550PP Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Midfield Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 216 comments
Ok, I thought I'd come over to the wild side [maybe that should be wild-slide]. Only spent about 15 min each in 2 cars and I see I'm way down the list. Got a 1.12.694 in the NSX Mateus Paulo tune and 1.12.745 in JeJe's Suzuki, well done both. Looks like I'm going to drive myself crazy twice over now.:crazy::lol:

2x, Mr. P really helped me in GT5/6, really a shame he is no longer contributing to GTPlanet. I know things broke down, still a real shame/loss.
He even stopped on the other forum, from what I remembered, he has gone to Pcars tuning because he found it a lot more detailed and that he couldn't go back to GT6 tuning physics.

Got down to 1.12.5 something in the NSX-LM but wrecked it so many times I was losing 2pp for a single lap so did an oil change and rigidity fix but was still down on hp. So I bought a new one put L30's tune back on ended up with 10 more hp and cracked a 1.11.894. It was still down on the tunes stated power, that happens a lot and makes me wonder why. Maybe the horses don't like the air down under.

Got down to 1.12.5 something in the NSX-LM but wrecked it so many times I was losing 2pp for a single lap so did an oil change and rigidity fix but was still down on hp. So I bought a new one put L30's tune back on ended up with 10 more hp and cracked a 1.11.894. It was still down on the tunes stated power, that happens a lot and makes me wonder why. Maybe the horses don't like the air down under.
It's because they are using a different measure of power, the English version is BHP, for example the French and Brazilian version of the game shows cv, which is slightly higher than BHP. So it's normal. :cheers:

It's because they are using a different measure of power, the English version is BHP, for example the French and Brazilian version of the game shows cv, which is slightly higher than BHP. So it's normal. :cheers:

Thanks. Was wondering about the stated HP in some of the tunes myself.
Whispered to myself..."But I tuned exactly as directed, how come they stated a higher HP than what I was getting?"

I feel your pain. Most I've been able to get is 1:12.something. I has consprcy thery.
Always make sure to look at the driving settings of the author of the tune, mostly active steering because if you go to the leaderboards everytime there is a mix of no active steering and strong active steering. I find that the active steering setting affects the tune a lot, so make sure to keep that in mind.

Always make sure to look at the driving settings of the author of the tune, mostly active steering because if you go to the leaderboards everytime there is a mix of no active steering and strong active steering. I find that the active steering setting affects the tune a lot, so make sure to keep that in mind.

True. Just recently I began to observe the active steering/ no active steering and the "Off, Mild or Strong" setting options chosen by the top ranked guys in the Seasonal Time Trials. What I noticed is that the top ranked guys often had "No active steering" chosen also mostly "0" Traction Control" as their preferred choice. Which led me to trying some TTs and races similarly chosen. It was odd at first but after a while I noticed it did help better finishes. I eventually settled for "0"/"Off" Active steering with "Strong" whatever to compensate and TC on "1". Been making a difference.

Can't quite yet master the "Manual" Transmission driving yet though especially for hard races so I mainly leave that on "Automatic".

Can't quite yet master the "Manual" Transmission driving yet though especially for hard races so I mainly leave that on "Automatic".

Hey davidt33, do you use the paddles or a shifter? Sorry, just curious as to what you use and any problems/difficulties you may have when using these, if any. I use a controller so good info for me for future reference, hopefully. :)

:cheers: 👍

Hey davidt33, do you use the paddles or a shifter? Sorry, just curious as to what you use and any problems/difficulties you may have when using these, if any. I use a controller so good info for me for future reference, hopefully. :)

:cheers: 👍

Hi Phineas. The Logitech G29 Wheel comes with paddle shifters so I use that when driving manual. They work very good actually, easy to use and within handy reach. That wheel was a damn good investment and ready for the PS4 when time comes for me to buy it along with GTsport. Anxiously awaiting that.

Great, thanks for the info David.

With my question I was trying to assess whether you were having trouble with access/manipulation of the paddles (or shifter, info for me in general) or with timing issues when using MT. The first appears clear-cut with your answer. if it is the second, keep persisting, it'll fall into place.

Thanks again.

👍

Great, thanks for the info David.

With my question I was trying to assess whether you were having trouble with access/manipulation of the paddles (or shifter, info for me in general) or with timing issues when using MT. The first appears clear-cut with your answer. if it is the second, keep persisting, it'll fall into place.

Thanks again.

👍

Yeah the G29 paddle shifters are great for manual. It's just that I got to practice using it more so it becomes second nature.

I've got to do the same. I've got a G27 and after years of using a DF and DF PRO and using manual most of the time I got lazy and started using AT. I can handle it in the slower races but these TTs catch me out a bit. I found Oteliema's great tune for the NSX an example where manual is needed over AT, got a 1.12.1 m and a 1.12.4 auto but I'm still making stuff-ups. More practice plus it's easier to have a drink on auto.:cheers::cheers:

I've got to do the same. I've got a G27 and after years of using a DF and DF PRO and using manual most of the time I got lazy and started using AT. I can handle it in the slower races but these TTs catch me out a bit. I found Oteliema's great tune for the NSX an example where manual is needed over AT, got a 1.12.1 m and a 1.12.4 auto but I'm still making stuff-ups. More practice plus it's easier to have a drink on auto.:cheers::cheers:
Yeah my TT transmissions don't like AT much. Too much torque for the slow turns.

17023.png

I have this one, Got him free from a friend. I dont know dudes..... This need 🤬 much practice and training.

I would even suggest going through all the licensing stages again with the wheel since you need to relearn how to drive with the wheel.
Also spend a lot of time in the current Ferrari quick match, that car will go fast if you can keep it balanced and punish you if you can't. It should hilight what areas you need to work on; getting oversteer on corner exit? Work on throttle control. If your under steering past the apex, work on trail braking.
Once you've identified your driving problems then do the license test that will train those areas.

Also, spend a lot of time driving on CS tires as they force you to learn how to balance the car the best.

Last edited:
What did it for me to get used to the wheel was the 450 PP CH seasonal at Tskuba.
But something else I do about once month is grab my favorite 500PP car slap some SM tires on it go to Trial Mountain set a good quick lap, drop to CS tires and try to beat the SM lap.
That's getting harder to do ;)

I honestly don't know how I learnt how to drive, I started at the age of 7 so I probably just went round and round and made discoveries along the way :lol: I think that Trial Mountain is the best track for learning how to drive with a wheel, it has all types of corners, helping you to learn every type of corner and the throttle and brake input. 👍

Back