580PP Stars & Stripes Grand Championship Event

United States
Dearborn, MI
MotorCtyHamilton
A-Spec Event Race
580PP Stars & Stripes:
Period of Availability: 2013/06/19 23:00 -

This is an expert level race event for high power American super sportscars. Cars can be tuned up to 580PP and tires are limited to Sports/Hard or less. A "Performance Point Bonus" is awarded for cars participating with a low PP. For example, winning with a 540PP car in this race will roughly double the reward.

High Speed Ring Reverse / 5 Laps - 1st: Cr.288,000 2nd: Cr.158,400 3rd: Cr.115,200
Daytona Road Course / 5 Laps - 1st: Cr.280,000 2nd: Cr.154,000 3rd: Cr.112,000
Grand Valley Speedway Reverse / 5 Laps - 1st: Cr.290,000 2nd: Cr.159,500 3rd: Cr.116,000
Special Stage Route 5 / 5 Laps - 1st: Cr.285,000 2nd: Cr.156,750 3rd: Cr.114,000
Toscana (Tarmac) 106A / 5 Laps - 1st: Cr.300,000 2nd: Cr.165,000 3rd: Cr.120,000

Sports Hard Tires
Max PP 580
SRF forced on

Typical Opponents:
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Viper SRT10 ACR '08
Ford GT '06
S7 '02
Viper SRT10 '03
Ford GT '02
Viper GTS R Concept '00
Ford GT '05
Ford GT (No Stripe) '05
Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
Camaro SS '10
Challenger SRT8 '08
Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
Viper GTS '02

The GTPlanet tuning community is going to try something new. FITT is hosting a tuning competition to fit the regulations of this seasonal event. All tunes are due by this Sunday, June 23rd. We will post a voting thread and link here. Please vote for your favorite tune for this seasonal.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8550678#post8550678

Tuner Challenge Poll now open - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8600384#post8600384

Last edited:
I knew it, it was going to be Star & Stripes events race. :)

Dream Car Championship is likely to be the seasonal two weeks from now. You can still play the old one (without SRF) until then. The old Stars and Stripes was available up to today (without SRF) but has now been taken down.

I just really hope Online A-Spec challenge #4 gets taken down. I use that 650 PP race to earn cash and XP (yes, more efficient ways to do that, but this is more fun) as well as tune my supercars/racecars.

Dream Car Championship is likely to be the seasonal two weeks from now. You can still play the old one (without SRF) until then. The old Stars and Stripes was available up to today (without SRF) but has now been taken down.

Yes I know thanks for heads up. I will get the level 22 ticket tomorrow.

Shelby super charged at 530 , fun to drive. Shouldnt be much of a prob to go lower. My 6th 2D :-(

Have only been doing the TT's lately but needed an excuse to leave the London track.

Anyway started with the Corvette ZR1 (C6) 09 and won a few races then changed to the G37, which was much easier to drive.

Won them all of course quite easily, especially enjoyed Toscana Tarmac 106A, the last race.
Reminded me of the Lambo races there, there were even cars spinning out after the first r/hander. And cars spun out at SSR5 too.

All good fun and I'm sure many people will enjoy them.

I won another 2D race car for my efforts, not sure if everyone gets that or not.

Perhaps Cargo will relax his stance on SRF and see how low he can go at Toscana, I'm going to have a try at a lower PP next time I fire up the PS.

Did this using the 2j as I wanted to just race through it and get the 2d.

50% engine power was more than enough to win easily.

From what I could tell the Ford GT 05 (no stripe) was the rabbit as it finished second in all my races and by some distance too.

I've tried each of these races a few times to try and get some information that might be useful to those who need it.
I'm not going to repeat what Hami said so I'll just list them as races 1-5.

Race #1
Attempt 1
Lead car = Viper SRT10 ACR '08
Winning car (or the second place car depending on how you do!) = Ford GT '05
Average lap time needed to win = 1:12.000
Attempt 2
Lead Car = Ford GT (No Stripe) '05
Winning car = Ford GT (No Stripe) '05
Average lap time needed = 1:11.000
Tip: AI cars will take the inside line on turns, don't be shy about passing them on the outside. With SRF forced on, you will have tons of grip to get the job done. Careful of hitting any cars especially on HST's (high speed turns) you'll be the one to suffer, not the concrete AI cars.

