6th Gen Chevrolet Camaro: 2017 ZL1, Z/28

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 1,021 comments
How "updated" can the new platform be to note how the Alpha platform is being phased out in comparison when the CT4 is the same exact car with new front and rear clips?

I've already given up on GM but if they end the Camaro I may have to give up on them...harder.

This is a weird one
"Cibolet Camaro" which landed in 2016 as the sixth model to inherit tradition and has undergone a major update in 2020, with a limited edition with a vividlypid blue exterior color that gives off an overwhelming presence. The model "RAPID BLUE EDITION" is now available. 20 units have been introduced as special models only in Japan, and will be released on September 8.
Based on the aluminum skeleton that achieved significant weight reduction and rigidity compared to the previous generation, the sixth generation, which left a strong impression of a "pony car" representing the brand from anywhere, is equipped with a direct injection downsizing turbo for the first time in the series. It also had an advanced image.
Based on the axle grade "LT RS" equipped with the 2-liter in-line 4-cylinder direct injection turbo (275PS/400Nm), the limited model that further enhances the fearless and sporty image of Camaro is this Rapid Blue E. It will be a dision.

The biggest feature is the appearance of the Rapid Blue, which has a striking blue tone and black rally stripes tighten the whole, highlighting the sporty and powerful image.
On the other hand, the interior uses a ceramic white leather seat trim, which is a limited color. Even during driving, it was decorated with a color coordination that strongly impressed me that it was a special one.
As mentioned above, this Rapid Blue Edition is a special model only in Japan, and the number of units introduced is limited to 20 units. To commemorate its appearance, a fair titled "CAMARO BEAST DRIVING FAIR" will also be held at Chevrolet authorized dealers nationwide on the weekend from September 23 (Friday, national holiday) to Sunday, September 25 (Sunday).
At each store during the exhibition, we will draw an original key visual with American art with the theme of "FIND THE BEAST WITHIN" which is the concept of Camaro's global campaign. As the third limited promotion in Japan, American POP was adopted by manga artist and illustrator Mihei Hirado.
The special image depicts an American hero wearing a mask inspired by the front face of Camaro, with Mt. Fuji, Hachiko, Tokyo Tower, etc., and the beast (beast) springing from the inside is full of playfulness. It has been appeared.
On the website and SNS, animations where heroes move are also released, and after making advance reservations from the site, this key visual was drawn for those who wish to test drive "Cibolet Camaro" at the store during this fair period. Malo's original tote bag will also be presented (limited model test ride is not available).
All cars are equipped with an 8-speed AT with a paddle shift with a left-hand drive, and at the feet, the Rapid Blue Edic is equipped with sports suspension, Brembo's high-performance brake system, and 20-inch aluminum wheels. The price of yun is 6.6 million yen (tax included).
4D82E269-5915-489A-B969-0CB0795218FA.jpeg

1EA1B70E-EFAC-453D-BDA8-80899BEA546E.jpeg

Last edited:
The 6th gen Camaro is dead

After nine strong model years in the market, with hundreds of thousands sold, the sixth generation Chevrolet Camaro will retire at the conclusion of model year 2024.The final sixth generation Camaros will come off the assembly line at the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant in Michigan in January 2024.

There'll be a Collectors Edition this summer

2024-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-collectors-edition-pkg-001.jpg

2024-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-collectors-edition-pkg-002.jpg

2024-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-collectors-edition-pkg-003.jpg

Chevrolet will celebrate this storied nameplate with the addition of the Collector’s Edition package on the 2024 Camaro RS and SS, and on a limited number of ZL1 equipped vehicles available in North America. The Collector’s Edition pays homage to Camaro, resurfacing ties that date back to the development of the first generation Camaro in the 1960s, most notably the program’s initial code name: Panther.

More information on the 2024 Camaro line and Collector’s Edition package will be available closer to the start of orders this summer.

I mean, they need something to compete with the Mustang Mach-E and they'll probably put some stupid name on it like IROC-E.
Too Middle Eastern
I-KROC

I'll miss the Camaro. While I only wound up with an SS as a rental once, the base model was kind of fun to drive, once you got over those massive blind spots and the gun-slit windshield.

I thought I would enjoy it the least of the pony cars; but it was a surprising opposite to expectations. I wasn't sitting in a bathtub like one might in the Mustang (though they seemed to remedy a little in the latest re-do a few years back) or the enclosed canoe-like imbalance of a Challenger.

However, the base Camaro was probably the cheapest-looking on the inside, though years of driving a Neon and Scion makes me look past it if they're not a total penalty box and have just enough comfort without distractions.

Last edited:
GM decided to put the Commodore nameplate onto a soulless, Ill-fitting vehicle in Australia and that turned out ok.

Wait, no it didn’t. They didn’t sell, destroyed decades of good will and killed the entire manufacturer within a couple years.

