6 reasons why I think GT Sport Remastered will and should launch with the PS5

• Thread starter Magog
  • 99 comments
They should do like GTA 5 and release on PS4 a little before PS5 and release a remaster on PS5 some time after PS5 comes out. That way they can double dip. I would be foolish enough to buy twice, if they have enough offline events to keep me playing.

Sony confirmed they will support PS4 for (at least) another 3 years. It’s the norm for Sony to support consoles long after next gen launches.

If you follow the industry closely, both tech developments, and Sony’s 1st Party releases. It’s increasingly obvious PS5 will be revealed in 2019 with a late 2019 launch. Last E3 Sony focused on already announced titles - we’ll know for sure if PS5 is 2019 based on what Sony shows, or most likely doesn’t, at Paris Games Week and PSX.

If nothing of note is revealed from any of Sony’s 1st Party at those upcoming shows that’s final confirmation PS5 is 2019. Dates can always slip but some people are in for a shock if they think PS5 is 3 years away.

As for GT Sport and the Gran Turismo franchise. I still expect a complete edition to launch on PS4. It makes all the sense in the world when you consider PS4 will still be sold 4-5 years from now at a budget price point.

I also believe the next Gran Turismo will be GT7 and release within the first 12 months of PS5’s launch. It should incorporate all GT Sport’s online features plus the ‘Car RPG’ aspects of old Gran Turismo’s. All assets and features developed for GT Sport will transfer over to GT7.

PS5 won’t be a quantum leap over PS4 despite a massive GPU & CPU bump. We’ll basically get GT Sport level’s of presentation at native 4K/60, improved effects, weather, more cars etc.
That’s a lot pointless waffle and rampant speculation!

1. They will want to avoid the mistake of launching a new game at the end of life of the PS4 like they did with GT6 which had terrible sales for a GT game.

2. Every PlayStation had or was supposed to have a launch racing game. (Driveclub was supposed to launch with the PS4 but was delayed.)

3. Crossplay with the PS4 version will allow for a larger userbase for online races.

4. The car models already are too good to be used on the PS4 version in actual races thus the existing models could be reused for a remaster at no cost.

5. Gran Turismo has long been a "killer app" for Sony and having it at launch will give the PS5 a big boost.

6. It will be much easier and a much better experience to launch the game with the huge amount of cars and tracks GT Sport will have in about 2 years when the PS5 launches assuming updates continue to add to the game at the current pace. The alternative being to start a new game from scratch and get beaten up in reviews for a lack of content.

That said I don't think they will actually call it GT Sport Remastered they will probably call it GT7 for marketing reasons but it will by necessity share all tracks and cars with GT Sport if there is going to be Crossplay between the games.
All this and no mention of the fact that every gt 1-6 was a rehash of the previous in some way and thats how code works, you build of the previous code?

That’s a lot pointless waffle and rampant speculation!
By all means bookmark this post and get back to me in 12 months time.

Games aren’t fashioned out of thin air. All of Sony’s E3 1st Party slate will be cross gen. You won’t be seeing any major 1st Party reveals until PS5 is announced. This is why Paris & PSX will be the final confirmation how close PS5 is. So far neither show is confirmed, let alone what will be shown. The next Xbox is also coming in 2020 despite One X launching a year later than PS4 Pro.

The GT7 ‘speculation’ is common sense. PD aren’t giving us all this free DLC only to toss it away in 12-18 months time. We’ve reached a technical wall where the greatest restriction is CPU power and locking 60fps. There is no tech leap next gen. Higher resolutions, higher quality shadows and effects. The biggest jumps will be CPU intensive tasks.

They’ve never remastered a previous GT title so I don’t even think this is an option for PD.

Using knowledge gained from creating previous GT titles & implementing said knowledge into GT7 is not the same as remastering a game.

If anything, PD will probably release a GT7 and or GTS II in the future, I reckon.

I think it's possible GT on PS5 might be more VR focused than monitor based. I think that can allow them to merge the console game and phone/hand held game markets.

My prediction would be the GT on PS5 will be VR based and cross playable on portable devices. But who knows? Maybe some other kind of tech might appear before then. ie hologram tech.

I guess this is more about the future of monitors. :lol:

For the first time in the last 20 years, I'm not really looking forward for a new GT game.

I think GTSport can very much continue to be developed and improved upon until there's nothing left to do.

I don't know how feasible it is, but I wouldn't mind getting a "new" GT title where all the content from GTS could be imported (cars, liveries, photos, gt mode events, etc) but which could bring new things like dynamic weather and time of day, more and better GT mode events, an improved livery editor, 3D redendered scapes, etc.

