7/4/12 - A-Spec: Expert Level Ferrari Formula Challenge

If you turn off ABS you'll find 10/10 a bit shocking ... I do all my Ferrari F1 races with ABS off but the brakes are set more like 3/1. But ABS off isn't easier, for sure :) Overspeed into corners is a good thing to work on - fast corner exits are the main thing you want to go for.

And as you noticed, there's a big gap between the AI cars in 6th and 7th/8th (depending on where you are) so getting stuck in 7th is one of the challenges of this round (especially if you eventually start lowering your pp to the point that top speed is lower than the AI).

I was using this tune(with a few tweaks) I borrowed from some GT5 F1 buddies of mine:

Spring Rate:17.5/17.4
Dampers Extension:7/10
Dampers Compression: 7/10
Anti-Roll Bars:7/7
Camber: F 2.5/R1.0
Toe: (-)0.15/0.20

LSD:5/5/20
ABS: 1
Brakes: 5/5
DF: 105/150

Last edited:
5/5 probably make the car oversteer a lot.

thats the setup i used for 740pp, i only reduce downforce for 738pp, probably not the best setup as the F1 is not my type of car i run normaly and i didnt spent much time on tuning.

IMG_2012.jpg

They all look the same but heres the 738pp run lol
You can see where i slowed down to use the draft instead of overtaking.
2nd lap wasnt that great i could have overtake the leader on the first time i got close to him if i had a better first half of lap...

2nd lap wasnt that great i could have overtake the leader on the first time i got close to him if i had a better first half of lap...

Thanks for posting this. Great driving and great use of draft. That's really low pp!

How many of you "low PP" F1 racers use DS3? I have beat all of them with high 700PP, but I can't get better than 6th on the Nurb' without being hit and spun out. A few times, I got overzealous and spun myself out, but the AI is poorly programmed here, not just F1.

I swear they are over aggressive on my console... I pass in a fair, wide zone, they hit me. Go on the grass a bit and have to make an amazing recovery, they come in at ~180mph and knock me back into the grass or spin me

There are divided in 2 groups, the slowest group is not as agressive, the one in front they will try to overtake you at any time they can.

I finally won with 840pp, got into first just before leaving the GP section. Now I'll try lowering the power and raising the ballast. Took me so, so many tries.

jtqmopar
How many of you "low PP" F1 racers use DS3? I have beat all of them with high 700PP, but I can't get better than 6th on the Nurb' without being hit and spun out. A few times, I got overzealous and spun myself out, but the AI is poorly programmed here, not just F1.

I swear they are over aggressive on my console... I pass in a fair, wide zone, they hit me. Go on the grass a bit and have to make an amazing recovery, they come in at ~180mph and knock me back into the grass or spin me

If you interfere with their driving line, unfortunately there's a good chance you'll be knocked off track so they can save themselves. It seems as if the AI care a bit too much about the driving line and can't adapt to a different line very well.

Usually the AI are actually pretty good at braking and swerving out of my way if I'm stationary in front of them, but this is VERY hit & miss.

Edit-I use a DFGT wheel, but in GT5P, and when I first got GT5 I used DS3, even with Ferrari F1, so I feel your pain man. You can be fast with it, but it takes a lot of getting used to.

Last edited:
I finished all of the other events without problems but the 'Ring is impossible for me!! I keep either getting knocked off the track trying to evade the other cars or somehow go off track and spin out etc etc.. every time. It's so frustrating. I put the game down for a while. I'll give the Nurb another go tomorrow :scared:

Excellent driving and superb tactics mike_gt3! Your decisions of not overtaking made the difference!
I used the same tactic in the Eifel race (730pp).
Regards
George

Excellent driving and superb tactics mike_gt3! Your decisions of not overtaking made the difference!
Regards
George

Can you post a video of your 730pp run?

With a standard F2007 this seasonal is very easy...
I managed to take the lead on the Nordschleife just before the Karussell. on the 1st lap :)

Can you post a video of your 730pp run?

Sorry Mate,
no Video yet. Anyway I attached the credits photo CR$9.430.325.

Settings:
full DF
200kg Ballast
Brakes 5/2
ABS 1
Racing Line On
no other aids.
Rest is stock.

The trick is to avoid overtaking before the straight so that you may draft.
Without drafting on the straight you will have no chance as your top speed is low (~260kph).

Attachments

• Eifel_730.zip
    439.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Regards
George

Thank you! :) it was a lot of fun when you find the pattern of the cars.

Try my tune and put the power at 100% then take ballast off to reach 871pp. Put all aids on with tcs 4 and abs 10 (I'm on a ds3 as well). After a bit of practice you should win with little trouble. Just make sure you change your final gear to adjust for each track. It also helps to really drive deep into the corners and be really hard on your brakes, then get on the throttle early and carry your speed out of the corner. Just takes practice. I went from about the same finishing as you, to winning at 780pp after about a week. So I know it's possible on a ds3. Good luck 👍

Worked perfectly for me and Im a pretty bad driver :-). All circuits, except Nurb, I have managed with no aids (ABS=1) and Shoe's tune with PP under 840. With Nurb, after son 20-30 tries I only managed 7th and usually couldnt finish at all. I was desperate. Then tried Shoe's suggestion on aids and won easily with PP=850.

Latest Posts

Back