580PP Stars & Stripes Grand Championship Event

Done for the night.....486 pp 351 bhp , 8:44.531 , gt at 8:44 .676 passed at last turn, was just able to hit his back right side and nudge ahead. Best lap 1:42.507 ...1st lap 1:49.1xx . 2.010.000 cr 197650ex...I think. Was so used to down shifting 2 gears on many turns from higher hp...now just doing 1 gear and not losing so much speed in turns.
Wow and my reward a 1000 gift car ticket! nice surprise

I'm sure I can't beat that PP Noway.

Tried a dozen or so times at 485 PP, which only gives me 335hp, and never got below a 1:45 lap.

Reckon that's it for me with this one, no way can I beat 486PP.

Congratulations.

By the way, did you find a better contender amongst the tuned cars?

I used the Viper SRT10 Coupe '10 and won all without issue...besides have to restart Grand Valley. Spun out while trying to catch the GT and it was over for me.

I used the C7 Final Prototype completely stock. Fun to drive and I was able to win all except Grand Valley with it. Used the Ford GT '06 stock then, which was a little overkill, but I just wanted to get it done.

I used the C7 Final Prototype completely stock. Fun to drive and I was able to win all except Grand Valley with it. Used the Ford GT '06 stock then, which was a little overkill, but I just wanted to get it done.

Is this un-tuned C7? coz i think you cannot tune this car?

I did this event with Corvette C7 Stingray (without the masks). Fully stock, and earned more than double credits and about 112k xp per race. It was a challenge on Daytona first two times, and on Toscana, but nothing you cant win.

whats funny is that you can use the AEM S2000 in this series since it is a USA tuned Japanese car.

I used the Viper SRT10 Coupe '10 and won all without issue...besides have to restart Grand Valley. Spun out while trying to catch the GT and it was over for me.

Hey man, where did you find a 2010 Viper SRT10 Coupe? I have the '03, '06 & '08. Just not seen a 2010 model on here yet. Must have slipped by unnoticed lol

Is this un-tuned C7? coz i think you cannot tune this car?

I did this event with Corvette C7 Stingray (without the masks). Fully stock, and earned more than double credits and about 112k xp per race. It was a challenge on Daytona first two times, and on Toscana, but nothing you cant win.

Yes, that "C7 Final Prototype". And you're right, it can't be tuned. Grand Valley seemed impossible with it though. Even with a good race I ended up about 5 seconds behind some Ford GT rabbit, and I didn't see where I would have gotten at least 1 second per lap to catch it...

Well, that is interesting, as I didnt have any problems with GVS, but when I think again, the only track on which I had to change the car was High Speed Ring, Ford GT was way too fast on straights for my C7, so I changed to Cobra 427 chrome line and beat the shoot out of Ford GT :) :)

I used a dead stock Saleen S7 (bb 8/5) for a total blow-out. Too easy. Had to redo it with a Viper ACR just for fun. Gave up on GV with that one.

So far, I have been using a Chapparal 2j with limited power, about 490 hp. It is slower than the original version, but it catches up to the competition quick and I have won every race so far.

I used the G37 with no performance upgrades, apart from fully adjustable transmission and fully adjustable suspension, and had really good fun completing this. The car starts off with about 540pp (If I remember correctly) and gradually creeps up a bit.
I can't think, offhand, of a seasonal that I've enjoyed more :)

That is because it has too much power to put to the ground :lol:

:lol:

That could be, but my Special, fully modded with stage 3 engine and weight reduction, all performance parts and an oil change currently specs out at 837 HP 790ft-lbs 1135 KG and 565 PP.

She doesn't get sideways much from full throttle and will hit 205 at the daytona road course.

Had some success with Shoe67's chevvy tune but just couldnt catch the no stripe rabbit at GVS - with its 1.58 lap time! Switched to a Camaro SS RM '10 sitting dead on the 580pp and caught the no stripe on lap 4 with my best lap of 2.02.623.
P.s. Thanks for the tune Shoe67, it was great for the other races. Love the RM'd version of the ZR1 '09. It was the car that changed my opinion of American cars.

Last edited:
I've been using my C12 @ 550 PP and winning comfortably.
That car is very nice to drive.

I do have some issues with the SRF though.
How excactly do all of you re-tune cars for SRF?

I've noticed the acc sensitivity on the LSD needs tightening up but what about suspension?
It pushes a lot in the fast sweepers.

It's very well balanced without SRF.

I've given these as shot in a Saleen. Running it stock on Comfort Softs with 75kg ballast(my weight) @0. No aids No ABS B/B 3/1 in cockpit cam. Using Comforts to make it more challenging and in an attempt to counter SRF's grip effects.

High Speed Ring and Daytona were cake walks. The Saleen has so much top end and nice grip at high speeds. Then Route 5. This became a challenge! The car likes to slide out and traction is tricky. I thought SRF would give me magic grip, ha...not on acceleration. Anyway, it took some careful throttle application and line adjusting but after many tries I took the No Stripe for a win.

GVR is tough. The Saleen doesn't like quick rotations and pushes hard on entry. Looks like I'll need SH's for a win or drop the ballast. 3rd so far on Comforts.

