5th LED Sixaxis Mod

Max, it's 4v, but average 3.8 to 2.4 when the battery dies down. These are guesstimates, only.

Originally, the center LED only lights up under charging and when the battery is very low and needs charging. Also, when it's pressed.

did you see this based on how the layout of the controller is or was it just originally planned? , i seem to remember seeing early official pics of the sixaxis with the center button lit but apparently they decided to remove that for production, it would be nice if they had at least left the part in about lit when charging or when done charging... or how about red for charging and then red pulsating when charge is complete... still a very cool design for the controller though

also i see how someone could have misinterpreted what i said before, my friend modded his psp so the buttons along the bottom edge would light up, according to him the connection was already there and just needed an led and a resistor...

Or if this fails, just buy another controller....? :dopey: We obviously have enough money for PS3, clearly you have enough money for another controller :)

Maybe I don't know something you know, but you can only charge the controller through the PS3 when it's on.

Not entirely true. You can charge the Sixaxis from just about any USB connection. I routinely charge mine from my laptop. Only thing I haven't had luck with is using the iPod's USB charger. THAT would have been darned convenient. ;)

great post + Rep for you.

i wanna see someone mod rumble into them cause there is plenty of room.

I have an extra pair of the rumble motors, so I would be able to try that. Why I won't, though, is because there is no way for the system to communicate the rumble feature.

To be honest, though, I don't miss the rumble feature one bit. Mine broke after a year anyway.

I saw this mod on another forum and its really cool to put LED's under the buttons! ..... Its a pity Sony didnt go through with it but it shows that they were considering it by putting an LED 5 point on the PCB.....I would love to do the mod but I know nothing bout electronics and I wouldnt wana rip apart a sixaxis unless the battery went.

The ROL on the 360 controllers is something that I really like so the sixaxis ps button glowing would be great.

The contoller would be perfect if all the buttons where like the PSP/PS button ones... gloss black with crystal white lettering... then have all of them light up white, with just the square circle triangle etc..... differrent colours... it would look so tasteful and amazing!

Heres an idea to get the PS button to glow and not drain the battery asmuch... use EL blue plastic/paper..... so like a small piece with current sent through..... would that work?

My best low tech kinda stupid idea was to cut some glow paper (like those star stickers) and stick it under the button..... when the lights go out it should glow off the charge it retained..... no wires, no battery useage, no fuss.....

Tell me what you think! :sly: :)

thats pretty cool! say how well do you know about tampering with the ds3? might you know how to run a separate wire from the ds3?

thats pretty awesome looking. Although the Hit on Battery life does deter me from trying it myself. As flashy as it is, i mean your eyes are supposed to be on the t.v. screen anyways. :sly:

thats pretty awesome looking. Although the Hit on Battery life does deter me from trying it myself. As flashy as it is, i mean your eyes are supposed to be on the t.v. screen anyways. :sly:

The mod is meant so spectators quietly observing your finger movement speed are hypnotized by the glow. :D

Back