600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Streets of Willow Springs

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 86 comments
This is such a weird race for me, I keep going back to it, but I'm not making any huge strides, just a few tenths here and there. The weirdest part is that I'll chill on the first lap, just trying to drive smooth and pull a 1:00.5xx, then the next 10 laps hammer it and not do any better. And I've done this 10 times at least, first lap is the fastest. Really, I'm done.

Done%202j.jpg

This is such a weird race for me, I keep going back to it, but I'm not making any huge strides, just a few tenths here and there. The weirdest part is that I'll chill on the first lap, just trying to drive smooth and pull a 1:00.5xx, then the next 10 laps hammer it and not do any better. And I've done this 10 times at least, first lap is the fastest. Really, I'm done.

Done%202j.jpg
I'm in the same canoe, nearly same times and all. Found it better to post faster laps just chillin':cheers:

Done%202j.jpg
I totally understand what you mean. My first lap is usually the best one for me too. It's when I try so hard to lower my time only to continue get slower. That's why once I gold a TT I don't usually go back. Granted I'm not in the same class of driver that you are but it does help me to know even the best have a similar problem. Keep up the good work.👍👍.

Hello people I have spent ages on this event and have got a 58.635 rd here. But sry for any hassle but does anyone have a setup i could try that should b able to get a 57 easily using a controller at all?

Hello! Weeks ago we had a great conversation about the DS3 Vs Steering Wheel debate. After years playing a lot the game with both controller and wheel, I decided to do a video with all I know. Tell me what you think, and also how do you find my english :P I try to compare both forms of playing the game from a competitive perspective, having in mind always the useful info that seasonal time trials give to this debate. The leaderboards shown in the video were taken from mygranturismo.net

Hello people I have spent ages on this event and have got a 58.635 rd here. But sry for any hassle but does anyone have a setup i could try that should b able to get a 57 easily using a controller at all?
There are some setups here. Be aware that's the thread for a previous incarnation of the same event so come back to this thread if you need to post again about this event. 👍

Also, spelling and grammar need to be used as properly as possible on GTP so spelling out full words is preferred to "sry" & "b". 👍

I have a time from 1:00,812 good for position 742 atm but i need a tune for my gears.
I think 0:59 is possible for me

1:00,336

Last edited:
I have a time of 0:59,734; good for position 359.
I'm happy because normally i just gold them.
Goiing to try for 0:58.

58.103 - 60th atm

57 club is quite close but I have to consolidate my last turn geometry since it is still a lottery so far.

ciao

I need a better tune

Here's mine (updated*), it's not great but it'll give decent lap times. Not a fan of this track with 600pp race cars, just feels too tight and short but I'll take any excuse to sling the 2J around :D

Body Rigidity: Installed*

Suspension
65/45*
9.00/17.00*
1/1
1/1
6/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/-0.30*

Brake balance
4/9

LSD

Power
72.2%

Downforce
Balast 83KG at 50%

Last edited:
Here's mine, it's not great but it'll give decent lap times. Not a fan of this track with 600pp race cars, just feels too tight and short but I'll take any excuse to sling the 2J around :D

Improved Body Rigidity: Not Installed

Suspension
65/52
10.00/max
1/1
1/1
6/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/-0.45

Brake balance
4/9

LSD

Power
72.2%

Downforce
Balast 83KG at 50%

Thx i'm goiing to give it a try when i get home tonight.

It's my second serious day on this time trial and I already reached my target laptime (sub 59).
Problem is, my second sector was so fast that I have serious trouble matching it. This is going to be very hard to replicate that let alone improving...

0:58.023 - 59th ATM... smelling 0:57 club...

EDIT: 0:57.869 - 48th ATM

I started this TT w/ a very light 2J (around 850kg) but day-by-day I discovered that a heavier car can facilitate my DS3 driving. Indeed this last record has been done with 895kg.

Thanks to the shared @hotsaucer setup (weight > 900kg) I have the confirmation to put further ballast for the next laps...

Last edited:
Quite a big improvement from last year, managed to join the '56 club(just), and can see alot more in it with a good lap.

Started out with my setup from last year and thought it was too snappy when on the throttle. Moved some settings towards what IOF racing suggested, car felt better in some corners, but had some very bad understeer in other corners and it felt slower overall. Moved on to hotsaucer's settings, wich is basically the same as my old one, but with more weight, and less LSD lock. this put me in the right direction, car felt very good, really fast, and I spent a long time with this, but after a while when I got used to the car, I started to feel understeer again, put on more rear negative toe (-0.35) and LSD accel. lock (14), this did the trick.