But tbh in terms of graphics and car models, I don't see a reason for an upgrade, which IMO was the major force behind the hype for new GT games (and something Kaz himself has valued since GT1).

Online is the future IMO and sport mode as well as lobbies can be improved with updates. No need for a new game. The only reason I could see for PD to release a new game is money. And if they do it, I'll happily buy it.

I was very skeptical about GTS but I came to the conclusion that it is the best GT game for me, mainly because I don't care about offline events / gtmode anymore.

TL;DR Whatever PD decides to do, I'm happy with. I'm not in a hurry and I've learnt to not expect new things "any time soon" from PD. GTS is still good for me.

Edit: fixed some typos. I should use EN auto correct sometimes.

Last edited:
I'm 99% sure it won't be a remaster but a new game. Two points:
-Poly played it safe with GTSport. Sure, gorgeous lighting and 3D models but it didn't push the boundaries when you think about it: static TOD, no weather, still the same snail AI, GT-ish collisions...;

-very interesting recruitment pages on the official website. Do you see any of these points in GTSport:
・Development of a rigid body simulator
・Development of an elastic body simulator
・Development of a fluid body simulator
・Development of a rag doll simulator
・Development of other physics simulators

A new dev at Poly since 2018, he was a technical artist for Knack I and II and mentioned in the credits of The Last Guardian.
https://cedil.cesa.or.jp/cedil_sessions/view/1805
As a CG designer in the field of video production, he is engaged in numerous video productions including TV, pachinko machine video and so on.
As a technical artist at Sony Interactive Entertainment since 2009, he is mainly in charge of development and pipeline development for DCC tools.
From 2016 he moved to video production field and engaged in crowd simulation and effect creation using Houdini.
Since 2018, in charge of polyphony digital Co., Ltd., he is in charge of pipeline development and tool development work supporting artist's work.

Me back in thePS3 era: "Thanks to the PS4, we will have a dynamic TOD/weather on every track with solid framerate. All the premium cars from PS3 and the new cars, at least 700 cars! Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain all remastered next to Midfield raceway and Apricot Hill future proof. "

:lol::lol: I was so naive.
I am sure alot of people still think like this for the rumoured PS5, although I gotta admit I also thought that the PS4 would have made these things possible..

But looking back at Driveclub the idea slowly faded away as the developers talked about Framerate and why they kept it at 30 FPS...

So now I do not have such HIGH hopes for the Next game and to be bloodly honest I don't think it should even have a major graphical upgrade since GTSport already is on par to Photorealism.

The only "graphical" improvements I would like is IN GAME higher quality textures and LOD models/ dirty-er cars :lol: (dont get the wrong idea) sure they can balance it out if Dynamic TOD and Weather comes in to play.
Perhaps environment/ vegetation (swaying tree leaves or sandy roads as wind sway the sand around).

I am more curious in this ray tracing talk going on about tbh, it would be neat if they somehow manage to add REAL time Ray tracing in the next game.

Also I am more interested in their physics and tire modelling development as @queleuleu shared those Simulation aspects they are recruiting on.

And at last: SOUND DEVELOPMENT ACCURACY... do not get me wrong, what we have now is much much better to what we used to have in the past.

In my opinion they are doing car sounds some justice by capturing every little detail (be environment/ engine sound effects) and still improving on them as we speak, but I would like to see this further enhanced in the future.

Points where I think needs some improvements:
  • Sound Reverbation ( right now it just sounds like going trough a tunnel everytime, it needs to take in account the environment surrounding it aswell (open dessert, closed in walls etc.)
  • Engine and Exhaust sound ( to make it sound less generic as possible ).
  • Variation in car sound effects (transmission whine mostly imo).
I guess these are the things I am mostly hoping for but I am pretty satisfied with how GT Sport is turning out to be.

TL;DR Whatever PD decides to do, I'm happy with. I'm not in a hurry and I've learnt to not expect new things "any time soon" from PD. GTS is still good for me.

Kaz already said he started working on the next GT,he said it won't be a GTS 2.GT Sport was a great experiment and a breath of fresh air for the franchise and the console simracer genre unfortunely it wasn't well recieved by the mainstream public(it still selling well on the UK tho).
I hope whatever PD chooses to do with GT i will be there,GTS is a good reboot and a good reassurance that the days of Premium/Standard models and bloated car list are gone(at least for now lol)

A GT Sport Remastered for the PS5 live or dies with Backwards Compatibility,if it's in we will have GTS right away for the PS5,if BC isn't in it might take some time for a new remastered version

Backwards Combatibility for the next Playstation is a safe bet

Perhaps everything on PS4 will be backwards compatible on PS5 and we can keep enjoying GTS until it’s replacement arrives.

