6 months since gt5 was released...

  • Thread starter Thread starter v13esim
  • 32 comments
  • 2,642 views
Messages
108
United States
Palm Desert CA
Messages
MLD_Supra
... so im just wondering if there will be any new car dlc or standard to premium upgrades. I remember reading or hearing that it takes PD 6 months to completely make a premium car for gt5. its been around six months possibely there maybe ther is dlc coming? Does anyone else think so?
 
No, updating standards to premium was just one recommendation to PD about what they should do, they're not working on this, they're working on the highest voted suggestion to add to GT5: In-race game saves. Just look at the feedback section of this site if you want to know more.
 
Last edited:
they've been working on updating standard cars to premium since before the game was released. interview.
 
After six months post the release date, I'm not even at half the game. :p

That said, I am eagerly waiting for some new content in the near future.
 
The "6 month" number that gets thrown around all the time is 6 months of working hours.
ie 6*4*40=960 hours. That could mean 24 people all working 40 hours on it. If it actually takes 6 entire months to finish a car model they're doing something very wrong. That and there is no way the game would have been finished if it were 6 months per car. 6*200= 1200/12=100 years to finish all the cars.
 
Wouldn't PD have to totally remodel a standard car to make it premium, not just add detail to it?
 
The "6 month" number that gets thrown around all the time is 6 months of working hours.

How do you know that? 6 months working hours is absurd. There's NO way it takes that long to create one car. Even with the detail that cars in GT5 have.

OP: PD won't release each car that they model as a DLC. If they will release any cars, they will do it in groups. Like they did with GT5:P Spec III.
 
The "6 month" number that gets thrown around all the time is 6 months of working hours.
ie 6*4*40=960 hours. That could mean 24 people all working 40 hours on it. If it actually takes 6 entire months to finish a car model they're doing something very wrong. That and there is no way the game would have been finished if it were 6 months per car. 6*200= 1200/12=100 years to finish all the cars.

That is a ridiculous claim. I'd like to see your source for that!
 
How do you know that? 6 months working hours is absurd. There's NO way it takes that long to create one car. Even with the detail that cars in GT5 have.

OP: PD won't release each car that they model as a DLC. If they will release any cars, they will do it in groups. Like they did with GT5:P Spec III.
Exactly, people should go and have a wander round some of the 3D art sites, see what people are turning out, single handed, in less than a month... and that's 1 month working hours (or less)!

You will seriously see cars that make GT Premium models look like standard versions.

Like this for instance... http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=132&t=973821&page=1&pp=15

or this, in TWO WEEKS! http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=132&t=968045
 
How do you know that? 6 months working hours is absurd. There's NO way it takes that long to create one car. Even with the detail that cars in GT5 have.

OP: PD won't release each car that they model as a DLC. If they will release any cars, they will do it in groups. Like they did with GT5:P Spec III.

That is a ridiculous claim. I'd like to see your source for that!

I was simply responding to the OPs claim of 6 months. Every single time I've seen a number attached to months it's been in reference to the number of working hours, not actual calendar months, which was my point.

Six actual months of working is much longer than 6 months of working hours, assuming more than just 1 person is working on the model.
 
I was simply responding to the OPs claim of 6 months. Every single time I've seen a number attached to months it's been in reference to the number of working hours, not actual calendar months, which was my point.

Six actual months of working is much longer than 6 months of working hours, assuming more than just 1 person is working on the model.
Exactly. I don't see how they misunderstood that. You mean working hours as-in say a measly 40 hours a week per person like you said at the least, which is being kinda modest, too, I'd say. I, also, doubt there are 24 people modeling cars. That's really where we CAN'T speculate. Thinking about what you said though, it's true. Modeling cars shouldn't take as long as some of you believe 6 months meant. I'm not being hopeful, either, it just seems like it's true. A major part of the time GT5 took to make was the foundation. Of course, most/all of you already know that.
 
Half a year in, and I've still never had more than 800k Cr. :grumpy:

There are events and Championships which will award more credits than that. Wow. You're doing something wrong, buddy.

Oh, and there's been a bunch of DLC already:

ps3-gran-turismo-5-collecto1.gif


PS3-0338__1.jpg


jEVKBmwjEujLuZTetujMObWqYbihJmoW.png
 
That isn't the same because they didn't come from the PSN store. Plus, those aren't even knew cars. Just special edition.
 
