600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 170 comments
I noticed an odd 'glitch' on the exit kerb of the last corner where if you ride it perfectly (Both outside wheels fully on it) you get some kind of speed boost, I have a replay of it. It's really weird the sound of the car gets screwed up as well it jumps a lot of revs. I've noticed sometimes kerbs give weird grip effects but nothing to this caliber. Has anyone heard of this before? @TRL_Andromeda

Yup, I also have it in the last turns. You need a bit luck there or alot off skills. You guys got the skills so .... there is a line where you go faster. BTW on whole the track you need the perfect line to make a 1:17. But in the last corners you can go faster.

I noticed an odd 'glitch' on the exit kerb of the last corner where if you ride it perfectly (Both outside wheels fully on it) you get some kind of speed boost, I have a replay of it. It's really weird the sound of the car gets screwed up as well it jumps a lot of revs. I've noticed sometimes kerbs give weird grip effects but nothing to this caliber. Has anyone heard of this before? @TRL_Andromeda
No, never:confused:
I'd love to see it, maybe you could PM it to me? :)

Couldn't let ol' mate on my friends list beat me by under a tenth just because I was running TS030, so jumped in the 2J on a DS3 and got to 1:18.702 after about 30 minutes to take 27th.
Tried to improve but found a brick wall called understeer so I'll have to jump on wheel and try tweaking it to get near a low 18, but I'd be happy with 18.3-18.5.
Sad to give up the TS030 lead spot, would have liked to get it to 1:19.0 or 1:18.9 but it was far more challenging than I had the patience for.

Better get that wheel out :rolleyes:

I was waiting for that...
But my retort is "nice active steering, bro".

Been down this road before on this forum. 100 to 10000 dollar wheel and cockpit set ups, controller boxes, etc. it isn't an even playing field before driver aids. Traction control, abs increases over 1, and active steering are driver aids but ultimately they actually make you fractionally slower. I have proven this with active steering through improving times (in several previous time trials) after hitting a "brick wall" with active steering. It just makes my laps more consistent and time trials less time consuming.

P.S. How do you view dirty oil/worn engine to gain power/speed?

Got 1:18:923 using this setup on thrustmaster t300 rs ...
Its faster than the time i made i just cant nail the final corner:banghead:

65 / 65
8.42 / 10.00
1 / 1
3 / 4
3 / 5
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / -0.10

Brakes 5 / 7

Differential 7 / 60 / 7

81kg or 84kg Ballast Position +50
No oil change
Rajmans gearbox or u can try.....

Reset Gearbox To Default
186 mph
Final gear 4.125

Maybe setup a tighter angle degree of the steering helps . (final corner)

Has anyone have this happen: after running for 4 days with worn rigidity, usually fix it when it starts handling funny but I took UTL's advice and it improved after a couple of laps, so I left it and on Saturday this occured.
After about a dozen laps and after another boo boo I started another lap and the car pulled straight onto the left kerb, then went crazy and shot across the road. I had no steering and next thing I heading down pit lane. Geez I thought, never had that happen before so I started again. Yep three more starts and exactly the same result so decided to check.
440 odd bhp but oil ok sign so I changed it and decided to rectify the soggy chassis. After doing this plenty of times and getting 492 bhp this time I ended up with 487 bhp and not real flash handling and now I can't get within half a second of my best time. This game is giving me the 🤬

Yeah, I'm done with this 🤬 TT. cant get a better time. try it manual but mid 1:19 is all what i can get. Time for new tt's. Way to 🤬 long that 4 weeks :banghead:.

But the seasonal on the ring is fun.

Yeah !

I just saw that. Watched the replay and thought " Cheat !!! "

Merry Christmas to all here.

I hope you all have a hippety hop hang dang doody time over the coming festivities. What ever your religion / faith / creed / or colour is - Have a fabulicious time.

Cheers.

Ian.

Merry Xmas to everyone, thanks for the tips, setups and banter this last year. And if you really bored hop onto soundcloud and give my new cd a whirl, under FJB Band. Cheers.

1.18.406 :cheers::gtpflag: PO 28

Are they going to remove said hacker from the time log??.

Nope not yet, get rid of him.

1.18.395 :cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Some might consider me a little cracked up but I still play this TT till this day.

Pleased to break the 1:20.100 personal best to enter 1:19s with 1:19:823 for a 285th rank.

I believe this has been my best ranking in a TT till now.

It's all about getting every corner spot on to improve further.

Merry Xmas to everyone, thanks for the tips, setups and banter this last year. And if you really bored hop onto soundcloud and give my new cd a whirl, under FJB Band. Cheers.

1.18.406 :cheers::gtpflag: PO 28

Are they going to remove said hacker from the time log??.

Nope not yet, get rid of him.

1.18.395 :cheers::gtpflag:
Nice time mate :cheers::cheers:

This combo is not working for me. Nice car and nice track but i cant get the corners right.

Back