Camaro is arguably an even more important nameplate. Whatever they put it on, it better not 🤬 off the diehards.

Camaro is arguably an even more important nameplate. Whatever they put it on, it better not 🤬 off the diehards.
I think the way they've worded it - 'killing' the Camaro and saying the name will reappear, points to it being put on something not very Camaroish. Otherwise they'd just be refering to it as the seventh-gen Camaro :indiff:

I think the way they've worded it - 'killing' the Camaro and saying the name will reappear, points to it being put on something not very Camaroish. Otherwise they'd just be refering to it as the seventh-gen Camaro :indiff:
I think we all know it’s gonna be electric, it’s just the matter of how to do it properly. A Mach-E crossover thing isn’t what Camaro fans want. They’ll want an exciting, 2 door, low slung coupe. Same as they’ve wanted (and bought) for nearly 60 years.

I think we all know it’s gonna be electric, it’s just the matter of how to do it properly. A Mach-E crossover thing isn’t what Camaro fans want. They’ll want an exciting, 2 door, low slung coupe. Same as they’ve wanted (and bought) for nearly 60 years.
The pool of customers who will buy a 2-door low slung coupe is a lot smaller (and relentlessly dwindling) than the pool of customers who will buy a practical vehicle that has a name associated with youth and fun. The marketing team is gonna win this one. Camaro sales have nosedived in the last 5 (even plunging 50% between 2018 and 2022) years, not helped by really poor facelifts I think. Even Mustang sales have cratered. The segment is dying. The Mustang is far more of a halo product for Ford than the Camaro has ever been for GM where it's just been a segment competitor for its entire existance. Ford keeps making the Mustang because it is part of the brand heritage just as much as the F150 is. For GM, I think its a far more calculated decision.

This was precisely my thought.

Last edited:
People who want an exciting low slung two door coupe already weren't buying Camaros no matter how much better they were rated by auto mags than the Mustang or Challenger. They were buying Mustangs and Challengers or the Japanese competition. GM doesn't lose anything by trotting out C7 Corvette styling again and forcing it on an SUV and calling it a Camaro that they didn't already lose by introducing a car that was so identical to a previous generation car from a decade prior (down to completely replicating its most notable flaws) that they had to do two emergency restyle jobs on it within 3 years.

Last edited:
I mean hey it might not be too much of a stretch to say they might do what Dodge is doing and revive the Camaro nameplate for an electric muscle car? We can have a little bit of faith, right?

The pool of customers who will buy a 2-door low slung coupe is a lot smaller (and relentlessly dwindling) than the pool of customers who will buy a practical vehicle that has a name associated with youth and fun. The marketing team is gonna win this one.
and that's one of the things about the car market today that I hate. The death of the coupe market and just having CUVs exist in its place.

Last edited:
and that's one of the things about the car market today that I hate. The death of the coupe market and just having CUVs exist in its place.
It's all cyclical. Who's buying the majority of new cars right now, especially the pricier ones?

It's not boomers who are in retirement and either buying at the really spendy end, or are not spending anything
It's not Gen X because they are a relatively small cohort
It's not Gen Z because they don't have any money
It's Millenials. And what are Millenials doing right now? They're all having kids. In 10-15 years when this group has a little more time to themselves and some existential crises, I expect we'll see a resurgence of sports cars, not unlike the late 90s early 00s when the boomers were buying every sporty car offered to them.

It's Millennials. And what are Millennials doing right now? They're all having kids. In 10-15 years when this group has a little more time to themselves and some existential crises, I expect we'll see a resurgence of sports cars, not unlike the late 90s early 00s when the boomers were buying every sporty car offered to them.
Yeah, I know that; my generation is out there with children; of course they need vehicles for them. and with how things are in the world now, having money for both a sports car and a practical car is unrealistic.

It just makes me feel upset, because it means there's less likely a car out there for me; especially since the CUVs & SUVs have huge popularity for various reasons.

Last edited:
The pool of customers who will buy a 2-door low slung coupe is a lot smaller (and relentlessly dwindling) than the pool of customers who will buy a practical vehicle that has a name associated with youth and fun. The marketing team is gonna win this one. Camaro sales have nosedived in the last 5 (even plunging 50% between 2018 and 2022) years, not helped by really poor facelifts I think. Even Mustang sales have cratered. The segment is dying. The Mustang is far more of a halo product for Ford than the Camaro has ever been for GM where it's just been a segment competitor for its entire existance. Ford keeps making the Mustang because it is part of the brand heritage just as much as the F150 is. For GM, I think its a far more calculated decision.

This was precisely my thought.
With the “skateboard” platforms of modern EVs, is it really too much to ask for both? A sporty 2 door halo muscle car, and a shudders crossover on the same platform?

Latest Posts

Back