7/4/12 - A-Spec: Expert Level Ferrari Formula Challenge

This event is a blast! I recently finished the 24hr Nurburgring (B-spec) in second. With a level 24 ticket I received the F2007. I used it stock @869PP and with more skill I could have won the races. So far, the best I've done was 3rd place on Indy Road Course. I was surprised at how fluidly this car drives! It's smooth out-in-out even for an inexperienced driver like myself. I might try one of the tunes posted here. However, it looks as if driver skill is the main issue here.

This is the best seasonal! Been working my way down through the PP on the Eifel race: currently 755pp, earning a smidge over 4million Cr. I reach 1st place on lap 8, so there is still room for improvement.

I've found that as you lower the PP, the F10 sticks more to the track meaning that so many corners are flat out.

I'm out to purchase the Red Bull X2010 in all colours! 5 down.....

This event is a blast! I recently finished the 24hr Nurburgring (B-spec) in second. With a level 24 ticket I received the F2007. I used it stock @869PP and with more skill I could have won the races. So far, the best I've done was 3rd place on Indy Road Course. I was surprised at how fluidly this car drives! It's smooth out-in-out even for an inexperienced driver like myself. I might try one of the tunes posted here. However, it looks as if driver skill is the main issue here.

I love this Seasonal; it's so fun to see how low all of you can go, and it's real test of your driving skills if you go below 840PP. But that's only if you've some experience with the F1 cars.

I'm going to try and see if I can beat the Nürburgring event sometime soon.

Oh, and Kimball...winning with 737PP is a clear sign that you're insane. And I mean that in a very GOOD way. Huge props for a true demonstration of skill.

Wow this is the most fun I had playing GT in a long time! Amazing event! I hope it stays for a long time.

What's your PSN?
And got any tips? I've tried and failed with mine many times.

PSN - bagmup

Only tip is practice, practice, practice...I still haven't managed to win Nurburg or Eifel but i've just had shoulder surgery and the F1 makes it hurt using a wheel :lol: but i've won a few times at indy @ 800pp for grinding.

I found the F2007 worked much better for me than the F10...much more stable. And I'm not experienced with the F1's in the game so far.
Won indy my first time with the F2007!
I think I might be doing better with it because I used it a good amount in prologue though...
The cockpit view for the F2007 here is weird, all zoomed in. Was wider in prologue. But I digress.

Got my F2007 to 799pp on Eifel, really pleased to break through the 800p barrier, still have 3 or 4 seconds to play with :)

Anyone else have an F1 up for share? Bagmup took his off share :(

Whoops, sorry mate, i was farming Indy last night and forgot to put it back up, will rectify now. :)

I have an addiction to LM cars so need money to fuel the addiction.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why I can't drive these cars!!! I consistently place top 1000 in the online TT but every f1 challenge absolutely kills me. I golded Rome and the second race right away but the ring and Tokyo just piss me off to no end! What's the secret to driving these things. They don't feel like a car to me... More like a spaceship

Oh, and Kimball...winning with 737PP is a clear sign that you're insane. And I mean that in a very GOOD way. Huge props for a true demonstration of skill.

Wow, thanks mate, truly honored to read that. I sent some friend requests to some of you guys with kind words for me :)

Now something else !!! I wanted to bring up about the camera view on the Ferrari F1 cars - ok I drive on the "helmet" view (where you can see the top of the guy's head) because I don't like cockpit view since I use a wheel. Not ideal, but the F1 doesn't have a view like the FGT where it's just the nose and wheels. Or so I thought until tonight...

Go into a replay of a race, select the view where you're seeing the rear wing, then hold down the button to reverse the view (for me, left paddle) and LOOK AT THAT VIEW of just the nose and wheels! Why oh why can't we have THAT view to drive from?? Utterly beautiful - it's astonishing that it only appears from reversing rear wing view in replay! Am I missing something? :crazy:

I really don't understand why I can't drive these cars!!! I consistently place top 1000 in the online TT but every f1 challenge absolutely kills me. I golded Rome and the second race right away but the ring and Tokyo just piss me off to no end! What's the secret to driving these things. They don't feel like a car to me... More like a spaceship

Manual transmission was killing me at first, I missed the apex of every corner because I was paying so much attention to being in the right gear. Golded them with automatic and enjoyed the hell out of it. Might go back to manual now and try them again with no pressure.

