550PP Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Midfield Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 216 comments
What did it for me to get used to the wheel was the 450 PP CH seasonal at Tskuba.
But something else I do about once month is grab my favorite 500PP car slap some SM tires on it go to Trial Mountain set a good quick lap, drop to CS tires and try to beat the SM lap.
That's getting harder to do ;)

When you switch to the CS tires do you adjust the suspension to compensate for the different tire grades? I read somewhere, something about changing the ride hieght or the springs by 1mm per tire grade. I actually don't remember what it said but it was along those lines...

Either way that's a neat idea and I'll probably have a go at it! :cheers:

Car NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

550pp 466bhp1143kg 45:55 weight Sports Hard

Body: STG 3 Weight D.F. 350/560 or change

Power: STG 3 Eng @79.1 %

Diff: Trip Clutch LSD 8/10/8

Trans: Default F.G. 5500 top min 1st 3735 2nd 2756 3rd 2253 4th 1882 5th 1593 6th 1351 F.G.3436

Susp: 85/70 4.43/8.00 3/4 4/3 0/0 -0.05/-0.05 Brakes Race 5/4

do not know if did oil change so do set up first and you can try ridgy didge too if you want

Just a slow tune for this car,still more in there so change what you want

111.818 easily with a controller.
I have sway bars at 3/3 No oil or rigidity. ABS 1 only aid besides your set-up :)

I have to say you have fantastic set-ups, very well balanced and forgiving. Very easy to drive at a well above slow pace.

Well done and thank you for sharing.

Update:

Got the chair and wheel out and went 111.118

I shortened 5th and 6th gear a little bit 1.612 and 1.390
Anti roll bars 7/7
Downforce 300/510
weight 16kg at -50

I suspect that the changes had less to do with improving my time than just doing laps. but it did seem a little faster after the downforce and gearing changes when chasing my ghost down the front straight.

I bought another car and will try the rigidity on it with the same set-up.

I have to try again later for the elusive 110 :)

Thanks again @lisanorm

correction 111.108 lol

Last edited:
When you switch to the CS tires do you adjust the suspension to compensate for the different tire grades? I read somewhere, something about changing the ride hieght or the springs by 1mm per tire grade. I actually don't remember what it said but it was along those lines...

Either way that's a neat idea and I'll probably have a go at it! :cheers:
In particular I run a SH tune so the car is a little grippy on SM and a little loose on CS. Which helps with smoothing out inputs. At least for me it does.

3-6 months is a long time. I found also it took me a few weeks as well. I still find random tight tracks or cars that I am faster with a DS3 but they are very very few.
@davidt33 turn on MT turn off TCS (except for 700+pp) and stick with it. It will become second nature in a few days of playing

Well, I gave myself an hour to try and get into the 1.10's. I extended it because I got so close after about 40 minutes with a 1.11.1xx...but after going over about 20 minutes to 1 hour 20, I haven't gotten it done....yet.

Might try some more in a little while.

Keep blowing laps that are .5-.6 seconds faster in the last tunnel turn.

Question for you wheel guys. Does the steering wheel set up add much steering? Seems like I have to lift throttle where guys in the replays aren't?
But if I tune in more steering the cars gets wicked loose?

It's as if the mechanical throw is higher with the wheel?

t's as if the mechanical throw is higher with the wheel?
The "throw" on a wheel is actually less than the DS3.
What the difference is we can avoid over turn of the wheels there by keeping the grip of the tires and with the greater movement range we can tune cars to turn more on throttle and not ditch it in a turn.

The "throw" on a wheel is actually less than the DS3.
What the difference is we can avoid over turn of the wheels there by keeping the grip of the tires and with the greater movement range we can tune cars to turn more on throttle and not ditch it in a turn.

Wow, I Thought it would be the same, or favor the wheel, as far as wheel angle total.
The finer control is what I expected and it makes sense that it allows a looser car because of that. The DS3 seems to push and then when it's cranked close to or at full lock the car suddenly breaks rear traction when the fronts bite.

