6 reasons why I think GT Sport Remastered will and should launch with the PS5

• Thread starter Magog
  • 99 comments
In the age of digital games it would be a big fail if Sony decides to not make the PS5 backwards compatible. They already went to x86 hardware and the only reason there wouldnt be compatibility is because they purposefully want to omit it.

In my view PD could release an PS5 DLC for the game. It will save both us customers as PD a lot of time and money.

At this point I would personally regard it as a given. Their entire hardware choice was to facilitate third party development and to make hardware transitions easier. All of those goals go hand in hand with backward compatibility. PD really does have a solid foundation now to run GT as a service however they still might have to do a hardcopy release since so much of the market still makes purchase decisions based on a game's disk release. People that opt in on a subscription fee should get a modest savings while continuing to grow their pool of content. Meanwhile a disc release should coincide with major version releases in order to secure retail space and appease the purchasing habits of the market.

You don't remember the hybrids people were coming up with? How can you run any form of official event without control of the cars players use?

Really easy: run a check before the car goes on track that confirms the settings are in line with the event limitations. Hell, the game already does that: tune up a car, head into a BOP'd daily race, and it'll revert to a legal tune.

The online saves are still one of the biggest issues I have with GTS a year after launch. There's no reason I can see for them: F1 2018 also runs an esport series, aligned with the official real-world championship, and it doesn't resort to this sort of approach.

At this point I would personally regard it as a given. Their entire hardware choice was to facilitate third party development and to make hardware transitions easier. All of those goals go hand in hand with backward compatibility. PD really does have a solid foundation now to run GT as a service however they still might have to do a hardcopy release since so much of the market still makes purchase decisions based on a game's disk release. People that opt in on a subscription fee should get a modest savings while continuing to grow their pool of content. Meanwhile a disc release should coincide with major version releases in order to secure retail space and appease the purchasing habits of the market.

That subscription already is PSN. I dont see succes for GT sport as a a subscription based service. People will need to have both PSN and GTsport subscription? As i see it I am staying loyal to Sony, because it is one of the few companies out there in gaming that isnt afraid to invest in singleplayer content.

I also want to add tga2t a remastered GT Sport on PS5 is ridiculous assuming PS5 will be bc with PS4 games and they sorta have to be for the sake of PSVR and the 10's of millions in profit and revenue they'd miss out on if there were no bc.

That subscription already is PSN. I dont see succes for GT sport as a a subscription based service. People will need to have both PSN and GTsport subscription? As i see it I am staying loyal to Sony, because it is one of the few companies out there in gaming that isnt afraid to invest in singleplayer content.

If you've ever bought a season pass, then you've paid a subscription. Semantics aside, the idea being conveyed is that a fee is paid for recurring updates instead of having to purchase a full game allover again.

PSX cancelled this year.

If Paris goes the same way you can bank on PS5 being revealed in 2019. That could be early ‘19 reveal and late ‘20 release. Or late ‘19 reveal and ‘20 release.

One thing I’m convinced of is we aren’t going through 2019 without official word on PS5.

they should remake GT4 and call it a day

I feel like if these guys want to make some real easy money then yeah...

GT4 4k Edition... GT4K if you will.... with some added Porsche and Ferrari etc. would probably provide heaps of money to actually make GT7 simultaneously.

If you've ever bought a season pass, then you've paid a subscription. Semantics aside, the idea being conveyed is that a fee is paid for recurring updates instead of having to purchase a full game allover again.

I count seasonpasses not as subsciption. A subscription is a content as a service and stops when you stop paying. A seasonpass is a prepayment for DLC. You own the content (within terms of PSN) after purchase.

The whole idea of subscription is you "rent" content/service for as long as your want. However you will never own the content. Buying a game gives your rights to own the content or when you buy digitally, own the game within the terms of PSN.

Back