That isn't the same because they didn't come from the PSN store. Plus, those aren't even knew cars. Just special edition.




You enter the Schick Camaro SS code in the PSN store and download it from the PSN store :dunce:. But anyway I think he means getting new cars as a DLC, not a car from the game that already exists in a different color.
 
... so im just wondering if there will be any new car dlc or standard to premium upgrades. I remember reading or hearing that it takes PD 6 months to completely make a premium car for gt5. its been around six months possibely there maybe ther is dlc coming? Does anyone else think so?

I don't think so, mate. If that was really true, the game would only have 10 premium cars. However, they were rumors of PD releasing 25 tracks that was present in past GT titles (look below URL for more info). Also, there was a trailer that regards about the Toyota FT-86 II (correct me if I'm wrong) that was rendered on GT5's environments, so that is another rumor. Another one is PD is probably developing B-Spec Controls, but that was first reported 1-3 months after release. Lastly, PD confirmed that they're developing Endurance Race Saving, but the time-span since was +1 months ago.

P.S. Here's the link for the 25 tracks:
https://www.gtplanet.net/24-new-track-logos-discovered-on-gran-turismo-5-website/

EDIT: By the way, here's a link that leads to a Playstation Chronicle magazine issue. Once you flip to pages 16-17, you'll see an interview to Kazunori about GT5's and PD's futures:
http://issuu.com/usplaystationmag/docs/pschronicle01_11
 
Whoever's saying that modeling a car doesn't take a lot read this - Yes, it is possible to render a car visually in about, 1 month BUT - you need to add data to it, you need to record sound, test drive it, feel it, test it etc. Yes it does take 6 months.
But, for standards they just need to render...it can take them what? 2 weeks/1 month for that because they already have the data for the standards.
 
I think PDI has done a pretty good job supporting the game since release.

We were getting Seasonal Events regularly
Added the Online Car Dealership
We got the Edge Camaro
We got 7 (8,9?) patches and fixes

This is better support than I've seen from some other 'premium' titles.
 
I think PDI has done a pretty good job supporting the game since release.

We were getting Seasonal Events regularly
Added the Online Car Dealership
We got the Edge Camaro
We got 7 (8,9?) patches and fixes

This is better support than I've seen from some other 'premium' titles.

100% agree.
 
... so im just wondering if there will be any new car dlc or standard to premium upgrades. I remember reading or hearing that it takes PD 6 months to completely make a premium car for gt5. its been around six months possibely there maybe ther is dlc coming? Does anyone else think so?

Want want want, everyone allways wants more. What a greedy life we live.
 
With GT having such loyal fans, I see no reason to hurry and release any DLC car packs. The loyal fans are just grinning from ear to ear driving around in fifteen year old concept cars and 2 or three generation old cars that have new models, but just not in GT5. For me GTs always had a car list problem, but it is still a lot of fun. PD won't change now.
 
The "6 month" number that gets thrown around all the time is 6 months of working hours.
ie 6*4*40=960 hours. That could mean 24 people all working 40 hours on it. If it actually takes 6 entire months to finish a car model they're doing something very wrong. That and there is no way the game would have been finished if it were 6 months per car. 6*200= 1200/12=100 years to finish all the cars.

That had always confused me...
Anyway, I think that the in-game race saves are first priority, then DLC. So hopefully it won't be TOO long.
 
Ha! Don't hold your breath for in race game saves, new cars, or anything. I would really like the mid race save but whatever. I never played the previous GT games but I read that GT4 had them, or you could use you B spec drivers in A spec enduros. If they took that feature away for GT5, why would they waste time putting it back in GT5? If they are going to add mid race saves then why would they even cut that out to begin with?
 
To test how motivated players are? Really I don't care for the in race saves. If it says 24 hours, then I'll be in it for 24 hours.
 
Are there real life races that require one driver to race 24hrs straight? With all of many electronics being made in China (i.e. junk) I don't trust the PS3 to not blow up. I also would never be able or want to race the same track for 24hrs, especially against the garbage A.I.
 
I'd be stunned to see a driver in real life go for 24 hours. but to solve this in the game, get some friends to come on over. That hopefully can drive.
 
Back