600cc Spring Challenge *UPDATE*

• Thread starter mrslick151
  • 273 comments
All this talk of TT and no race series yet? Lets do this! :dopey:

WHEN?
Championship starts Monday, May 1st.
Race times must be turned in by end of Sunday each week.
THE RACE FIELD IS FINAL. NO MORE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

OVERALL
10 round challenge, one race per week. Submit your times at the end of that week and then we score. You must use Pro Controller Mode and MT tranny. Failure Conditions your choice, just run clean laps. Use TT mode so that you can use your riding form.

DISPUTES
No screenshots or replays required, but if you turn in a time that is 2 seconds faster than the rest of the field, a screenie will be required to handle the dispute. Lets keep this fair guys!

SCORING
Points awarded each race using the MotoGP points system.
1st - 25 points
2nd - 20 points
3rd - 16 points
4th - 13 points
5th - 11 points
6th - 10 points
7th - 9 points
8th - 8 points
9th - 7 points
10th - 6 points
11th - 5 points
12th - 4 points
13th - 3 points
14th - 2 points
15th - 1 points

RULES
This is a combined time challenge - you do 6 laps total on the chosen track. The first lap does not count, use that lap to warm up your brain and tires. Record the next five laps and total up that time. This is your race time for the track. Make sure you note each lap.

BIKES
600cc Racebikes: ZX6-R RM, CBR600RR RM, Daytona 650 RM, GSX-R 600 RM, YZF-R6 RM. Whatever bike you choose, you have to stay with for the duration of the challenge.

MODS
Unlimited

TIRES
Your choice

TRACKS
Rd. 1: Deep Forest
Rd. 2: Laguna Seca
Rd. 3: Midfield Raceway
Rd. 4: Grand Valley Speedway
Rd. 5: Nurburgring (1 lap special round)
Rd. 6: Suzuka Full
Rd. 7: Infineon Raceway
Rd. 8: Trial Mountain
Rd. 9: Citta di Aria
Rd. 10: Valencia

L E A D E R B O A R D
Sync - Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R RM (#99) - 50 points
pilotofthestorm - Triumph Daytona 650 RM (#77) - 36 points
SnyperP - Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM (#11) - 25 points
Saspo - Triumph Daytona 650 RM (#13) - 21 points
BMWteamPTG - Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM (#7) - 20 points
Corn13 - Kawasaki ZX-6R RM (#55) - 18 points
MrSlick151 - Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM (#17) - 17 points
[Empty Space] - Honda CBR600RR RM (#69) - 16 points
pmc40 - Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM (#40) - 13 points
TurboRegal - Kawasaki ZX-6R RM (#44) - 11 points
jmillheiser - Suzuki GSX-R 600 RM (#22) - 7 points

RACE 1 - Deep Forest
sync - 6'29.394 - 25 points
bmwteamptg - 6'29.695 - 20 points
pilotofthestorm - 6'31.313 - 16 points
pmc40 - 6'33.947 - 13 points
turboregal - 6'34.402 - 11 points
saspo - 6'35.655 - 10 points
snyperp - 6'36.982 - 9 points
mrslick151 - 6'42.272 - 8 points
jmillheiser - 6'42.502 - 7 points
empty space - 6'44.566 - 6 points
corn13 - 6'53.844 - 5 points

RACE 2 - Laguna Seca
sync - 7'17.454 - 25 points
pilotofthestorm - 7'22.368 - 20 points
snyperp - 7'28.215 - 16 points
corn13 - 7'35.442 - 13 points
saspo - 7'36.585 - 11 points
empty space - 7.38.681 - 10 points
mrslick151 - 7:42.272 - 9 points
pmc40 - 000000 - 0 points

How about El Capitan, Infineon, and Valencia? Everything else looks good, just for the love of all things sacred don't use Motegi. I fall asleep after 2 laps on that track.

Sounds like fun. For track suggestions, Infineon sounds good , maybe something off the wall like Citta di Aria could be interesting.

I pretty much like all the tracks except Seoul, Super Speedway and New York.
Too bad PD didn't convert Rome or one of the Paris tracks for this game, they would have made better bike courses than some of the others they included.

Pro Mode/MT is perfect, but any restriction on Failure Conditions? I like to set mine to Off to get the front/rear weight shift.

Im in! If I cant get a screenshot, can I submit a replay file?

Definatly Infinion... its a perfect bike track!
Motegi Full is very interesting, maybe not ideal for 600ccers... although
And as much as I dislike Tsukaba (sp?), its a perfect bike track.

Apricot Hill is one of my alltime favorate tracks.