Race #2
Attempt 1
Average lap time needed = 1:56.000
Attempt 2
Lead car = Ford GT (No Stripe) '05
Average lap time needed = 1:55.000
Tip: If in trouble you can always use the shortcut through the chicane on the back straightaway. This can also be used if you would prefer to lower your Performance Points for more winnings.

Race #3
Attempt 1
Winning car = Ford GT '05
Average lap time needed = 2:05.000
Attempt 2
Lead car = Ford GT '05
Average lap time needed = 2:04.000
Tip: If your race doesn't have the Ford GT starting first, it soon will be in the lead and more difficult to catch on this track.

Race #4
Attempt 1
Average lap time needed = 1:33.000
Attempt 2

Race #5
Attempt 1
Lead car = Viper SRT 10 ACR '08
Average lap time needed = 1:44.000
Attempt 2
Lead car = Ford GT '05
Average lap time needed = 1:43.000
Tip: Like Dalone already mentioned on this thread, be careful when around other cars on the first turn. Half the time they will swing wide and catch some of the sand. Try staying to the inside if possible, sit back, and enjoy watching them wreck. Might also pay to put driving line on, even if you know the track, by lap 5 it's pitch dark and the driving line will aid you in knowing where to go. Don't be distracted by the fireworks either!:)

It seems that the Ford GT '05 is the AI car of choice to win in this seasonal. The closer they are to the front at the start of the race, the harder they are to catch. Although the Ford GT has great acceleration and a decent ride up through the gears, you can gain the most time on hard braking turns, they seem to struggle.

Last edited:
Nice recap lionheart.

The PP system is so awful. If you build a few American cars to 580pp and compare the power to weight ratio, the Ford GT no strip looks to be the worst car by specs. The 1990 Corvette ZR1 specs look fantastic. Drive the two cars and... just dumb. So build your car and pick the one with the worst power to weight ratio and you will be fast.

SRF forced on

There better not be any forced SRF events in GT6. I am so disgusted by this that I stopped buying dlc for GT5 and I will not be pre-ordering GT6.

People like to whine about standard cars, but forced SRF is a real game killer.

The AI sure don't know how to drive Vipers! If I start in the lead I will never let a Ford GT pass me without a fight. If AI drivers could think (not artificially) all not in GTs would be thinking "$#!^ the ******* GTs are hacked!"

The PP system is so awful. If you build a few American cars to 580pp and compare the power to weight ratio, the Ford GT no strip looks to be the worst car by specs. The 1990 Corvette ZR1 specs look fantastic. Drive the two cars and... just dumb. So build your car and pick the one with the worst power to weight ratio and you will be fast.

I agree. That's why I stopped doing those sheets on power/weight ratio. Doing the transmission tests I stubbled upon Torque(Kgfm) with different RPM's and all the different variations a certain car can have at a particular PP. Sent them to a 1 mile drag test (stock transmission) and found the best...but as you might have guessed, what was best for the drag test was not the best for track day. I'm still sorting it out hopefully for GT6.

I've tried each of these races a few times to try and get some information that might be useful to those who need it.
I'm not going to repeat what Hami said so I'll just list them as races 1-5.

Race #1
Attempt 1
Winning car (or the second place car depending on how you do!) = Ford GT '05
Average lap time needed to win = 1:12.000
Attempt 2
Average lap time needed = 1:11.000
Tip: AI cars will take the inside line on turns, don't be shy about passing them on the outside. With SRF forced on, you will have tons of grip to get the job done. Careful of hitting any cars especially on HST's (high speed turns) you'll be the one to suffer, not the concrete AI cars.

Race #2
Attempt 1
Average lap time needed = 1:56.000
Attempt 2
Lead car = Ford GT (No Stripe) '05
Average lap time needed = 1:55.000
Tip: If in trouble you can always use the shortcut through the chicane on the back straightaway. This can also be used if you would prefer to lower your Performance Points for more winnings.