I don't want a remaster. Just carry everything from GT Sport over to a new game and call it GT7, and make it playable offline.

The car and track models are well future proof. With improved draw distance, shading and lighting it will look amazing. I mean, it already kinda does.

I don't want a remaster. Just carry everything from GT Sport over to a new game and call it GT7, and make it playable offline.

The car and track models are well future proof. With improved draw distance, shading and lighting it will look amazing. I mean, it already kinda does.

This is never going to happen in GT Sport.But the next GT will probably have offline saves............probably............hopefully.

This is never going to happen in GT Sport.But the next GT will probably have offline saves............probably............hopefully.
I still have no idea why they can't patch it in though, but I'm no expert.

Kaz already said he started working on the next GT,he said it won't be a GTS 2.GT Sport was a great experiment and a breath of fresh air for the franchise and the console simracer genre unfortunely it wasn't well recieved by the mainstream public(it still selling well on the UK tho).

Where has this been said?

Remember how much content GT6 had over GT5? Granted it was worse in some ways.

I would take a GT Sport II if they did a similar addition of content to justify me buying a PS5 however I strongly believe that the PS4 still has one more Gran Turismo title left in it.

I hope whatever PD chooses to do with GT i will be there,GTS is a good reboot and a good reassurance that the days of Premium/Standard models and bloated car list are gone(at least for now lol)

A GT Sport Remastered for the PS5 live or dies with Backwards Compatibility,if it's in we will have GTS right away for the PS5,if BC isn't in it might take some time for a new remastered version

Backwards Combatibility for the next Playstation is a safe bet
You are expecting Sony, a company that REMOVED backwards compatibility on the PS3 for PS2 titles - presumably because they weren't selling enough PS3 titles, is going to reverse that decision now?

I also feel like PD's "MO" is to drop a title like it has a disease once they feel like its run its course.

Look how quickly GT5 and 6 got dropped.

GT Sport will be dropped in a hot minute once they realise its time it up and GT Sport II is their new money train.

Its not in PD's genes to do a GT Sport Remastered on PS5. Will they drop GT SPort on Ps4 to get people onto the same thing on PS5? Unlikely.

All I Hope is the PS5 will be able to play PS4 games.

Unfortunetly its not very likely :-(

Anyway if it was the case, its much more easy to wait 1-2 year until the next GT is ready GT7 or whatever will be the name.

And also it will move more PS5 consoles at launch. I Never bought a Launch console since they uasely have crappy games.

Also I think a realistic date for PS5 is somewhere between late 2019 - summer 2020.

To avoid people editing their save files as it happened in previous games.
How is that in any way a valid reason though? And why can I play every other goddamn game offline if it is a valid reason?

How is that in any way a valid reason though? And why can I play every other goddamn game offline if it is a valid reason?
You don't remember the hybrids people were coming up with? How can you run any form of official event without control of the cars players use?

You are expecting Sony, a company that REMOVED backwards compatibility on the PS3 for PS2 titles - presumably because they weren't selling enough PS3 titles, is going to reverse that decision now?

Well Sony was a bit crazy at the PS3 era,the console was overpriced and one of their executives told people to get two jobs if they thought the console was expensive,there was alot of weird 🤬 going on at that time,Sony First Party management is much better now(except for the Evolution Studios thing)

Where has this been said?

Right here

https://www.gtplanet.net/the-next-gran-turismo-probably-wont-be-gt-sport-2/

I also feel like PD's "MO" is to drop a title like it has a disease once they feel like its run its course.

Look how quickly GT5 and 6 got dropped.

GT Sport will be dropped in a hot minute once they realise its time it up and GT Sport II is their new money train.

Its not in PD's genes to do a GT Sport Remastered on PS5. Will they drop GT SPort on Ps4 to get people onto the same thing on PS5? Unlikely.

If PS5 has backwards compatibility there won't be a need for a remastered version

Last edited:

They removed it because including an entire PS2 in the PS3 was a waste of money for them.

In the age of digital games it would be a big fail if Sony decides to not make the PS5 backwards compatible. They already went to x86 hardware and the only reason there wouldnt be compatibility is because they purposefully want to omit it.

In my view PD could release an PS5 DLC for the game. It will save both us customers as PD a lot of time and money.

Latest Posts

Back