7/4/12 - A-Spec: Expert Level Ferrari Formula Challenge

Shoe67
At this point it is either driving skill, or they are dirty racing (bumping cars, cutting corners)

I did dirty driving with out cutting corners with my fully powered f10 because I was so frustrated at that track and I got first.it took me about 40 restarts to get gold

I managed to win with a F2007 at 770 pp at Indy and got 3.2xx.xxx cr and 49x.xxx level points. But you have no second chance if you make a mistake...
Pretty decent payout....more than enough for me.

Last edited:
lldantell
I did dirty driving with out cutting corners with my fully powered f10 because I was so frustrated at that track and I got first.it took me about 40 restarts to get gold

40 is a bit much...

Does anyone have any videos of their personal laps in the Ferrari F1 Challenge? I watch videos of others racing on GT5 to learn. Also, since this race is so fast paced its a rush to watch in overhead cam!

I did Indy @780pp pretty easily. (Bone stock, max ballast and Power Limiter to 780pp)

I took the lead on lap 8 and was able to finish 3-4 seconds ahead.

It nets almost 500k EXP with the 200% Bonus (497,xxx) so it's not bad at all! I'm almost Lv. 40 and it means... PLATINUM TROPHY for this game! Yay! :D

I wish I could see a replay video of 737pp on the Eifel track. I have driven F1 cars a LOT since F1 CE (no assists and 100% race lengths for career mode), so I feel like I know how to handle one, and the best time I can pull on Eifel with 737pp is 1:12:937. Are you cutting corners somehow?

Maybe because I've changed the oil in my car it has more HP and I have to use less wings to get down to 737pp...? That doesn't make sense though, really.

Also, when I set my car to your exact specs it is 741pp.

I could try to at least give a single lap video next time on on the PS3, not sure if I can tape an entire race. It took me many runs to get familiar enough at this track to do it. No corner cutting needed, really wouldn't help here anyway. But now knowing the track really well and with the car so low on pp its very easy to drive. I was running mostly 1:07's, dipping into the 1:06's on drafting.

The car having lots of milage does help too which is why I made it a while back. When power limiting I can run slightly higher hp at a given pp since pp is calculated using the area under the Hp curve. But really its doesn't matter that much since I was in 1st a few laps before the finish line.

I could try to at least give a single lap video next time on on the PS3, not sure if I can tape an entire race. It took me many runs to get familiar enough at this track to do it. No corner cutting needed, really wouldn't help here anyway. But now knowing the track really well and with the car so low on pp its very easy to drive. I was running mostly 1:07's, dipping into the 1:06's on drafting.

The car having lots of milage does help too which is why I made it a while back. When power limiting I can run slightly higher hp at a given pp since pp is calculated using the area under the Hp curve. But really its doesn't matter that much since I was in 1st a few laps before the finish line.

With that setup on Eifel z06fun, when did you take the lead? I mean, in which lap, and how far were you ahead at the end of the race?

I'm nowhere near being a very good driver, so I'm wondering if I could make it on Eifel at that low on PP.

Nice driving, Mike. 👍 That draft on the back straight was sweet. What did you record that video with?

Just tried Eifel at 750pp, nowhere close to get to 11th place, so I came back with 780pp, I was 9th at 7th lap.

How the hell did you manage to win at less than 750pp?! I'm amazed!

I guess I'll have to learn the track... :P

Thx guys for the comments :)
I feel there would be more in it with more tuning ,may be less rear downforce to reduce the PP and give slightly better top speed.

The draft was a must and any use of it really helped, without it i finished 5 seconds behind the leader, they are divided in 2 groups, the slower group will not really try to overtake you unless you let them a lot of space, the group in front though will try to overtake and you need to block them, you can see when i overtake the leader, on the uphill part i had to block.

I used a Hauppauge HDPVR, had some problem uploading though, its supposed to be 720p, not 480p... i had to edit the file extension to .mpg youtube said it wasnt supported... but it normaly work...

Might retest later in the week. :)

Update at Eifel with video at 735pp. This was a fairly conservative run with the AI, nothing real special here, its really just a matter of being really familiar with the track. Most laps were 1'08's until I got past the AI at the beginning of lap 9.

This run gave $4.578 million 660k exp points
Latest setup (439hp, 745kg, 735pp):
power limiter 69.6% (car now has ~7.4k miles and never had an oil change)
200kg ballast @ 12
wings 82/113
spr 17.6 15.1
damp Ext 4/5
damp compr 3/4
bars 3/2

camber 1.6/0.8
toe -.1/.1
lsd 7/25/9
brakes 8/5

I recommend running with the driving line on for this because it tells you exactly where the AI will go when you come up on them :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRKNLYZnxQ

Untitled.jpg

Weird, 737pp you say? I did it with the F2007 at 747pp, and my reward was 4,526,094. 443hp, 745kg, aero 105/138. Wonder why there seem to be some payout discrepancies with these events?:crazy:

FormulaKimball
Weird, 737pp you say? I did it with the F2007 at 747pp, and my reward was 4,526,094. 443hp, 745kg, aero 105/138. Wonder why there seem to be some payout discrepancies with these events?:crazy:

What "login percentage" are you at though?

I agree and can confirm what FormulaKimball said. I too did it at 747pp and got his numbers. Very fun event!!!

Best Eifel track yet, in my opinion, because there isn't that annoying blind corner with stupidly steep elevation change that throws F1 cars for a loop. Passing the leader with no trouble halfway through the last lap with 785 PP, and getting almost 4 million credits per time.

What "login percentage" are you at though?

200% :) I captured the replay tonight so I'll be uploading that tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Thanks XxThePiff, yes very very fun event indeed, though even at 747pp the AI still throw down the anchors at the wrong moment (corner exits especially get on my nerves, when you're counting on a good draft). It isn't just proximity, it's approach speed too I think, so managing your gap to keep the AI going fast so you can pass them more easily, it is tricky :sly: I couldn't resort to passes in the grass so there were several restarts to get that 747pp win, grrr.

NissanSkylineN1
Is it me or does your PP keep rising after every race?

It is because the engine keeps getting stronger after a while it stops and gets weaker but it can be fixed with an oil change

Would someone be kind enough to add me on PSN and share one of their Ferrari F1's with me? :embarrassed:

If you still need a F1 add me and I'll put an F2007 and one F10 on share in 4 hours from now.(just say on FR something like F1 for me to know who you are)

Any advice for settings for F10 for the Nurburgring please, I just cannot get anywhere ner and it's driving me mad!

I did all the tracks, with stock F2007, no aids but ABS=1, with G27 that I've got about a month ago, so it was my first time with F1's and G27.Now I'm already winning at low 8xx PP, but I'll keep trying with lower PP to see how far can I go.
I've been running in the N24H and Eifel.

Latest Posts

Back