Race #3
Attempt 1
Average lap time needed = 2:05.000
Attempt 2
Lead car = Ford GT '05
Average lap time needed = 2:04.000
Tip: If your race doesn't have the Ford GT starting first, it soon will be in the lead and more difficult to catch on this track.

Race #4
Attempt 1
Attempt 2

Race #5
Attempt 1
Lead car = Viper SRT 10 ACR '08
Average lap time needed = 1:44.000
Attempt 2
Lead car = Ford GT '05
Average lap time needed = 1:43.000
Tip: Like someone already mentioned on this thread, be careful when around other cars on the first turn. Half the time they will swing wide and catch some of the sand. Try staying to the inside if possible, sit back, and enjoy watching them wreck. Might also pay to put driving line on, even if you know the track, by lap 5 it's pitch dark and the driving line will aid you in knowing where to go. Don't be distracted by the fireworks either!:)

It seems that the Ford GT '05 is the AI car of choice to win in this seasonal. The closer they are to the front at the start of the race, the harder they are to catch. Although the Ford GT has great acceleration and a decent ride up through the gears, you can gain the most time on hard braking turns, they seem to struggle.

Very nice recap lionheart.
Maybe you should do this more often to help those who seem to struggle with the seasonals 👍

Did this using the 2j as I wanted to just race through it and get the 2d.

50% engine power was more than enough to win easily.

From what I could tell the Ford GT 05 (no stripe) was the rabbit as it finished second in all my races and by some distance too.

Yeah. I added all the ballast and reduced the HP to 50% and still won super easy. You would think that a 3 speed with 1/3 the HP of the competition would make it interesting. I guess not.

Yeah. I added all the ballast and reduced the HP to 50% and still won super easy. You would think that a 3 speed with 1/3 the HP of the competition would make it interesting. I guess not.

Sure. That makes sense. Take the most ridiculous purpose built race car with over inflated aero numbers in GT5 and race it against street versions. Then, complain that it wasn't much of a challenge.

I am using a NASCAR on High Speed Ring in reverse and easily won. They didn't stand a chance against a NASCAR and my A. I. opponents were using Ford GT's to Dodge Viper's. 👍

I used the Ford GT (No Stripe) '05 on these @ 560pp, had to shorten the gear ratio a bit for Toscana (3.000 on Final Gear), won them all with between 5-15 secs lead.

Dropped the power level to 65% and tried HSR, could only manage 3rd (so far), 1.8 secs behind the two other GT's.

Nice tune for those who are struggling.

Was able to take the lead on lap 3 for all races with this. 👍

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
580pp
622hp
1557kg
SH tires
49/51 weight

PARTS:
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Wing from GT auto

SUSPENSION:
Ride Height- 0/0
Spring Rate- 14.3/16.4
Extension- 6/8
Compression- 4/6
Anti Roll Bar- 2/6
Camber- 2.5/2.2
Toe- -0.08/0.12

LSD:
Torque- 5
Acceleration- 18
Braking- 5

AERODYNAMICS:
Front- 0
Rear- 20

BRAKE BALANCE:
Front- 5
Rear- 8

BALLAST:
Amount- 200
Position- 0

POWER LIMITER:
92.7% (use to match 580pp)

TRANSMISSION:
Top Speed- 340kph/211mph
1- 2.687
2- 1.961
3- 1.495
4- 1.178
5- 0.960
6- 0.809
Final- 3.420

5 very easy wins with 2J chaparral...leader after 1-1/2 lap in all races
thanks a lot to Shoe67 for another one best tuning... Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09

If anyone has any other cars they wish to see tuned, I will build them for a small trade of museum cards 👍

Shoe67
If anyone has any other cars they wish to see tuned, I will build them for a small trade of museum cards 👍

If you need museum cars, send me a FR and I'll give you as many as I can per day 👍

How about a Ford RS200?

Send an FR to xR3acTiiioNzZ-X i'll give you all my museum cards!!!

Back