Edit: I was thinking the Comforts were causing the car to push on sweeps but maybe that's SRF? I've spun out several times on low speeds and was surprised at the grip loss.

Both Camaro SS RM '10 and Ford GT '06 were good for all five races (tuned up to 580PP). The Camaro SS RM is obtained by making racing modifications, in GT auto, with a Camaro SS '10.

Knew you could do it.

I think I changed the oil with this car but not sure.

I used to block the cars but don't now (except for the leader after I overtake him) as I questioned the benefit of it and am not sure it actually helps. I remember from GT3 I think it was that every deviation off a straight line costs speed and time and that the leader just continues on as normal regardless.

Of course every situation is different as they can be a hindrance later, as well as a help sometimes.

I'm pretty much with you on that.

Easily won all races with a C12, I would share my tune but I am without PS3 at the moment. Will share tune tonight for anypne who needs it

Im having massive trouble with the Route 5 and Grand Vally races. I just cant beat the GT in the lead. I have a GT, a G37 and a Viper GTS Concept but none of them can get past. I lose by about 6 seconds. Ive won the other ones ( on the High Speed Ring race i only won because i may have ACCIDENTLY hit the GT at, oh, around 150 mph on the last lap ;-) ) but im having huge issues and want the 2D. Any suggestions?

GeekOfAwesome
Im having massive trouble with the Route 5 and Grand Vally races. I just cant beat the GT in the lead. I have a GT, a G37 and a Viper GTS Concept but none of them can get past. I lose by about 6 seconds. Ive won the other ones ( on the High Speed Ring race i only won because i may have ACCIDENTLY hit the GT at, oh, around 150 mph on the last lap ;-) ) but im having huge issues and want the 2D. Any suggestions?

Just use the 2j at 50% engine power. Easy

Hey guys,
I am struggeling here. I have the first 3 now. 3rd was very lucky, becourse after 8 tries with 3 cars (ZR1, Ford Gt06, Viper ACR) I actualy managed it with the slowest of the three (the ACR) only becourse the Ford was stuck behind the leading ACR, so i could catch up and pass. After the Ford passed it gained 0,5 per lap on me but had a 4 second lead by that time.

However the SS5 and last route i can't get. I have no super special cars yet, so i could really need some help. The ZR1 and Ford GT 06 seem to be faster for me then the ACR. With the Ford being generaly a little faster then the ZR1 (around 1 sec per lap) but still i often end around 3-6 seconds behind at the finish line.

You guys have any good tips?

Edit: I think i found the solution. I added some weight to the Charger SRT 08 TC race car and just won Toscana with a 3,4 second lead. Going to try SS5 now :D

Edit-edit: I made it! What a fun little racecar that D2 is :D

Last edited:
Hi

What is the best way to win this? I've been Trying so hard to get a Chaparral 2D and now that this event gives me the chance I can't do it. What 580PP cars do you recommend? and What Setting? For Example Daytona, Toscana/Dirt,Etcera.

I want that 2D and I dont have the Several Million More I need to get it and its not there to buy.

Hi

What is the best way to win this? I've been Trying so hard to get a Chaparral 2D and now that this event gives me the chance I can't do it. What 580PP cars do you recommend? and What Setting? For Example Daytona, Toscana/Dirt,Etcera.

I want that 2D and I dont have the Several Million More I need to get it and its not there to buy.

Dayton and High Speed ring should be really easy. I don't remember Grand Valley being very difficult, having driven on the track many times.

Clubman is the hardest, you just have to practice, learn the lines and don't bounce off the walls.

On the last track it has a lot of friendly camber turns and the AI is rubbish on them so it is really easy.

I did the first 3 tracks in the ZR-1, then started struggling in Clubman so went with the Ford GT for the last 2 tracks. I found the ZR-1 was faster in the straights but the Ford GT was better in corners. As for tuning just tune to max pp and you should be okay. I used stock suspension and LSD settings. You might need to adjust the transmission to the max speed on the longest straight on each track.

Last edited:
Dayton and High Speed ring should be really easy. I don't remember Grand Valley being very difficult, having driven on the track many times.

Clubman is the hardest, you just have to practice, learn the lines and don't bounce off the walls.

On the last track it has a lot of friendly camber turns and the AI is rubbish on them so it is really easy.

I did the first 3 tracks in the ZR-1, then started struggling in Clubman so went with the Ford GT for the last 2 tracks. I found the ZR-1 was faster in the straights but the Ford GT was better in corners. As for tuning just tune to max pp and you should be okay. I used stock suspension and LSD settings. You might need to adjust the transmission to the max speed on the longest straight on each track.

Thanks I've beaten all. Except Grand Valley-Reverse. I Hate it. Im using the Ford GT Lm Spec II I won but can't seem to NOT Get 2nd in Grand Valley??
Can't catch the GT40 which is right there. I put it at 580 each time i retry So I can get the LM Spec II Ford GT(has wing,newer car 05/06 the white PS Car) but it won't let me i have tried the Viper ACR the ZR1(IM a CorvetteGuy.) But still won't budge I haven't even tried the Toscana Yet.

Any tips with Grand Valley?

Actually Just managed by a hair to slip by that Pesky GT40 (SILVER) the "No Stripe" GT .

any tips for The last Toscana? Not looking forward to it.:grumpy:

Back