So in the end I had a car that was more violent and snappy than what i initially had, wich I thought was too snappy. Most of the time was definitely found with the radically increased weight. I think you can put on even more weight, and even more toe and LSD lock, and it will get even faster, just have to learn to handle it, as the car get more and more jerky. :)

EDIT: full setup:

Suspension:
Ride height: 65/45
Spring rate: 7.74/18.53
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 1/1
Anti-roll bars: 6/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.10/-0.30
Brake balance: 6/9

Transmisson:
Reset to default, set final gear to 3000, then set max speed to 220km/h
1'st: 2.420
2'nd: 1.900
3'rd: 1.490
Final gear: 2.500

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 14
Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
No power parts
No oilchange
Limiter at 72.5%

Body:
Ballast: 89kg
Ballast Position: +50%
No body rigidity

Thanks @hotsaucer for the help:cheers:

Last edited:
Been cruising around Willow in a few cars to see how they faired.......the dry air making for some great driving.

As posted on Page 2 (post #51), managed 1:03.5 with the Calsonic Impul.

Then used the C60 Hybride for a 1:02.8 (no pic).

Moved onto the TS030 for a faster time but couldn't quite break the 1:01 barrier.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Lastly stepped into the 2J.

FullSizeRender2.jpg

Initially used the tune that was on the car from the Red Bull Ring TT (my tweaks) but couldn't get it to turn properly in some of the corners. So used the Ride Height and Dampers/ARBs from @Kossie's posted tune and they worked a treat 👍

Thanks Kossie :cheers:

Last edited:
Quite a big improvement from last year, managed to join the '56 club(just), and can see alot more in it with a good lap.

Started out with my setup from last year and thought it was too snappy when on the throttle. Moved some settings towards what IOF racing suggested, car felt better in some corners, but had some very bad understeer in other corners and it felt slower overall. Moved on to hotsaucer's settings, wich is basically the same as my old one, but with more weight, and less LSD lock. this put me in the right direction, car felt very good, really fast, and I spent a long time with this, but after a while when I got used to the car, I started to feel understeer again, put on more rear negative toe (-0.35) and LSD accel. lock (14), this did the trick.

So in the end I had a car that was more violent and snappy than what i initially had, wich I thought was too snappy. Most of the time was definitely found with the radically increased weight. I think you can put on even more weight, and even more toe and LSD lock, and it will get even faster, just have to learn to handle it, as the car get more and more jerky. :)

EDIT: full setup:

Suspension:
Ride height: 65/45
Spring rate: 7.74/18.53
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 1/1
Anti-roll bars: 6/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.10/-0.30
Brake balance: 6/9

Transmisson:
Reset to default, set final gear to 3000, then set max speed to 220km/h
1'st: 2.420
2'nd: 1.900
3'rd: 1.490
Final gear: 2.500

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 14
Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
No power parts
No oilchange
Limiter at 72.5%

Body:
Ballast: 89kg
Ballast Position: +50%
No body rigidity

Thanks @hotsaucer for the help:cheers:
Nice tune, And try it. But you guys are from another planet :bowdown:

56 is very very fast 👍

:lol: This doesn't happen.....

IMG_7336.JPG

Anyway, used the base gear settings that @TRL_Andromeda posted above. By base I mean that I set both final gears and the top speed as per instructured but changed the individual gear settings. I was finding that first gear was a little twitchy for me coming out of some of the tighter corners.

Here is what I used...

1st: 2.334
2nd: 1.878
3rd: 1.530

The changes are nothing to write home about but they helped in being more compliant to my 'style'.

:cheers: for posting

Last edited:
I have been stuck on a time of 0:59,486 for place 344.
I can do atleast half a second better but always lose it at the end.
I'm goiing to give it a last chance today, want to go into the 58.

30 minutes, of this wasn't enough for top 10 for me :lol:

I was going to do it again while I had 1 more chance then I went to a night club and got smashed :lol:

willowTT.jpg

Finally into top 100! That's a first time for me.
I suspect the car/track combination was much more forgiving to ds3 users, but still I am proud of this result.
On paper, there was a slight chance for dipping into 57s, but it would require an ideal lap with all my best sectors. That ofcourse never happens. Second sector posed a challenge here, only a few times I managed to do it in 14.5, which I think was the key here for me.

Hope to repeat that kind of result again.

Some videos of this TT:

IOF-RACING´s lap (Steering wheel cam):

My lap with DS3 and no ABS, finishing 68th:

Comparision between my lap with DS3 and with Wheel both without ABS:

Soon TRL_IMMORTAL will upload his WR so I´ll put it on this post

Back