Eezee
Manual transmission was killing me at first, I missed the apex of every corner because I was paying so much attention to being in the right gear. Golded them with automatic and enjoyed the hell out of it. Might go back to manual now and try them again with no pressure.

Too many gears and too close of shifts for me to be using a manual

Tokyo is a blast to play with the F1 since you go at maxspeed almost the entire track, its just have to learn where to break and the corners even on a dual shock controller its not hard to master it. I dont even tune my f1 cars i put max downforce at them and i can win gold on either f2007 or f10, i dont understand how it can be difficult to master the cars.. its not an X1 thats an impossible car to drive really..

I'm no master so feel free to take this with a grain of salt:

I usually double tap when I down shift in these cars. You can brake late and double tap the downshift to maximize speed.

GT5-F1-reverse-nose.jpg

This is what I was talking about. How do I set my view to that so I don't have to look at another steering wheel on the screen but can see the front wheels?? Or was I right in observing that PD actually put this magnificent camera view in a place that will almost never be used?

I find I brake less - sometimes a little lift is all you need. As you lower the PP, the downforce comes into its own. Get the nose in early and a lot of corners become flat out.

I find I brake less - sometimes a little lift is all you need. As you lower the PP, the downforce comes into its own. Get the nose in early and a lot of corners become flat out.

I found the F10 easier to control @ 800pp than 870pp, like you said you can really shove the nose into the corners at a lower pp.

I love this Seasonal; it's so fun to see how low all of you can go, and it's real test of your driving skills if you go below 840PP. But that's only if you've some experience with the F1 cars.

I'm going to try and see if I can beat the Nürburgring event sometime soon.

👍👍👍

randoloid

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_wlsAJ-VMA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you've never actually watched or followed F1 IRL, it helps tremendously to watch the pros do it, especially in an identical car. Watch some F1 onboard videos like the one I posted above of the F10, and you'll get an idea of how these cars need to be handled, and what they're really capable of.

Afrodeezy
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_wlsAJ-VMA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you've never actually watched or followed F1 IRL, it helps tremendously to watch the pros do it, especially in an identical car. Watch some F1 onboard videos like the one I posted above of the F10, and you'll get an idea of how these cars need to be handled, and what they're really capable of.

Thanks to all for the advice. Many good tips that I intend to try. Does anyone else find it hard to see the track at Tokyo?

Thanks to all for the advice. Many good tips that I intend to try. Does anyone else find it hard to see the track at Tokyo?

There are a few blind corners but after you run several laps on the
Tokyo R246 Reverse you'll start to think ahead two or three corners.

USARMYCOMBATVET

This ^^

Also, if you're running cockpit cam, switch to the roof cam, it gives you much better visibility, and you can see each corner much better.

USARMYCOMBATVET

Wise advice.. I found that turning on the racing line function helped me find the 'flow' of this circuit. It definatly isn't the fastest way round the circuit, but it helps you get your bearings back when you inevitably get out of shape or run off-line passing someone.

Ok quick follow-up on my posts about the F2007 camera view especially for those like me using "helmet" view - I received some excellent advice from Whistle Snap leading me to do the following:

Options > Multi-Monitor Options (under Hardware, all the way to right), with the following settings:

Multi-Monitor Enabled Mode: Server
IP Address: (left this on whatever it filled in)
Monitor Layout: 1 X 1
Monitor Frame Border: 0%
Angle of Screen Curvature: 0
Adjust Angle of View: 90%

With it on "helmet" view I see a little of the guy's head, but the nose and wheels are the right width now. The 90% is a compromise between depth of field/height vs. hiding the foreground while maintaining some peripheral, to me it just feels about right for my monitor. More sensation of speed, easier to hit apexes, and certain awkward corners are even easier now. Wish I had known this a long time ago!

Back