600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 170 comments
@UpTopLog Try boosting front spring rate from 10.00 to say 11.00 and maybe play with front toe angle. Sometimes it's better to not screw with it too too much though, or try slightly adjusting the ballast either forward or backward.

@Kossie Thank you Kossie, 2J has always been good to me in time trials. I would post it but I don't remember what setting I made the final gear after I adjusted the max speed, then final gear again. My gears are slightly longer than Rajmans and a lot of other people, but gears aren't crucial in the 2J at 600PP as powerband is super wide so it's just what you feel comfortable with. The only recommendation is making sure you get very close to the limiter in 3rd gear.
It feels cool having your own unique gears on your car anyway :D

i've grinded this car for 16,000klm. There is very little advantage gained. Only the body rigidity deterioration helped

How do you grind 2J? I'm using Route X with ds3 and elastic bands, but it flies off the surface in the corners and can't be left out unattended. Any ideas on that?

.....Two days ago I was using Hotsaucer's tune with no problem then tried the other settings below it on his post, again no drama. Today I put the first tune back on and what happens. Brake for the second and third corners and it swaps ends in an instant, go near the shoulder and it will grab the brake nearest and it's goodnight nurse.....I'll have a pill and a good lie down.:grumpy:

If the handling has changed, it's probably down to the weather - makes a big difference on this TT. I found the same thing the other day, noticed that the weather was cloudy, went out of the event then back in, sunshine this time and the car was more stable and faster!

Try it, it really does work.

Agreed. Last time I was on this I was lucky to get within half a second of my time. Often finding it hard to brake and turn at some corners. Put it down to just having a crappy day on the sticks. Looked at the weather (yes, cloudy) and remembered that TRL_Andromeda mentioned the weather was affecting the (just finished) tsukuba TT. Tried going in and out a couple of times but kept getting similar conditions so packed it in for the night. Was too much hassle.......so then raced the XJ13 at Nurburgring :D

How do you grind 2J? I'm using Route X with ds3 and elastic bands, but it flies off the surface in the corners and can't be left out unattended. Any ideas on that?

I use a shoelace. loop at each end. tie the acceletator first, put the other loop around the directional one twice. that leaves you a large loop. i hang my guitar strap through that, and its just a question of finding the sweet spot so it turns left at the corners. works a treat. keep the speed to about 380 on the straights and it should turn. i can leave it indefinitely it does not crash.

I use a shoelace. loop at each end. tie the acceletator first, put the other loop around the directional one twice. that leaves you a large loop. i hang my guitar strap through that, and its just a question of finding the sweet spot so it turns left at the corners. works a treat. keep the speed to about 380 on the straights and it should turn. i can leave it indefinitely it does not crash. route x

Sorry computer playing up for the double post.

My favorite car on a fun track. But i'm struggle with my setup. I buy a new 2J yesterday but i cant find a good tune. I'm grinding that car now. I see tunes here with 83kg ballast, But if i using the high turbo i must use 133 kg ballast. So who can tell me?

Turbo? I drive without turbo.
Have also not seen a replay in the Top10, which is driven with Turbo?

81 kg - Position +35%
Well thats interesting. My record: 1:19.333 i drive with a high turbo. How can you see somebody use a turbo or not?

My favorite car on a fun track. But i'm struggle with my setup. I buy a new 2J yesterday but i cant find a good tune. I'm grinding that car now. I see tunes here with 83kg ballast, But if i using the high turbo i must use 133 kg ballast. So who can tell me?
Don't use the turbo, add 80/88 kg (it depends on where you place it) and then regulate the limiter. This is the way to optimize the kg/hp ratio 👍

Don't use the turbo, add 80/88 kg (it depends on where you place it) and then regulate the limiter. This is the way to optimize the kg/hp ratio 👍
thanks, I'm grinding so i think a 1:18 is possible for me. I hope so because this is my favorite car.

I didn't say who ad nauseam is. I said, what it means.

au·se·am
ad ˈnôzēəm/
adverb
  1. referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome.

👍

How can you see somebody use a turbo or not?

Yes! The use of the turbo is quite simple.
If a turbo is installed, then a display for the charging pressure is to the right of the speedometer.
Otherwise there is no display, if no turbo has been inserted.

Have attached in the appendix also two pictures, where one can see well.
Left picture is with turbo. Right image is without turbo.

Attachments

• Mit Turbo.jpg
    Mit Turbo.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 52
  • ohne Turbo.jpg
    ohne Turbo.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 51
I didn't say who ad nauseam is. I said, what it means.

au·se·am
ad ˈnôzēəm/
adverb
  1. referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome.

👍

Cory that's just downright rude, I mean downright rude. This ring a bell mate.🤬:cheers::gtpflag:

Playing this TT for the 1st time today.
With some 20 odd runs & modifications through tunes, just posted a best time 1:20:453 for a 454th rank.
Somehow I do nice with 2J. Being in top 500 ranking is an accomplishment by itself.
Turns 2 & 3 are the hardest to nail perfectly. A fun track with the washing machine car!

I want to give a huge 👍👍👍👍👍 to @ GT_Rajman for the tune on the 2J. I have never liked this track but in this car with this tune I really enjoyed it. I ran 3 red laps at 1:26 and on my 4th lap ran a 1:24. This is the first time I have ever been faster than 2 of my friends. I'm usually chasing their ghosts but this time the good Lord was surely with me. I never learned to properly insert links so here is the tune if anyone is interested.

New Setup to 2J 497hp/600PP

Suspension
65/45
11.85/14.30
4/6
4/7
7/7
0.0/1.0
0.10/0.30

Brakes
6/5

LSD