580PP Stars & Stripes Grand Championship Event

Hey guys,
I've been using a Ford GT '05 (No Stripe), I started with the GT LM spec II but didn't win anything. Started using the '05 and won the Ring and Daytona, but finally gave up and used the 2J for the Grand Valley Reverse. Using the '05 again (with a controller, not a wheel) and the best I can get on Special Stage Route is 2nd place with an 8 second gap to catch him!

Other than using a 2J, what do I need to do to close that gap? I use praiano63's tunes, but I tweak the suspension to suit my style and the fact that I'm using a controller, I've been driving with the toe all the way out (actually won Ring and Daytona with the toe at 1.00 in the front and back) and then I read Motor City Hami's paragraph on toe angle and put the toe at -1.00 in the front and -.92 in the back and got within 8 seconds of the rabbit. I have my camber way way out past 5 too. I wonder what that tune would look like if I had a wheel.

I'm pretty sure your alignment settings are way too extreme. Even though you use a DS3 you don't need to go crazy with the settings like that. I've done that seasonal a couple times, but I'll need to see if I've done it on my current system. If I have I'll post my car/ setup

Thanks, but with regards to the alignment. I don't know if it's how I drive or what, but I've never negotiated a turn very well unless the toe was at least out as far as I have it. The camber I've never had out like this before (even when I won the ssr5 in another seasonal). It's the turns at either end that I have the most problem with, my car just keeps wanting to drift way out and hit the wall, but I figure that's where I lose the most time as I can only get up to around 85 mph going around the first turn and only like 70 something in the last turn.

I see you are using the 2J, so that explains the angles, but do you do that with cars like the GT, Viper, and Corvette as well?

Also, I tuned a 2000 Cobra R, but will make something else after I get done with something for the Monza TT

No, I'm using the Ford GT '05 now. I gave up on the GT and used the 2J on Grand Valley Reverse just to get it done, but that is (kind of) cheating I guess.

I keep telling myself 'if I don't win this time I'm using the 2J', but I keep trying new alignments and playing with the final gear in my transmission and keep trying.

I do have other cars, but my dream car is the GT, so until I can miraculously afford a real one, I drive a virtual one. :-). And yes that is how I have my GT tuned. I also won the super car festival with a Zonda with the toe tuned like that. That's when I bought my 2J and used it to win the Eifel.

Last edited:
Nice tune for those who are struggling.

Was able to take the lead on lap 3 for all races with this. 👍

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
580pp
622hp
1557kg
SH tires
49/51 weight

PARTS:
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Wing from GT auto

SUSPENSION:
Ride Height- 0/0
Spring Rate- 14.3/16.4
Extension- 6/8
Compression- 4/6
Anti Roll Bar- 2/6
Camber- 2.5/2.2
Toe- -0.08/0.12

LSD:
Torque- 5
Acceleration- 18
Braking- 5

AERODYNAMICS:
Front- 0
Rear- 20

BRAKE BALANCE:
Front- 5
Rear- 8

BALLAST:
Amount- 200
Position- 0

POWER LIMITER:
92.7% (use to match 580pp)

TRANSMISSION:
Top Speed- 340kph/211mph
1- 2.687
2- 1.961
3- 1.495
4- 1.178
5- 0.960
6- 0.809
Final- 3.420

Nice set up, I lowered the rear wing to get a bit of oversteer but the cars bob on, at Daytona I was taking the lead at the end of lap 2, it mullers the opposition.

Back