6/6/12 - A-spec: 500PP FR Challenge

Had another fun run at Mt Aso-

Used my used car lot Griffith at (well under 500pp) - Fitte din Praianos 550pp tune but only added a LSD, Gearbox and Suspension - none of the adde dlightness and wafer thin clutch plates.

This got me an easy win. 8m12 race 1m07.9 fastest lap
(the Series 1 pulled a 8m38 race time)

I then dropped the pp to 430 (restrictor plate)
This got a defeat to the Shelby, but mostly down to me not driving well... if you muff that first corner forever will it dominate you lap time as the engine puffs and wheazes up that hill.

8m48.2 1m13.0 2nd

I then spent some cash - and returned but got the softer Beemer M3 grid.

M3 - (8m48 - 8m50 Race)
Grand Sport - (8m56 - 8m58 race)
Z4 - (9m07 - 9m08 race)

I pulled 8m34.8race 1m12.0 FL

Then dropped to 404pp - full ballast and 50% power (176bhp/1260kg)

I got a - quite easy win.

(8m48.5 race 1m14.5 FL)

Quite enjoy Limbo racing as it forces you to really focus and getting those lines smooth and perfect. A return to a full fat car and it would seem far too easy. - Except those jumps and bumps.

Omg, I feel like the biggest douche right now. I've been really strugling with these events, best I got for cape ring was 3rd
Then it hit me .... I thought the tyre limit was Comfort mediums not sports :D

Yep. I struggled for two laps thinking how bad I got after missing a day of driving until I jumped out and checked the settings and saw I was on the harder tires.

I had a low mileage Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03 pop up in the used dealer. From the UCD it's rated 508 with dirty oil. Lowered the down force in the rear to 5 and then adjusted the chip (turned the engine down until it reached 500PP) and took it for a spin. I must admit I've never been a fan of the milddle age Fairlady/Z's (this one being newer of course), but this thing is a blast. Nice revs, excellent grip, a bit of a gurgle instead of the usual high pitch wine and against what I would have thought, it almost begs to be thrown around versus the usual steady in and steady out.

It'll beat the Shelby by 10-15 seconds depending on the course. The car can easily be dropped in PP and raced for more money. Plus for a standard the inside is nice enough to drive from the cab view.

Nailed it today with the Lexus LFA '10. Mt Aso done with PP at 460 and still won by large margin against the Crossfire which was lead car. I'm not the best driver and even with couple of poor corners managed comfortable lead by 4th lap so some of u better drivers could probably crank the tuning right down and win with good performance difference

Borrowed from the GT5 Memes thread as posted by Ryk:

3pp907.jpg

:lol:

NOT TRUE - Nismo LeMans Road going is not true

On that thread I placed "THIS IS BIG LIE" above and beneath it.

(Would be fun if it were true) - what would you get if you could get a 000pp car to win? - Professor Calculus please?)

al.
I can may a Mt Aso course, but is there a way to make this one (104A) specifically?
My ones have very similar turn 1's, but them lack the flow of 104A

Idk you might have to find out

al.
I can may a Mt Aso course, but is there a way to make this one (104A) specifically?
My ones have very similar turn 1's, but them lack the flow of 104A

No. Unfortunately that's one of their courses and is not available except in certain seasonals.

Used the Series 1 on Mt. Aso at 420pp and it won easily. It could win at 400 probably but I ran out time to try. All I did was do the drivetrain mods and tune the suspension. The series 1 is a total monster. Someone who is an actual good driver and is lucky enough to get the softer m3 line up could probably win at 360.

Last edited:
YES

Managed to win in a 400pp TVR Griffith with only LSD and Suspension tunes (And a trunk o junk in the boot and a 50% power restrictor.

Had loads of Shelby events, btu couldn't get clsoe to beating it. I thn egot a lucky grid - M3 - and the win was mine even though I badly messed a corner. (The first corner, and with a 170bhp TVR it crawls up the hill like a fat kid with a smoking habit... cough splutter cough.

Still need to improve to get the real win, beating the Shelby - It runs 8m41s most times, I've ran...
Best lap - Race time
1m13.8 - 8m45.3
1m14.1 - 8m46.7
1m14.4 - 8m49.2
1m14.5 - 8m49
1m14.5 - 8m47.2
1m13.9 - 8m51 race and the win

Despite the win, which now I think about it was a pretty shabby drive. it will be tough to beat the Shelby here. But I am getting to grips with the first corner, puling first sector splits of 17.2 or so. but if you muff it up then you can get 18 second splits and thenn the next split will be even worse.

Slightly vexed as I'd like to try a Stratos here... but you can't!

400pp here gets well over a million, but The Griffith detuned is odd to drive. I virtually live at low revs in 5th gear - no point in high revs as the torque isn't there

Beat this event pretty easily yesterday with a 330hp TVR Tamora at 494PP.

I struggled heavily at Autumn Ring and had to restart it several times. I seemed to catch the Shelby at 5 seconds per lap, but the initial gap seemed higher than 25 seconds although I'm not sure. It's possible I lost some time with overtaking, but eventually I won by 2 seconds.

High Speed Ring and Mt Aso were just too easy. I might return and redo it with something a lot slower. At Mt Aso I faced an RX7 instead of the Shelby, and I won by such a large margin that I almost lapped the last 3-4 cars.