On a better note, I got my 1.10, 15 minutes in to another 1 hour session. Spent the rest trying to improve on a 1.10.79x. I can run 1.10.80's like nobodies business doing 3 in a row, but could never improve it. lol
I've tried so many tunes and variations now, it's piling up the track time. Probably have 6-7 hours in this one event. :/

Wow, I Thought it would be the same, or favor the wheel, as far as wheel angle total.
The finer control is what I expected and it makes sense that it allows a looser car because of that. The DS3 seems to push and then when it's cranked close to or at full lock the car suddenly breaks rear traction when the fronts bite.

On a better note, I got my 1.10, 15 minutes in to another 1 hour session. Spent the rest trying to improve on a 1.10.79x. I can run 1.10.80's like nobodies business doing 3 in a row, but could never improve it. lol
I've tried so many tunes and variations now, it's piling up the track time. Probably have 6-7 hours in this one event. :/
Grats on the 1:10.7xx.
I think I got mixed up on what you meant by throw. The total wheel angle is the same at maximum, the difference as mentioned above is the finer control most good wheels are 900 degrees of rotation same as a real car.
Really good wheels have options to go as low as 240 degrees for faster turning reaction.

What the DS3 has over a wheel is much much much way way (got the idea?:lol:) lock to lock and perma assists to compensate for the really short travel of the sticks/triggers.

17023.png

I have this one, Got him free from a friend. I dont know dudes..... This need 🤬 much practice and training.

Go buy a lancia stratos (road going version) put comfort hard tires on it , and try to master the nordschleife , once you've done that every car will be fun and easy to drive! ;)

edit: it's even funnier without abs , in case you already tought you had it ;)

Last edited:
Finally managed to beat this one with the NSX Prototype Road Car, getting 1:15.5xx without much effort.
I had held off from buying that car because I hate using the car for each of these Seasonal events. Hence I'm struggling with the 700pp race car Le Mans event because I refuse to buy the (non-premium) Peugeot :grumpy:

PD should just rename these things one-make races because it doesn't take long for the car to surface, and then everyone is using it. The NSX appears in 196 of the top 200 times on this Midfield event.

Mini rant over :D

17023.png

I have this one, Got him free from a friend. I dont know dudes..... This need 🤬 much practice and training.

I have the same wheel. This link has the button combinations to change your lock-to-lock rotation.

I actually now drive a car with paddle shifters (2010 Legacy). Since most of my driving is rush hour or in-town, I have never used them (just leave it on automatic). I have to keep my wife from inadvertently hitting them when she is driving since she has no idea how to listen to the engine to decide on a shift point. I suspect with all the practice that I get on GT6 that I could probably put them to good use. Unfortunately, the opportunity has never presented itself (open road & no fear of speed traps).

Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 by Ed_Night

I think @Ed_Night created this for the Eifel Flat event at the end of last year. 550pp of German engineering for an easy 1:12.8

Close to the M3 CSL and GTR
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...er-lap-eifel-flat.338088/page-2#post-11077262

Stuck on a 1:10.324 with the NSX. Trying different cars to see if that will help me once I jump back into the NSX.

Got me a 1:12.028 with the R8 after just a few laps. May play a bit with this tune, ride height, aero (running none to start) and differential settings to see if I can get a 1:11.500 or so with it. This was my favorite car in GT5, GT6 dynamics messed it up somewhat.

Stuck on a 1:10.324 with the NSX. Trying different cars to see if that will help me once I jump back into the NSX.

Got me a 1:12.028 with the R8 after just a few laps. May play a bit with this tune, ride height, aero (running none to start) and differential settings to see if I can get a 1:11.500 or so with it. This was my favorite car in GT5, GT6 dynamics messed it up somewhat.
Also stuck (70.9 with NSX), been using R8, M3 GTR and Zonda C12 as alternatives.
Zonda at 72.0, M3 GTR at 72.3 and R8 at 72.8.
GTR seemed easier to go quickly in, it just needs a tune (and a driver perhaps lol)
👍

1:11.137 with the TK ZZII. :D I'm sure it can get into the 10's too, but I keep buggering the laps at the hairpin when I am up on my ghost, the car does like to push a bit on the exits. :irked:

Last edited:
Back