600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Streets of Willow Springs

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 86 comments
Maybe they r so busy with the GT Sport that they don't have time to arrange some new events...kkkkk
I hope so.... That game would be amazing. But it must be GT. not only perfect graphics with **** gameplay...

Look at the soccer games. It's beautiful but **** at the same time. I hope they found the right way.

Big THANK YOU to @Kossie for the tune on the 2J. I was able to run a 1:05.737 on my 3rd lap. The 1st 2 were red laps and Gold on my 3rd lap. 20170128_161803.jpg 20170128_161735.jpg I've never gotten a Gold in just 3 laps. Now all I need to do is find .7 sec for a Gold at Suzuka. Awesome tune @Kossie 👍:cheers:

Man, I can't drive this track for isht. Spent an hour playing with different tunes, trying to get a decent time, still no luck, this just isn't my track. I'll say that Igor and Kossie both presented better tunes than my own, but I'm faster with mine, and I'm sure it comes down to the transmission allowing me to be smoother, as it gets much better traction in all situations. I used Igor's trans for Kossie's tune, BTW.

Anyway, if you are struggling to put the power down, please try my trans.

TS = 186
1st = 1.390
2nd = 10.10
3rd = .802
FDR = 3700

I'm sure I have a little left, but I'm not going after it. Cheers to you guys turning 57's!!!

January%202014%202j.jpg

Some fun cars can set top 2000 times here, not just TS030 or 2J.
  • 1:02.389 Ferrari 330 P4 '67 (fastest is using Active Steering: Strong)
  • 1:02.745 Honda HSV-010 GT500 Base Model (1:02 fastest time other that the terrible twosome BUT using Active Steering: Strong)
  • 1:02.913 (BenMillard!) Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car (concept car from GT1, where it was the "LM Edition", Praiano tune with oil change 595pp, massive rotation great for DS3 drivers)
  • Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car (another concept, might be easier for wheel users)
Controls
Standard PS3 DS3, stick steering and gas, L2 brake, L1+R1 gear change.
Controller Sensitivity: 7 (max)
Traction Control: 0 (yay!)
ABS: 1
Active Steering: OFF
Up-shift before red line. Don't up-shift if you are about to brake. (Hold 5th end of back straight for more agility than 6th.)
V-shaped lines with 0% brake and 0% gas through the middle phase is fine. About as fast as careful inputs on the tighter, grippier line. After more laps the tighter lines seem faster but partial inputs much harder to co-ordinate through direction changes.

Stats
595pp
565bhp
980kg
50:50
56.2kgfm

Suspension
90 70 (started 90 80)
9.33 13.29
1 1
1 1
6 6 (springs are quite stiff, track quite contoured)
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.00

Racing Brakes
6 6 (oversteer on braking use 20% trail-braking with careful transition to 20% gas then ease up to 100% gas, twitch adjustments as needed)

Power
Oil Change
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
No other parts available

Gearbox
Not sure how I ended up with these, most likely the standard 'tranny trick'.
Final: Probably starts towards the right.
Max Speed: 210km/h (not quite all the way left)
1: 2.750 (nearly full left)
2: 2.000 (nearly full left; maybe a bit right would get faster upshift from 1st?)
3: 1.625
4: 1.350
5: 1.150
6: 1.000 (not used)
Final: 3.500

Drivetrain
Standard works pretty well! This small change increased agility and helped traction during exit phase of tighter corners.
Initial: 10 10
Accel: 20 30
Brake: 10 20
Torque split: 33:67

Body
350 450 (max front, half rear, overlap some gas with full brake after back straight for stability and don't use 100% steering input over the crested approach)
@8l23ub I'm a few tenths faster than you with the FTO after less than 20 laps. Give it a try! DS3 solidarity. 👍

EDIT: Tagging a few more friends. @buybon355 @Benny44 @Ash9414 @Daduce1947 @GTsail @Sparkz_360 @BEllis7979 @gt6champnk69 @easy9 @tarnheld

Last edited:
Finally got to have a go at these Seasonals.
Broke my foot, so it's been a bit tricky.
Started out with the TS030 for a Silver but was never gonna get any better with this damn foot so I thought I'd better have a go with the 2J and got it pretty soon.

