7 More Cars Added to GT Sport's PSN Store as Sony Lifts the Price Cap

I mean, you can still buy them with in-game Cr.s. PD isn't forcing you to buy the car with cash
They just give you a "short-cut"

I'm not against buying cars with real cash but if they'd reworked the overall pricing, they'd get a lot more impulse purchases and likely a much better revenue.

$5 for a 20 million credit car, $2.50 for 10 million etc would likely overload their servers as that's a lot more reasonable.

My Seat time is very limited, and very Valuable to me.

So you take time off work to play GTS?:boggled:

Good news! I have been desperate for the Redbull X2014 Standard for a while now, and I never make it to 3 million without spending (I don't like grinding either, I'd do the Blue Moon Bay event once every so often).

This might be an unpopular opinion but i think this is actually a good thing. Every update since release has been free and continous to be free, so these microtransactions are neither classic dlc nor pay2win, they are just shortcuts. Honestly im not able to get 20 million credits for one single car, not even 10 million. I think my total earnings are still beneath a 20 million total and i started playing the game in October of 2017... so yeah... would be kinda happy to finally be able to get my hands on some of the more expensive cars... daily prizes are a big let down for me usually, although i got an Vulcan once.

I didn’t think this would happen, but it was a worry I had in the back of my mind since the microtransactions were introduced.

I was worried that introducing MTs with a cap on the Cr. value without adjusting or increasing the in-game economy would lead to people asking for the cap to be raised, and open a path for PD to funnel players towards accepting the grind-y “unicorn” cars being behind a “soft” pay wall, rather than improving the economy to make them more obtainable. Looks like that’s happened, and I’m very irritated, but ultimately the cars are still obtainable without purchase as they were before.

I think it’s okay to make monetized “time savers” content for players who legitimately don’t have the time to play through games, but it becomes a problem when developers intentionally skew an economy or progression system to be slow and grindy to funnel people into paying money to access content that would otherwise be in the game for free. It ruins the overall balance of the game, and I’m actually not sure if PD is doing it intentionally or not this time around, because the economies in GT5 and 6* were also very poor.

*I know GT6 had credit packs, but they weren’t so in your face.

I’ve said it before but PD would do a massive service to themselves by incentivizing use of Sport Mode. Increased payouts for higher ratings and higher finishes (especially if it could outweigh or at least compete with Blue Moon grinding) would both push more users into the area, improving retention, and would improve the economy. I really do think the grind is one of the main killers in GT Sport.

Last edited:
Had between 18m-20m credits for the last 12 months. I never buy the super expensive historics, just wait to win them.

If someone wants to pay real cash. All power to ‘em. Helps PD give me free DLC.

Prepping for that sweet PS+ release I see /s
Honestly, that would be fantastic for the title to massively increase the playerbase. I really want PD to continue with the free DLC model (particularly tracks) as it keeps the community united. If someone wants to make a short-cut to get a car. Their decision.

Last edited:
Put into perspective, still cheaper for me to play GT Sport, in Australia, over Scalextric.
https://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/rockets-slots-more/

A GT40 in GTS, costs me $4.99. It's not a race car, but even if I buy a $14.95 race car, I still come out on top over a $54.99 afx-mega-g-gt-40-4-donohue.

This is where PD really need to unlock selling gift cars for Cr. it would still take a good while, to sell enough cars, to reach 20mil.

@Famine $4.55 for Dallara
https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP9001-CUSA02168_00-GTSPORT000000000

Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19

Vehicle | PS4

This is where PD really need to unlock selling gift cars for Cr. it would still take a good while, to sell enough cars, to reach 20mil.

This is exactly why PD would be unlikely to ever allow players to sell gift cars for credits: it'd provide less reason for them to spend real money.

It all seems a little too expensive to me, just for 'fast' access to some cars.
But happy it's available for those that wish to take advantage of it.

I can't see how it has any impact on my game (although I would welcome an increase in prize credits for online racing), so I don't have any issues with the purchasing system.

This is exactly why PD would be unlikely to ever allow players to sell gift cars for credits: it'd provide less reason for them to spend real money.
Yeah, I get that too. Maybe it's(probably not) a bit of a reason why the 20 mil gifts cars aren't handed out, as some said they were, at the start.
I mean, if the average player doesn't grind and gets an average DWG(say a Gr. 3 car every other day), that sells for 130k, it'll be months before they could afford the 20mil.

Dallara Honda in the store now.

Dont mind micro but the Prince seems high There are cars in this game i cant never play with because i dont have the time to grind 20milion!

It takes ten and a half hours of grinding blue moon bay for 20.000.000 credits

Buuut once that's done (unless the Daily Workout finally decides to be nice to you), it takes far less to do the Le Mans race. 2 laps worth of clean driving x 4 times a day = much money

Do that for, lets say, 4 weeks = Loads 'o moneh.

Yes, this is abit much (Especially when that login bonus could reeeeally help right now, especially for people just getting the game) but its the most effective solution for the time being.

Last edited:
dans 12 minutes ...
37500010.png

Exactly. The economy is broken. I have been grinding off and on for a couple months and still havent earned enough to buy even one $20mil car.
PD really want their players to grind for 10.5 hours per $20mil car? plus all the $10mil cars? i think thats like $130,000,000 credits.
It sucks that i will never get to enjoy those cars and all the hard work PD put into them. And the community cant even set up races with them because many members wont/dont have them.
oh well. Moving on.

I'm tempted to buy the cars in the 3,6 - 10 million range. They are just too much of a grind when there are also the 15 and 20 million cars to worry about.

I'm usually against micro-transactions, but I purchased GT Sport 50% off and it has just kept on giving free content ever since. If any developer deserves some extra cash, it's PD.

I think PD's implementation of MTs has been on the lesser evil side, but this changes things.

I know we're getting a huge amount of free dlc (which is why I'm kinda willing to let this slide) -- but this step brings shines a major light on the economy.

For most cars in the game, the economy is not too bad, but these 20 million cars aren't attainable without a significant grind which is of no fun at all. I've yet to own one of these hyper expensive cars in my 200 hour plus of game time and this is frankly unacceptable.

These cars need to be given out as rewards for harder gt leagues and/or improve their chances of appearing in the daily rewards. This is papering over the cracks though. The economy is sadly something that major re-balancing or at least set the most expensive cars to be in the 6-7 million range.

Back