill.

I got gold first lap (lucky, I guess). I just did a few tweaks to the car. I added some weight so I could move the ballast to the front to get a little better weight distribution, and I changed the camber to 0.

I think I'll try this later tonight with the Exeter (Shaunm80) tune, his tunes are awesome.

Ferrari F40 '92

550PP
531 BHP
1275 kgs
Weight Distribution 45:44

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

Standard Rims (of course)

FC Suspension
F/R
85/95
10.70/19.30
6/7
5/5
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.931
2nd 2.183
3rd 1.678
4th 1.348
5th 1.128
Set final gear to 2.945

FC LSD
5/6/5
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3

Weight Reduction Stage 2
Ballast - Set 99kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only at Apricot Hill Raceway.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...dated-with-new-seasonal-setups.300860/page-19

What an evil car... I love it :D

1'24.88e for an early top 5 until the fast boys turn up.

Still plenty of time everywhere!

May i ask what do you like of this 'brick' ? ' Banter Alert here'

I loved this car when i was little i even had a poster of it in my room, but i'll be frank the 1st time i drove it in GT6 i was like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :mad: ? Even when approaching a bend at like 60 km\h the back of it try to snap and roll like a crazy bee.

I grow up believing that Ferrari were handling like 'heaven' even the most twisted ones, but please how it has been 'simulated' on GT6 it's an Insult to such a beautiful car. To be fair i just made some laps with the stock version of it without touching anything but i cannot believe how bad the handling is. And i'm even using a wheel not a DS3...:ouch:

I'll try some tunes and whatever but for now the stock verison is pretty 🤬.

Sorry for this banter :banghead:

Maybe i need to shup up and drive :grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) EU Market
AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review 550 PP Version

Special Build Ferrari F40 '92 EU Market AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989
550PP
Sports Hard to Sport Soft
F40 Super Lap at Apricot Hill

CAR : Ferrari F40 '92
Tire : Sports Hard to Sports Soft

Specs No Cats - 550PP ( High RPM Range Turbo Kit )
No Fuel Weight

Horsepower: 506 HP / 513 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 438.6 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1169 kg ( weight figure without fuel, calculated based on 0.711kg for 1 litre of fuel and 1254kg on 120L full tank )
Ballast : 57 kg
Ballast Position : -13
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life ( without fuel, close to 41/59 )
Performance Points: 550

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Tuning Parts Installed :
HIGH RPM Range Turbo Kit
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs based on stock F40 spring ratio with Street/Track Tuned Damper with
Ferrari F40 US Edition Technical Manual Alignment Range
Ride Height based on Best Motoring Tsukuba Battle driven by Motoharu Kurosawa

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 81 81 - Best Motoring Battle
Spring Rate: 8.04 11.61 - Based on factory F40 spring rate ratio
Dampers (Compression): 7 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 6
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.2
Toe Angle: 0.16 0.23

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected EU Market AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version Ratio Gear Set and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.260
Set Auto Top Speed to 217 MPH / 349 KMH
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.769
2nd 1.722
3rd 1.227
4th 0.963
5th 0.767
Final Gear : 3.620
Optimum Shift Point : 7400-7700 RPM ( as in real life )

LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 60% Lock and Medium Preload - AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version
Initial Torque : 30

Alternate LSD Setup for looser handling :

Initial Torque : 27

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/4, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The above quote is from original replica which provides some background information on the original build, this 550PP version is based on.

The 550PP F40 is a combination of the EU Auto Motorsport Mag 1989 replica and revision made for F40 FITT GTP SuperCar Shootout at Midfield ( March-April 2015 ) The F40 wasn't entered in the shootout, but I decided to lower the power and set it at 550PP. This F40 offers a unique experience, with setup aimed to replicate real life performance in previous form, but now has more power to play with and much higher grip tire as well.

At Apricot Hill, it should easily do 1:27s in 1st lap :D

ENJOY :cheers:
Has the tranny glitch been resolved? How can one change the final gear after setting the gears as in the tune instructions without everything switching back to default?:confused:

Lotta money for a Gold one lap try. Don't mind that one bit!

This car is goofy, always has been. I just continue to dumb it down and make it easier and end up with some really strange looking tune numbers. But it's getting faster.

Back