580PP Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap: Special Stage Route 5

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 57 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
580PP Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap: Special Stage Route 5

TT#39 - 580PP Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap @ Special Stage Route 5.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#39] - 580PP Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap @ Special Stage Route 5.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the World Rankings yet, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that all the top drivers are either using the Tommy Kaira ZZII or NSX LM cars. :rolleyes: I'm on my way over to take a shot as soon as I finish this post. I will be shocked if its anything else. Does the Suzuki GSX-R/4 go up to 580PP? I don't think so...but I might be wrong.

EDIT: Wow...I was right! :sly: I used the Yoshiaki Ishida Ferrari 288 GTO '84 Wangan Midnight 600HP set-up from @Ridox2JZGTE Replica Garage for my Gold (barely! poor driving :grumpy:)...

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Instead of aiming for a quick time on this one, I went with a personal favorite that I always *wanted* to win an event with, despite it's relative lack of handling.

20150624_235401.jpg

It took some careful "tuning" and a bit of power, but after some practice it did all right.

The problem with this car is a lack of willingness to steer. You can tell it's glued to the road; and so, when you go and change the diff balance, and start messing with the suspension to give it rear biased handling, it kind of ruins the glued-on-the-road tightness that it has when stock. It was hard to find a good balance with this car. But hey, it's a Mine's skyline, and this is SS R5...to me that's a perfect combo :)

I used the ZZII as well, can't remember the time, gold first lap, decent second lap, then to bed lol. I'll come back and hammer this one after the Formula race.

Easy win for me with a GSX-R/4. Used the 450pp quick match setup available here on GTP but maxed out the power. Just don't hit any barriers and you'll gold this in no time.

I'd like to think it's my skills improving, but somehow I think something is different with the NSX-R LM Road Car. It's worlds apart from some months ago when I couldn't handle it at all, and now I'm finding it easy to drive. In any case, it has now become a favorite of mine. :dopey: Within a few minutes I ran a 1.20.3, then it took me one hour to lower that time by a "measly" second to 1:19.363 which currently lands me at 70th place. :D It'll be interesting to see where I end up when this TT ends.

edit: Uploaded new video.

Last edited:
I'd like to think it's my skills improving, but somehow I think something is different with the NSX-R LM Road Car. It's worlds apart from some months ago when I couldn't handle it at all, and now I'm finding it easy to drive. In any case, it has now become a favorite of mine. :dopey: Within a few minutes I ran a 1.20.3, then it took me one hour to lower that time by a "measly" second to 1:19.363 which currently lands me at 70th place. :D It'll be interesting to see where I end up when this TT ends.

Would like to see your gearbox set up, t_wilson, in fact your whole tune if possible.

Would like to see your gearbox set up, t_wilson, in fact your whole tune if possible.
Sure thing. I got the transmission settings from a Praiano tune a long while ago. I've read that it's good practice to tweak your setup for each track, but I can't be bothered that much so I just run the same tune everywhere. I hope shaunm80 doesn't mind me copying his template to post this tune.

NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

580PP
586 BHP
1,143 kgs
Weight Distribution 45:55

Sports Soft Tires

Change Oil (I think I did)

FC Sus
F/R
65/65
9.10/9.00
7/7
8/8
5/5
0.0/0.0
-0.10/-0.40

Racing Brake Kit
7/5

FC Transmission
Reset Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.735
2nd 2.849
3rd 2.301
4th 1.900
5th 1.593
6th 1.351
Set final gear to 3.730

FC LSD
8/12/15

Power
Set power limiter to 94.6%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3

Body
Downforce 350/600
Weight Reduction: Stage 3

edit: Here's Praiano's tune.

Last edited:
Instead of aiming for a quick time on this one, I went with a personal favorite that I always *wanted* to win an event with, despite it's relative lack of handling.

View attachment 396556

It took some careful "tuning" and a bit of power, but after some practice it did all right.

The problem with this car is a lack of willingness to steer. You can tell it's glued to the road; and so, when you go and change the diff balance, and start messing with the suspension to give it rear biased handling, it kind of ruins the glued-on-the-road tightness that it has when stock. It was hard to find a good balance with this car. But hey, it's a Mine's skyline, and this is SS R5...to me that's a perfect combo :)

I used this car, because I've always wanted to win an event with it to. After multiple laps in its 'stock' configuration the best I could pull was a mid 1:28. After some suspension tweaks I managed to get this down to 1:26 for the gold. It was great fun doing lap after lap slowly getting closer to the target time in this car :)

Forget that, awesome time with the X-BOW R. 👍
True. When I first saw his ghost in front of me in the early stages I thought he must have tuned a NSX like everyone else at the top of the leader board. Was keen to ask him to post his tune however was surprised to see he wasn't using the NSX at all.

I just did it in a stock Ferrari F430 on Sports Soft and no aids on, A lot more fun then using an easy to win car.
View attachment 397289
Awesome! I wish I thought of using my F430... Instead, I used the GTO '84 and achieved a 1:26.xxx similar to your time. I just can't use the ringer cars anymore. I'm not the best driver, but when using one of the ringer cars, even I will usually beat the Gold time easily on one lap attempt.

I just did it in a stock Ferrari F430 on Sports Soft and no aids on, A lot more fun then using an easy to win car.
View attachment 397289

I just can't use the ringer cars anymore. I'm not the best driver, but when using one of the ringer cars, even I will usually beat the Gold time easily on one lap attempt.
It might not be the same for you guys, but for me getting the gold trophy is meaningless. The exciting part of the TTs is the online competition, trying to climb as high as you can on the leaderboards. The only way to improve your skills is by competing with guys who are faster than you, and the "ringer" cars are the best way to do it.

Unfortunately interest in GT6 has fallen off a cliff. A year ago placing within the top 1k was very rare and a huge deal for me, yet now I've finished in the top 300s. I had quite a few guys in my friend's list that were much faster than me who stopped playing long ago. I imagine the same has happened with many other people.

Last edited:
Another gem for this circuit is Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07

SEZRUaxNRqEfVEEsA_0.jpg

Built it 'up' to the 580pp, Installed custom transmission and suspension, ran it at its minimum weight and did a 1m22.2. Does everything almost easily.

A good tune would make it an eye opener
:gtpflag:

Try a Ferrari 599. This car quite heavy although lightened, makes it a little understeer when going down hill corners. Maybe my tune :crazy:. Just 1:25. If got a tune that can easily lap 1:24 should be :cheers:. Anyone got better tune ?

Back