6/20/12 - A-Spec: 530PP 4WD Challenge

The 22b is by far the best of the 15 or so car's I tried at Sarthe this morning (DS3 d-pad).

If you have an IMPREZA Coupe 22B-STi Version '98 I recommend it. A general rule of thumb, if you'd simply rather win than try for the performance difference adjustment, is to take a look at the "Typical oppenents" and use the car at the top of that list or one near the top(or an easier way is to use the car always on pole). Usually, these tend to outperform the others. Sorry to be Captain Obvious. I just understand how tunnel vision can sort of ruin the fun sometimes. Isn't fun why we all play? :cheers:

EDIT Primer88 has had success with the 22B Impreza
I had success with:
Nissan GT-R Spec V '09 @530PP. A better driver could win with a lower PP.
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M.N.P II (R34) '99@530PP. A better driver could win with a lower PP

I was trying to make a car with a tune and that doesn't need to blast chicanes but the boost isn't as strong as online :(

I think Sarte is the way to go for credit.
I went with a tuned / detuned Audi S3 with 368 pp and finished at 4 seconds away when racing dirty. Won 800k for 2nd :)
Its only a matter of gearbox at this point.

I agree because it is just easier and takes less time. Back to trying more with the 22B 420p nets some serious money :) Hopefully I will get down to 400 by tonight.

That sums up why we're all here perfectly, with no nonsense :)

Ronald6
1: For Fun
2: To learn
3: Stress Relief
4: To meet like minded people

Top of my list.

Going to play with a GTR '07 tonight, easy win @ 500pp and SH tyres. Wonder how low it can go

Motor City Hami
I think there are a number of FITT tuners who would post 4wd tunes for this. Would you prefer that we post FITT tunes here or make our own thread just for tunes? Will the OP keep up a list of links to posted tunes?

Just some suggestions.
In RKM's garage, Roj has become a master at tuning 4wd Scoobies. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4235315#post4235315
Clueless tunes always brings something unique and fun to drive. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5665893#post5665893
Praiano is becoming legend around here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5239431#post5239431
CSLACR seems to make the podium in every tuner challenge. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5663333#post5663333

Thanks Hami, for the plug :cheers:. We have a few tunes over at Clueless that might work for this seasonal (some TT's, Evo'S, and two Mitsubishi Airtrek's :dopey: ). I'll will have to see what I can find this weekend 👍

Ronald6
1: For Fun
2: To learn
3: Stress Relief
4: To meet like minded people

Top of my list.

Couldn't have said it better my friend :cheers:

Multiple ID's bro. Endurance on 1, whatever you want on the other.

Yeah but I don't want multiple id's partially completed. If I want to run an endurance, I want it to go to my final % progress done on my main GT5 ID, not to just run the race for no reason.

No, big deal, it just sucks that you have to go back to the endurance race, and cannot do anything else in the meantime. It'd be cool to do these races for a break, then get back to the mind numbing endurance race.

BWX
Yeah but I don't want multiple id's partially completed. If I want to run an endurance, I want it to go to my final % progress done on my main GT5 ID, not to just run the race for no reason.

No, big deal, it just sucks that you have to go back to the endurance race, and cannot do anything else in the meantime. It'd be cool to do these races for a break, then get back to the mind numbing endurance race.

It only would work if you had 2 PS3s ;)

Finally won at Cape ring against the Impreza. I used a Nismo 400R with 517pp.
I'm not sure this is the best car, only I made a search in my garage and this car seemed to me pretty cool XD.

For Sarthe race used a stock Audi RS6...easy win

I did CR with the STi Spec C '04. Full weight reduction, power turned down to 480PP. Stock suspension, drivetrain, and tranny.

I don't remember what the fastest AI car was. I took the lead about halfway through lap 2. I don't know what the margin was because I didn't wait until the second place car finished.

I plan to turn down the PP alot more.

I used RUF CTR2 for fun. I drifting and racing same time around Laguna Seca.... Wow, that was AWESOME!

My 22B at 215pp is now pushing 378lb-ft :) as soon as the PSN comes ack online I will see how much money this makes and continues the PP downward Spiral.

