550PP Race Car Super Lap: Côte d'Azur

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 207 comments
So, last night I bought a 2J to see what the hype was all about. With minimal tuning I ran a 1:29:911. This thing is super easy to drive. No wonder it's the goto car for TT use. I am done at brands hatch, but there is plenty of potential for improvement on this one.

Hi guys! I had not been playing for days cause of i did not have time... i tried today and yesterday.. hope i get 1 21 999 soon and the setup is the following

2j

65 55
7.74 16.00
1 2
1 2
6 6
0 0
-0.75 -0.90
7 9

gear box
4100final
220hm
4000final
1st 1650
2nd 1330
3rd 1094

lsd 5 13 5

50%

good luck all

Which setup u

You "use" setup from oooMaximumooo?

I use similar gearing to what Kossie has, my suspension is a little different.

65/55
8.05/16.75
2/7
10/3
3/7 sway bars
-10/.00 toe

Brakes
7/6

My LSD is
5/6/5

I run my weight distribution at 46/54 with the weight needed to meet the PP. my last laps it was 108 at position 30(from memory).

This car is crazy. The more steering I dial in, the faster it goes and the less I need the brakes.

If I go back in I'll stiffen the rear springs and go even softer on the front away bar...As long as the consistent handling doesn't go away I'd keep pushing it further. I'm shocked it hasn't gotten sketchy already. :)

I use similar gearing to what Kossie has, my suspension is a little different.

65/55
8.05/16.75
2/7
10/3
3/7 sway bars
-10/.00 toe

Brakes
7/6

I run my weight distribution at 46/54 with the weight needed to meet the PP. my last laps it was 108 at position 30(from memory).

This car is crazy. The more steering I dial in, the faster it goes and the less I need the brakes.

If I go back in I'll stiffen the rear springs and go even softer on the front away bar...As long as the consistent handling doesn't go away I'd keep pushing it further. I'm shocked it hasn't gotten sketchy already. :)
I try Kossie but oooMaximumooo works better for me. Now on 1.26.3xx with many mistakes.
Playing one day. We will se... ;)

If I worked at PD, I would take note of the few cars that always win the seasonal TT s and structure the rules around them.

Every time a new seasonal comes out its TS 030 this and 2J that and 2X this and ZZ-II that. You can throw in the GSXR into that group as well. I am getting tired of it pretty much only being the goto cars on the podium. Set it up so that it forces a variety of choices, not just the same rehashed ringers.
Tunes make the different here. Not for me(at gears and a controller with as strong) but there are some players... With at gears and a controller i am one off the best of the world.(top 50)

Next year i'm going to buy a wheel. I must train with it but i think on the longer time it helps me.

Quick 30 minute session with @Ilias setup and I'm .003 off the top 10 with a 1:22.729. If I learn the chicane, I can probably 22.3 since it's where I'm losing the majority of my time to the top spots.

Kossie, I used to have a wheel and was a little faster with it, but I got really sweaty and it felt like a work out. lol
Adds to the realism, detracts from the fun if you race for a couple hours sometimes.

But when GT7 comes out, I'll try another wheel setup and wear work out clothes. Haha

Fastest in Canada, fastest in the world, very happy to get Canada's first GT6 P1! Here's the exact WR setup below for you all. Shoutout to @Ilias for putting in super quick and consistent lap times at the end there! Luckily I kept my head up and had a solid session on the last day to get the top spot. Thanks everyone for your support, peace out!

Track - Monaco :gtplanet:

Active Steering: Off
TC: Off
ABS: 1

Lap Time: 1:21.726

Improved Body Rigidity: Installed

Suspension
65/56
7.74/18.00
5/4
5/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
-0.54/-1.00

Brake balance
10/10

LSD

GEARS
Max speed to 230kph
1/1.605
2/1.280
3/1.080

Final Gear 4.100

Power
53% (dirty oil)
343 HP
450 ft-lb

Downforce
Balast 84 KG at 48%
905kg
550PP

Fastest in Canada, fastest in the world, very happy to get Canada's first GT6 P1! Here's the exact WR setup below for you all. Shoutout to @Ilias for putting in super quick and consistent lap times at the end there! Luckily I kept my head up and had a solid session on the last day to get the top spot. Thanks everyone for your support, peace out!

Suspension
65/56
7.74/18.00
5/4
5/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
-0.54/-1.00

Brake balance
10/10

LSD

GEARS
Max speed to 230kph
1/1.605
2/1.280
3/1.080

Final Gear 4.100

Power
53% (dirty oil)
343 HP
450 ft-lb

Downforce
Balast 84 KG at 48%
905kg
550PP
Thanks for share. This gonna help me in the future 👍👍:bowdown:

Congratulations on the first place. Great time.:gtpflag:👍

Suspension
65/56
7.74/18.00
5/4
5/4
6/6
0.0/0.0
-0.54/-1.00

Brake balance
10/10

LSD

GEARS
Max speed to 230kph
1/1.605
2/1.280
3/1.080

Final Gear 4.100

Power
53% (dirty oil)
343 HP
450 ft-lb

Downforce
Balast 84 KG at 48%
905kg
550PP

Congrats man!!! As a fellow Canuck, it's about damn time we see our flag at the top of this hill instead of just Parliament Hill! :lol: Again, congratulations!!!