I used an S2000 w/ 490 PP & took everything easily.... :sly:

Well, Aso's a CRAZY track that I'd never seen before, :crazy: but I grew to love it! 👍

The Cape track was new to me, also, but I got it pretty easily...

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum) So why can't my L-28 Bob make a pass, or handle the chicane on this track in a maxed-out 400PP ANYTHING?!?! :irked: 🤬 :banghead:

PD needs to stop with these ludicrous course maker tracks, they are extremely unrealistic, too much bank, too many crappy blind turns and are just boring in a tedious way.

Im not saying they shouldnt include Course Maker tracks as part of Aspec challenges, just make them more "real" and fun, everytime i see them i cringe cuz i know its going to be some banked out slugfest with blind corners up the arse.

I placed 8th in the Autumn Ring. Isn't there a car suited for this?

This question can only be answered if we know your driving style. if you need to borrow a car let me know. Send me a friend request on Playstation Network and I'll get you a car to win there or I can suggest checking out Motor City Hami's tune thread made specifically for this 500PP FR Challenge [PSN= nofxmike06]

I was using the Opera Perf S2000 stock which was 482 PP and smoked the first couple of events. Usually I'm first place before the last lap and win by 16 seconds, even against that pesky shelby. Then on Tokyo and Mt. Aso I can only do 2nd with a 7.5 second gap to first. I figured all I really needed was the fully adjustable trans but can't seem the balance the right amount of acceleration out of the corners vs top end to close the gap on the straights. Anybody having better luck with this car, or should I jump in the 86 '12 lol

I was using the Opera Perf S2000 stock which was 482 PP and smoked the first couple of events. Usually I'm first place before the last lap and win by 16 seconds, even against that pesky shelby. Then on Tokyo and Mt. Aso I can only do 2nd with a 7.5 second gap to first. I figured all I really needed was the fully adjustable trans but can't seem the balance the right amount of acceleration out of the corners vs top end to close the gap on the straights. Anybody having better luck with this car, or should I jump in the 86 '12 lol

I won all of the events with the Opera S2000, and can win Cape Ring with it down to around 400 - 410 pp

I want to win this event easly, can you recomend me a car that will blow my opponents? I win 3 of 5 races already but on Autumn Ring and in Tokyo i just cant catch that Shelby (I tried an TOYOTA 86 GT '12 Priano 500PP tune, but it seems im too bad driver to win with this car).
I dont have any DLC cars. Thanks in advance.

ene
I want to win this event easly, can you recomend me a car that will blow my opponents? I win 3 of 5 races already but on Autumn Ring and in Tokyo i just cant catch that Shelby (I tried an TOYOTA 86 GT '12 Priano 500PP tune, but it seems im too bad driver to win with this car).

Exit and re-enter the race until the Shelby isn't there. It's a much easier race if you don't have to catch the Shelby.

Turn on SRF if you're not already using it.

Then use the 86GT tuned to 500PP. If you still can't win then you just have to practice more. There is no faster FR car at 500PP.

If you're used to driving on racing tires it takes time to adjust to sport tires.

You can try using the Shelby to beat these races. It's got everything. Power and handling and a good transmission. Use it completely stock or add a couple of power upgrades to get it to 500PP.

EDIT: The Shelby handling is awesome but it does require some skill to manage the oversteer so probably you should stick to the 86GT.

Last edited:
I've been doing some testing of the various Toyota 86 variants at CR, working on my 475PP tunes and I noticed that a bone stock Amuse R1 is 475PP. For comparison I took it for a run. This car never disappoints. It's so stable, so neutral, so grippy. I was clicking off 56.3xx lap after lap. No aids except ABS1.

For me, running laps within less than a tenth is unusual. I'm not that consistent. That just shows how locked down this car is.

Drive it. Love it.

I placed first against the BMW M3 '04 with the Toyota 86 GT '12 @440PP on Mt. Aso 104A (Tarmac)
ABS 1
Sports Medium Tires
Oil Change
0.0 Miles on the engine
Paint: Viper Red

Toyota 86 GT '12

Parts installed:
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhuast Manifold
Catalytic Converter:Sports
Sports Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable Suspension
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Limited Slip Differential
Carbon Drive Shaft
Aero kits installed:
Front: Type A
Rear: Type A

LSD settings:
10/35/10

Gear Ratios:
1st: 3.391
2nd: 2.398
3rd: 1.803
4th: 1.417
5th: 1.163
6th: 0.998
Final: 4.100
Top Speed: 143
Top Speed readout:145

Ride Height:5/7
Spring Rate: 11.0/7.5
Dampers Ext:5/5
Dampers Comp: 6/6
Anti-roll:1/2
Camber: 1.5/1.0
Toe angle: (-)0.04/(+)0/04

Weight balance: 53/47
Weight 1230kg
Performance Points: 440
Max Power: 255HP@7000rpm
Power Limiter: 100%
Brake Balance: 6/4
Power to Weight Ratio: 4.75kg/HP

Pole position was the BMW M3 '04
here's my proof in a High quality video recorded in 1080i with a Hauppauge HD PVRhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_kKpRAEhjc&feature=relmfu

ene

Just cut all of the corners. It seems to be acceptable around here.

Back