530pp 4wd seasonal AI Pace

Laguna Seca - 5 Laps
8m26s - Spec C
8m42s - MNP2
8m51s - R33V
8m46s - 22B

8m27s - SpecC
8m40s - TypeR
8m52s - R33V
8m47s - 22B

LeMans2009 - 2 Laps

9m25s - SpecC
9m30s - Evo9
9m31s - MNP2
9m40s - Evo6

9m26s - SpecC
9m33s - Evo9
9m37s - MNP2
9m45s - B4 Blitzen
9m46s - Evo6

GVS - 5 Laps

11m11s - SpecC
11m24s - typeR
11m29s - R32V2
11m34s - R33V
11m36s - Evo6TMSCP

Tosca 104B - 7 Laps

9m03s - SpecC
9m13s - typeR
9m16s - R32V2

9m00s - SpecC
9m12s - typeR
9m15s - R32V2

9m01s - SpecC
9m12s - typeR
9m15s - R32V2

9m02s - SpecC
9m13s - typeR
9m16s - R32V2

9m03s - SpecC
9m15s - typeR
9m19s - R32V2

---------

SpecC, TypeR and 22B are all Subaru Impreza -
R32 is a Skyline - MNP2 - is the purple skyline... The AI doesn't swap places much but the Evo6 (Tommi Makinen car - goes backwards most off the time.

Just fooled about on this one so far. Usually I Limbo race dropping PP with junk in thee truck and Powerestrictor plates... but The mushed up engine isn't worth it... so I went the Tyre route... took an Audi R8 4.2 (First car I liked in my garage - not used it in an age - What a naff car horn!)

And ran it on harder tyres after each race.

100miles on the clock - 429bhp/1560kg - 521pp SH tyres
1m14.2 - 8m56.9
1m13.5 - 8m48.6
dropped ot CS tyres
1m14.7 - 8m53.2
CM tyres
1m16.0 - 9m02.3

CH tyres
1m18.4 - 9m15.5

Only got 3rd place in this race - some 12 seconds off the leader (SpecC Impreza)

The Toscana track is way too wide... or so I thought on SH and CS tyres, but on CH tyres I was using every inch of the track to try and keep the speed going.

Word of warning the track edge nips in near the pit lane entrance... it is a force field type thing - where you can get away with a wheel on the dirt... this force field thing will crunch your car with a nasty heavy impact.
The track edge funnels - I guess ot protect the pit lane entry on the right side of the track but it is mirrors on the left... which is very clsoe to the optimal line out of the final corner.

On the upside my R8 4.2 now has an extra 3hp now.

money grinding = aspec event 4 650pp challenge, 1 mil credits every 6mins 30 secs!

Money Grinding = Prius on Cape Ring 430pp FF, detuned to 280 pp, 2 million every 10 minutes, saves you 2 minutes ;]

Ram Hemi Quad Cam time!!! Oh dear. Stock shows for me at 405 PP. Anyone going to try this beast?

Tuned up to 450PP, 4 seconds slow at the Cape Ring for me. I'm sure with a good driver it can win. I won a lot of money and had some fun trying though.

I detuned a ZZ II for this event. (For the win.) I was first at Sarthe after driving through the first sand trap. I used a Praiano tuned car.

I will lower the PP another day for the cash.

Grabbed a win driving very dirty with the Atenza Touring Car at 410PP at LeMans

Edit: got down to 407PP for 1.4 mil credits

Last edited:
Done it with a premium evo, x I think, after trying in a almost stock Audi TTs for no better than second on Laguna seca. Went through it all with the same car then. Will continue trying different rides.
Got to be level 40 just before the differential pp mod... that's life for you

A 500pp Ruf CTR2 ''96, (Porsche-ized) was great for me in the final four races. Laguna Seca still a problem silver but the Ruf is amazingly nice to drive and earns double points. I don't like to detuned cars normally but since the Ruf is a hot rod it can be brought back.

My favourite car for this so far, has been the RS200. Wins every event easily with 470pp. My next favourite is the Gallardo. Nice topline speed for la Sarthe, but it struggles with anything less than 450pp or so (although I bet it could still win with heavy corner cutting; I don't play that way, myself)

I lowered the PP of my 04 Spec C to 430 and couldn't catch the 05 Spec C at CR. Definitely fast enough to beat any other AI car. I bumped it up to 440PP and won by 2 seconds. The purse was a bit over a million.

My Mitsubishi monsters will be pleased with these events since the PP aren't that low :)

Will try these tomorrow! :D

The RS200 @ 430pp wins LaSarthe with .4 seconds to spare, probably more if I was a better driver. This was with a lot of corner and chicane cutting though, your results may vary. Also I'd like to introduce myself, I'm new to posting but have been following the forum ever since GT5 release week. So,, Hi!

I used the Mazdaspeed atenza 05 or ( mps ) with 478 pp . It was great smashing the evos & scoobys . Lol .

I must be missing something, I wanted to use this car but its listing the drivetrain as ''--" and won't let me enter saying its not 4wd :nervous:

Back