Cheers

Congratulations to @hotsaucer Great feat!

I did few laps last weekend and clocked 1:26:4xx but didnt find time to have a go again.

A question to rest of the guys, I tried same car, same setup in Time Trial Mode my first lap was 1:25:3xx Should there be a difference in behaviour of car in TT and Seasonal? 2J was very nice to drive in Trial than Seasonal.

Congratulations to @hotsaucer Great feat!

I did few laps last weekend and clocked 1:26:4xx but didnt find time to have a go again.

A question to rest of the guys, I tried same car, same setup in Time Trial Mode my first lap was 1:25:3xx Should there be a difference in behaviour of car in TT and Seasonal? 2J was very nice to drive in Trial than Seasonal.

Yes, it is. something With the track temperature.

I also notice that it is much more difficult in a tt. that is a fact. Some corners they put oil on the track or something :P

1. Canada. hotsauser ................. 1:21,726 ___ dirty oil
2. Greece . Ilias_Ana_94 .............1:21,865
3. Japan . Wolf_Aono ................ 1:21,876
4. Spain. polemaker1 ................ 1:22,172 ___dirty oil
5. Franse. TC-kilou45 ................ 1:22,415
6. Japan.Final-Stage12 ............. 1:22,449
7. Japan.Brond ...........................1:22,451 ___dirty oil
8. U.S.A TRL_doodle ................. 1:22,471
9. Sweden. elias_johansson ..... 1:22,632
10. Franse. TSR-Optimus ......... 1:22,696
THAT IS REALITY . BUT car is better with dirty oil because have better proportion kg/HP . ( I don not know how is it ) . Advantage for partaker that use . contest unegual . Conclusion: best lap time with dirty oil (advantage) 1:21,726 . Best lap time with not this advantage 1:21,865
Best in Greese , best in the World with not advantage Ilias_Ana_94
THAT IS EXACTLY REALITY .
Respect the other partaker.

Monaco Grand Prix is this weekend! I wanted to share this with you guys:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...6/5/f1-classic-onboard-senna-monaco-1990.html

Unbelievable lap. I get the chills watching it. Senna just destroys the circuit!!! No driver aids, 1000+ HP

FYI If you don't have cable you can stream the race off of a site like: http://www.usagoals.co/

One last thing, fastest lap in this seasonal:
without Active Steering 1:21.726 (hotsaucer)
with Active Steering 1:21.865 (Ilias)
need I say more? peace :)

One last thing, fastest lap in this seasonal:
without Active Steering 1:21.726 (hotsaucer)
with Active Steering 1:21.865 (Ilias)
need I say more? peace :)
If this is a response to @kostasj 's post, AS is barely any advantage here at all, 1-2 tenths at most. a dirty oil could be as much as 3-4 tenths advantage (I know this because I ran dirty oil in the Ferrari FXX at ascari and that was almost 6 tenths difference).
That said, everyone is free to wear down their oil, everyone is free to use AS, its the same for everyone. In the end you where the fastest, and that is what counts!

My oil ran dirty and it was a unique situation as it's never happened to me before. I was in the low 1:21.9's before my oil was dirty, so the theory of gaining 4 tenths from that time is nonsensical.
It's annoying that I put all this effort in and finally get p1, then get slammed as an 'advantage player'.. it's a joke. I acknowledged Ilias several times for his efforts but still it seems people just want to complain about something.
AS is an advantage in laptime, but it's also an advantage in the way of being able to put a lap together and hook up sectors. Also should mention my "advantage setup" has 450 ft. lb of torque compared to the standard 455. So actually have less net engine power than normal. There's so many ways to look at it, but in the end I just hate haters lol

Monaco Grand Prix is this weekend! I wanted to share this with you guys:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...6/5/f1-classic-onboard-senna-monaco-1990.html

Unbelievable lap. I get the chills watching it. Senna just destroys the circuit!!! No driver aids, 1000+ HP

Great stuff, thanks for sharing! I was there in 1990 :). Watching Senna sneaking in the chicane was stunning (I was sitting at the end of the tunnel). The best pilot ever in my opinion.

Edit: No driver aids, 1000+ HP and no paddles on the wheel :bowdown:

Last edited:
Great stuff, thanks for sharing! I was there in 1990 :). Watching Senna sneaking in the chicane was stunning (I was sitting at the end of the tunnel). The best pilot ever in my opinion.

