• 207 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
550PP Race Car Super Lap: Côte d'Azur

TT#51 - 550PP Race Car Super Lap @ Côte d'Azur.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#51] - 550PP Race Car Super Lap @ Côte d'Azur.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting. If you do not comply, they will not be put in this list.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Did this one too at a time of 1.35.4xx. This one was pretty hard and i can post a tune but i believe there is def room for improvement over mine.

2J is faster but I used the TS030 because I didn't have enough credits for one and I already had the Toyota in my garage.
Haven't started tuning yet, but agreed. Put in a 1:26.6xx in the 2j and there's still quite a bit of room left. Was low 27's in the ts030 before switching and there's room left there too. Hate the hairpin in the ts though. A lot.

Thought I'd get a quick lap or two in to see what this one's like - second lap got me into top 100 (soon dropped out), 6 seconds off P1 time though! Lots to make up here......

Shame it's a 2J event again (although Kossie will be pleased).

Thought I'd get a quick lap or two in to see what this one's like - second lap got me into top 100 (soon dropped out), 6 seconds off P1 time though! Lots to make up here......

Shame it's a 2J event again (although Kossie will be pleased).
Well, There are better tracks for the 2J. They better turn this one with the brand hatch. That's a good 2J track and i think Monaco is a nice track for the MP4/rocket.

lol this stupid event.

TS030 = 3rd
2D = 2nd
2J = 1st

I dont remember what tune but I just adjusted the power and weight so I was about 950kg for each and power to suit. Also you can drop the final drive down to 200km/h because the Monaco straight is so short.

I always hated the Chaps for the 3 spd auto gearbox but the thing is... when have you have no gears you spend less time shifting and more times setting up your car properly for each corner. I spend some corners just in 1st and not braking... just allowing the car to glide to the ripple strip.

20th with 2J 1:25.516

Early days and ways away from number one but here is my setup
Setup to 2J 70
Active stearing Strong and ABS1

Suspension:

65/53
10.41/15.83
1/2
2/1
2/5
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Brake balance
3/6

LSD:

GEARS: (started from an old setup so not sure about the initial final) Max speed to 220
1/1.350
2/1.035
3/0.817

Final Gear 5.380

Power
55.5% (dirty oil)
Downforce:
Balast 87 KG at 50%

550PP/346PS/908KG

Last edited:
Recommended 4wd racing car with 550PP? This one has Mitsubishi FTO LM Race Car written all over it!

And, "Never be afraid to negate your lap"...? A lap doesn't exist until it's completed by crossing the start/finish. And once a lap is completed in the super lap events, you can't delete or erase it. By "negate" do they mean start over before crossing the start/finish?

And, "Never be afraid to negate your lap"...? A lap doesn't exist until it's completed by crossing the start/finish. And once a lap is completed in the super lap events, you can't delete or erase it. By "negate" do they mean start over before crossing the start/finish?

I took it as "Don't be afraid to risk hitting the wall to get a faster time." Not sure what exactly they meant there either

Best I can do with Mitsubishi FTO LM Race Car is 1m30.880s. Praiano tune with short gears, power limited, standard turbo. Compare to my 1m27.478s using TS030. It's a full 3.5 seconds slower.

If PD want us to use a 4WD here, why didn't they restrict the drivetrain to 4WD? Surely a mistake because we know the 2J and TS030 are "superior at a fixed PP". (Eloquently put earlier in this topic.)

If PD want us to use a 4WD here, why didn't they restrict the drivetrain to 4WD? Surely a mistake because we know the 2J and TS030 are "superior at a fixed PP". (Eloquently put earlier in this topic.)

If I worked at PD, I would take note of the few cars that always win the seasonal TT s and structure the rules around them.

Every time a new seasonal comes out its TS 030 this and 2J that and 2X this and ZZ-II that. You can throw in the GSXR into that group as well. I am getting tired of it pretty much only being the goto cars on the podium. Set it up so that it forces a variety of choices, not just the same rehashed ringers.

i think about trying the Elise Race Car or even the Roadster RaceCar regarding all those narrow corners.
any suggestions ? what else might work here ?

Man, this one was easy. I used the 96 wide Elise, and my first terrible lap with bad tune got me the win by 2 seconds. I think the car can run a low 1:30, but it won't compete with the knuckleheads in the fast cars. Gt6 pp is broken, lol

The only hard part is they will void your lap for very little barrier contact. If you can keep off the boards this should be no problem. I detuned the fan car but still had the tranny long. I got gold without using third gear.

Back