550PP Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Super Lap: Big Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 98 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
550PP Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Super Lap: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

TT#37 - 550PP Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Super Lap @ Big Willow.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#37] - 550PP Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Super Lap @ Big Willow.jpg

Tunes:

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Going to have to put more effort into this one with my finely tuned "Rattinator" Cobra. :) Plus, this is the track I finished 4th in in a past WRS event with a last sector time better than anyone else's. :D :crazy:

1:11.192 with a controller, I can maybe get into the 1:10s doing all of the turns right.
Not my favorite car named after a snake but it is fun to drive on this track.

f3hAWMfsn9feBX9nQ_0.jpg

Can fly in this one :-)
I only ran one lap, but I thought it was going to end up looking something like your photo. On turn 9 I turned in too early and went over the curbing with my front right tire and then it slammed the curb again when my car steered back onto the track. This all occurred in a split-second, obviously. My car got so unsettled and felt like it completely bounced! Fortunately, I didn't spin or roll the car and those meaty Racing Hard tires bit into the pavement and allowed me to collect my Gold time, but for just a second I thought my driver was going to the hospital... :lol:

After a few laps of fine tuning for this track, the "Rattinnator" currently sits in 35th place at 1'11.319. Still leaving roughly another half second out there but I'll be happy to break 1'10.000 and leave it at that.

EDIT: WOW!!!! Just got my goal plus some...a top 10 spot. :D 10th place at 1'10.724. The "Rattinnator" is flying tonight. :dopey: God I love this variation of Willow, suits my style to a tee. Oh yea, took my #1 spot back on my friends list too.....sorry @nowcontrol :P

EDIT: Oh snap, I'm such a dumbass. :dunce: Now wonder I made the top 10, these just came out yesterday. :dunce: I was thinking these had been out longer for some reason. :dunce: Here I am getting all excited over nothing. :lol: Oh well, expect to drop like a rock now once everyone starts putting in better efforts and the aliens put in their times. :indiff:

EDIT: For what its worth, picked up a touch more for 9th place, 1'10.696

Last edited:
Alright, pretty much done with this one for now, finishing with the aforementioned splits. I may have another go at this one before the final round of the Academy starts, we'll see. To my calculations, I have another .200 in me according to my best splits but that's about it for my mediocre skill set. May chase it down during the weekend, we'll see. Good luck everyone on this one, hope you all reach your goals. :cheers:

I did not understand why this problem. I did seasonal, but gave my tire as soft sports , and there , and made with hard race tire. what I do to fix this game error ? my id is CRT-DANIIEL,

I used this tune from @GhostRider65 as base.
i used suspension, gearbox and after some changes to downforce,LSD/Power it did a fine gold.

Thanks a lot dddsprayshop for having tested and appreciated the tune, i always propose a base so you can use it or improve it according to your driving style, this is what you did, it is a good team work !! :cheers: Cheers !! Thanks again !!

I did something terrible here. I'm not a tuner, but I have input so many tunes, and there are so many similarities that on this one I thought I'd just throw some random settings on this car and see what happened.

There, I admitted it.

1st lap was a 1:23, but the car felt fantastic. Interesting.
2nd lap was a 1:18, but wasn't redlining at the end of the straight, so I changed the FD (randomly)
3rd lap was an off.
4th lap was an off (I will never get that last corner right as long as I live)
5th lap was a 1:16.001. I kid you not
6th lap was a 1:14

I think I'll find a real tune and try this one some more, the car is pretty fantastic really, and I beginning to like this track (except for that last corner).

Thanks a lot dddsprayshop for having tested and appreciated the tune, i always propose a base so you can use it or improve it according to your driving style, this is what you did, it is a good team work !! :cheers: Cheers !! Thanks again !!
i noticed another tune from you but for the annivers Daytona car.
But anyway, it took me two laps, 1st lap got gold, and second lap got me in the 1:14.076.
so just two laps, car handles great.

This is what i did with your tune ( i think i adjusted final gear a bit.)

_ShelbyCobraDaytonaCoupe'64_Racecar_by_Ghostrider65_189.jpg

After a few laps of fine tuning for this track, the "Rattinnator" currently sits in 35th place at 1'11.319. Still leaving roughly another half second out there but I'll be happy to break 1'10.000 and leave it at that.

EDIT: WOW!!!! Just got my goal plus some...a top 10 spot. :D 10th place at 1'10.724. The "Rattinnator" is flying tonight. :dopey: God I love this variation of Willow, suits my style to a tee. Oh yea, took my #1 spot back on my friends list too.....sorry @nowcontrol :P

EDIT: Oh snap, I'm such a dumbass. :dunce: Now wonder I made the top 10, these just came out yesterday. :dunce: I was thinking these had been out longer for some reason. :dunce: Here I am getting all excited over nothing. :lol: Oh well, expect to drop like a rock now once everyone starts putting in better efforts and the aliens put in their times. :indiff:

EDIT: For what its worth, picked up a touch more for 9th place, 1'10.696
Hey Cargo! Mind posting the tune?

Back