Btw, will this be in arcade mode? Practice mode in TT world? The only way to get tire wear (I am aware of) is in arcade mode.. cant get it in practice.

indeed, you can save your replay to the memory card then transfer it to usb 👍

two races a week is probably too much like, speedy_samurai suggested. as for tracks, im not so sure about nordschliefe, but, red frogs suggestion of el captin, valencia, and infinion.

failuire condictions could be optional, but, if they are turned off then a replay should be provided espcially considering how easy it is to get one online. theres a substanal list of usb sticks that work in the general gt4 forum 👍 personally, id prefer FC to be off.

[empty space]
indeed, you can save your replay to the memory card then transfer it to usb 👍

two races a week is probably too much like, speedy_samurai suggested. as for tracks, im not so sure about nordschliefe, but, red frogs suggestion of el captin, valencia, and infinion.

failuire condictions could be optional, but, if they are turned off then a replay should be provided espcially considering how easy it is to get one online. theres a substanal list of usb sticks that work in the general gt4 forum 👍 personally, id prefer FC to be off.

If you wanted to really make it legit, assign evryone a random race number that has to be displayed on thier bike. that way no replay leeching will occur.

As far as crashes go.. what are the rules? No crashes, but minor offroading is ok?

EDIT: Oh, im voting for valencia too.. maybe fuji speedway. MotoGP tracks rock.

I'm in. Maybe Fuji 2005, Infineon, and Valencia because its a new track. I don't like Motegi because it boring, and Laguna with bikes the crokscrew I think screw everyone up.

corn13
I'm in. Maybe Fuji 2005, Infineon, and Valencia because its a new track. I don't like Motegi because it boring, and Laguna with bikes the crokscrew I think screw everyone up.

Definitely not Fugly 2005. I can't stand that track.

martialstax
Definitely not Fugly 2005. I can't stand that track.

I like the 80s and 90s versions. Laguna is awsome... i really dont have problems with the corkscrew. Racetracks are supposed to be challenging.

valencia for sure.

Excellent, i'm in. As for the missing tracks.

1- Cote d'Azur
2- Citta Di Aria
3- Fuji 2005
4- Amalfi

I know, not much peoples like those tracks. But i love tight corner !

Spectre600
I like the 80s and 90s versions. Laguna is awsome... i really dont have problems with the corkscrew. Racetracks are supposed to be challenging.

valencia for sure.

Yes, Fuji 80s and 90s is much better than 2005. Laguna is one of the world's great motorcycle tracks. As the racers say, "If you're not scared at Laguna, you're not going fast enough." And Valencia is good. I'm also in favor of Amalfi and Citta Di Aria.

i'm interested but I do have the Japanese version of the game and my replays won't work with your game. Also, I would like to restate that twice a week is too often. And how about Valencia, Infineon (it is a bike version), and Citi D'Aria (aka Isle of Man cuz it's tight).

I would definetily be in for this, I never got into the GT4 races as much but I would be down for this. I agree with one race a week and FC turned off except no crashes. Silver/Black Honda Cbr 600 RR #23

a: when will it start?

b: id like to use my zx-6r rm, but, has a #1 plate. if i can use that number, sign me up with that bike/# combo. if not ill use the #69 cbr600rr rm.

Tracks look good, I don't see any that I would switch for Seattle.

I just tried arcade mode for the first time and didn't see any tire wear during time trials, under arcade options I had set tire wear set to strong but the tire indicators were blank. Maybe I'm missing something somewhere?

If we can't get tire wear in either arcade or TT practice, TT might be preferable for the body form/tuning options, just a thought, makes no difference to me.

I'll be riding the Triumph Daytona 650 RM (#13).

Yes, we're supposed to stick with the same bike all through out the competition.

Sign me up for a GSX-R 600 RM. Do we have limitations on tire choices? What should the tire wear settings be set as?

Championship starts Monday, May 1st.
Race times must be turned in by end of Sunday each week.

Okay tonight I will confirm the tire wear question. I would prefer to run in TT mode so that people can use their riding form and tune the bikes as they see fit.

Empty Space - hilarious that you mentioned the #69 CBR RM - my buddy Mad Jack has that EXACT race bike here in AZ.

a: id personally prefer TT mode as well. if were using unqie numbers, might as well use unqie setsup/body postion as well 👍

b: my ps2 seems to have gone blind ... it hasnt read cds/ps games for a while, which is fine but now it disk read errors for dvds/ps2 games :(

time to look for cleaning instructions.

Ill run a R6.. my bike currently has #1, so looks like ill have to get another color

Sign me up as #6

Seems like you should have to *earn* the #1.. oh well.

Back