Now to see if I can get it at Suzuka in anything other than a Gixer.

Finally got to have a go at these Seasonals.
Broke my foot, so it's been a bit tricky.
Started out with the TS030 for a Silver but was never gonna get any better with this damn foot so I thought I'd better have a go with the 2J and got it pretty soon.

Now to see if I can get it at Suzuka in anything other than a Gixer.
Try the M3 CSL. That's my chosen ride for that event!

Some fun cars can set top 2000 times here, not just TS030 or 2J.
  • 1:02.389 Ferrari 330 P4 '67 (fastest is using Active Steering: Strong)
  • 1:02.745 Honda HSV-010 GT500 Base Model (1:02 fastest time other that the terrible twosome BUT using Active Steering: Strong)
  • 1:02.913 (BenMillard!) Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car (concept car from GT1, where it was the "LM Edition", Praiano tune with oil change 595pp, massive rotation great for DS3 drivers)
  • Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car (another concept, might be easier for wheel users)
Controls
Standard PS3 DS3, stick steering and gas, L2 brake, L1+R1 gear change.
Controller Sensitivity: 7 (max)
Traction Control: 0 (yay!)
ABS: 1
Active Steering: OFF
Up-shift before red line. Don't up-shift if you are about to brake. (Hold 5th end of back straight for more agility than 6th.)
V-shaped lines with 0% brake and 0% gas through the middle phase is fine. About as fast as careful inputs on the tighter, grippier line. After more laps the tighter lines seem faster but partial inputs much harder to co-ordinate through direction changes.

Stats
595pp
565bhp
980kg
50:50
56.2kgfm

Suspension
90 70 (started 90 80)
9.33 13.29
1 1
1 1
6 6 (springs are quite stiff, track quite contoured)
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.00

Racing Brakes
6 6 (oversteer on braking use 20% trail-braking with careful transition to 20% gas then ease up to 100% gas, twitch adjustments as needed)

Power
Oil Change
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
No other parts available

Gearbox
Not sure how I ended up with these, most likely the standard 'tranny trick'.
Final: Probably starts towards the right.
Max Speed: 210km/h (not quite all the way left)
1: 2.750 (nearly full left)
2: 2.000 (nearly full left; maybe a bit right would get faster upshift from 1st?)
3: 1.625
4: 1.350
5: 1.150
6: 1.000 (not used)
Final: 3.500

Drivetrain
Standard works pretty well! This small change increased agility and helped traction during exit phase of tighter corners.
Initial: 10 10
Accel: 20 30
Brake: 10 20
Torque split: 33:67

Body
350 450 (max front, half rear, overlap some gas with full brake after back straight for stability and don't use 100% steering input over the crested approach)
@8l23ub I'm a few tenths faster than you with the FTO after less than 20 laps. Give it a try! DS3 solidarity. 👍
Thanks BenMillard :cheers: and I will try your FTO and I see what I can do with it using my wheel, I forgot I can use other cars than the 2J.

Last edited:
Try the igor tune today. Not my kind of tune. But change the gears helps me alot today: 0.070 improvement....:lol:

This is a close tt. I drive a red 57.4 lap so i know i can make that. Last turns are tricky :nervous::crazy:

I just can not get into these 2 TTs once I get Gold, I think it is because they are repeated events and not worth doing anymore.
Im the same way. I am not as motivated to "take down" the leader because the reward is already done! I wish they would make it so you got paid everytime you improved your OWN time after gold.. u know? then itd be an incentive..

Im the same way. I am not as motivated to "take down" the leader because the reward is already done! I wish they would make it so you got paid everytime you improved your OWN time after gold.. u know? then itd be an incentive..

If they place a reward each time you improve your lap, you could make a lot of lap a bit faster than gold but far away from your limit.
E.g. In this event the gold time is 1.07. If you are able to make 1.00 you could get 20 rewards by improving 3 tenths per lap gradually, before starting to drive seriously.

Climbing the ranking is, and rightly so, just for your personal proud IMO :gtpflag:

alright so like the GSX/R, thx. wonder how long it would take with oil change. only 1 way to find out i guess

I try a normal 2J today, Its almost the same, With no dirty oil its faster in the turns. So its not a big deal on this track i think.

Back