Edit: No driver aids, 1000+ HP and no paddles on the wheel :bowdown:
Look how that car shocks :eek:

I hope Verstappen can get on the podium again.

Edit: 🤬🤬

Hope for rain tomorrow, Do the rain dance! :P

Edit: Sorry for the frustrating... Come on Ricci and win this race!!! About 2 weeks Max and Dniel have the same new motor. I think they can be world champion.

Last edited:
My oil ran dirty and it was a unique situation as it's never happened to me before. I was in the low 1:21.9's before my oil was dirty, so the theory of gaining 4 tenths from that time is nonsensical.
It's annoying that I put all this effort in and finally get p1, then get slammed as an 'advantage player'.. it's a joke. I acknowledged Ilias several times for his efforts but still it seems people just want to complain about something.
AS is an advantage in laptime, but it's also an advantage in the way of being able to put a lap together and hook up sectors. Also should mention my "advantage setup" has 450 ft. lb of torque compared to the standard 455. So actually have less net engine power than normal. There's so many ways to look at it, but in the end I just hate haters lol
I'm not criticising your efforts mate, on the contrary! You where the fastest, that is all that counts.
The only time I would criticise someones efforts is if they where cheating. But wearing the oil down is not cheating, it's fully within PD's regualtions. They where the one that implemeted the worn oil function.
I would have worn down the oil myself if I only had the time. But I only did about 2 hours on this combo. Never bothered to go for a serious attempt at a higher position. Even if I had put the effort in, and worn down my oil etc. I still dont think I would have beaten your lap.
Dont call me a hater when I'm really not hating. :cheers:

I'm not criticising your efforts mate, on the contrary! You where the fastest, that is all that counts.
The only time I would criticise someones efforts is if they where cheating. But wearing the oil down is not cheating, it's fully within PD's regualtions. They where the one that implemeted the worn oil function.
I would have worn down the oil myself if I only had the time. But I only did about 2 hours on this combo. Never bothered to go for a serious attempt at a higher position. Even if I had put the effort in, and worn down my oil etc. I still dont think I would have beaten your lap.
Dont call me a hater when I'm really not hating. :cheers:

Just to make it dirty won't take a lot of miles, getting the engine worn is much longer, unless using shortcut :) So, what matters then is the odometer/distance traveled by the car :) This has been used since GT5, when PP limited TT needs more HP than torque ( cars with more than 8000miles used )

I did gold this TT easily with Calibra touring car :D Still nostalgic driving it, the old Sega Touring Car :P

Just to make it dirty won't take a lot of miles, getting the engine worn is much longer, unless using shortcut :) So, what matters then is the odometer/distance traveled by the car :) This has been used since GT5, when PP limited TT needs more HP than torque ( cars with more than 8000miles used )

I did gold this TT easily with Calibra touring car :D Still nostalgic driving it, the old Sega Touring Car :P
engine oil: 5000km (5% powerloss)
engine short term wear: 15 300km (5% powerloss)
engine long term wear: 300 000km (5% powerloss)
getting those last few % from long term is too much, but 15k km is doable.
I dont have the exact numbers, but the 2J had about 360bhp IIRC, 10 % decrease in power is 36bhp, when adjusted to back to the same PP, you usually gert to keep one third of that, or to put it simply, 3-3,5% of the total power.
in this case, about 10-12bhp.
So, in this TT, a car that has worn down its oil and short term engine wear (15300km on hte odo) will have a 10bhp advantage. sure you loose a bit low end torque, and yes, the 3-speed gearbox means you need a wide powerband. But it is still a slight advantage.

Last day , last hour before finish-close
( Time Zone GMT+02:00 Athens ) : 1
1. Greece Ilias_Ana_94 ...... 1:21,865 .....18/5/2016 02:45 .....
2. Japan Wolf_Aono .......... 1:21,876 .....23/4/2016 10:19 ..... +0:00,011
3. Canada hotsauser ......... 1:21,978 ......18/5/2016 18:15 .... +0:00,113 ..... with car distanse run : 1262 km
After 18:49 ( 35 minutes ) hotsausers times laps with dirty oil :
18:50 with car distanse run : 5670km , ghost best lap 1:21,978 , time lap 1:21,873
19:05 with car distanse run : 5692km , ghost best lap 1:21,873 , time lap 1:21,840
19:59 with car distanse run : 5785km , ghost best lap 1:21,840 , time lap 1:21,726
=
*He use ghost best lap his previous best lap
*That all is best lap . All with dirty oil .
*Impossible 4408km in 35 minutes . After 18:15 chenge car .
*115km distanse in 1hour and 9 minutes .
*115km distanse WITH DIRTY OIL : 252ms better time lap

( collection repeatition )

Back