7 More Cars Added to GT Sport's PSN Store as Sony Lifts the Price Cap

It is question of time vs money.
If i earn 100 euro an hour why would i spend 10 hours getting a 20 million credit car.
If i have no job why would i spend a euro on a car when time is free.

Because it'd apparently take you 10-15 hours per month to get enough credits to earn said content, IE something that's not actually insane if you have a job and a family? And also because it's a game and games are supposed to be fun and enjoyable?

Honestly, whatever floats your boat, but I still feel it's a bit dumb to spend your money on something you can get by just playing the game, even if it means playing the game a bit longer you thought you would...

Any other racing game franchise would have gotten so much flack right now for doing this stunt, and be considered "devils" of the racing genre. Not saying PD and Sony are the devils here, but it honestly amazes me how some are okay to throw more REAL money at their way. PD must be the most luckiest company around to get away with almost anything it seems, even this.

Guess you can kiss log-in bonuses and increased payouts good bye I guess...

...I might get the Ford GT40 now since for me it's seems like it's downright impossible to me to get lucky with the daily car roulette thing, how does the car fares in the Nostalgic cup against each Ferraris and Jaguars? On Le Mans at least.
Gt40 is not eligable for historic race but its an amazing car so you should get it fast as possible.

This right there is the main argument against spending real money on cars. Unless you (for some reason) spend hours on end with offline races after completing all the campaign stuff, most of them will just sit in your garage unused for most of the time :guilty:

Not to mention that I barely can make time to play and when I do the last thing I want to do is grind.

Let's be honest here, these similar micro-transactions wouldn't fly for any other franchise. Look when Forza 5 tried to do the same. The fans voiced their anger on the forums/twitter, and it was immediately rectified by Turn 10. Same for Forza 7 and the VIP status. Alan Hartman had to issue a statement. Why? Because Forza has an official community with official social liaisons who talk to the devs. The fans spoke up. They have an outlet and listen (for the most part). Forza Horizon 4's playlist just changed after plenty of input.

Polyphony Digital has none of this in 2019 and it's a shame. As someone who lost his entire garage for no apparent reason, I would hate to grind for some of these expensive cars only to be lost. No official support system is in place for this either. A fix in the in-game economy or something new would solve the issue. But that's too much to ask right? He knows there is a grind, he created it afterall.
I agree. It's also why toy see a hodge podge of unrelated irrelevant cars in the game. And the classification system...
I have the credits to but that Ferrari Paso Corgi but guess what. I hesitated this morning. Afraid to commit ..."grind phobia".

I didn't have much of an issue with the micro-transactions when each individual car was cheap ($2.99 USD/$4.55 AUD for a car isn't too bad). Now it's less forgivable, as the top pricing tiers should really have been $3.99 and $4.99 US at most, not $9.59. The latter price may still be the best real cash/game credits exchange rate on the store, but only because the cars cost far too many credits relative to everything else to begin with.

I personally think that all of the unicorn cars should have been capped to 5 million credits or $4.99 US in price. A simple fix that makes them the most expensive cars whilst still being attainable in a reasonable time-frame.

Last edited:
Because it'd apparently take you 10-15 hours per month to get enough credits to earn said content, IE something that's not actually insane if you have a job and a family? And also because it's a game and games are supposed to be fun and enjoyable?

Honestly, whatever floats your boat, but I still feel it's a bit dumb to spend your money on something you can get by just playing the game, even if it means playing the game a bit longer you thought you would...

I dont consider grinding playing the game.
I enjoy Sport Mode some and online racing with organized groups. At my playing style i should have all the expensive cars by the time I'm 60; just in time to join the GTP Geezer's group. Only 10 years to go! :cheers:

Let us see how far GT Sport has come:
This really sets the notion of "if you give them an inch they'll take a mile."

All of this while, as other users have pointed out, the economy remains broken and the game suffers from a lack of content
What is the point of having these exotic machines if people can't spend the time to get them? And if they can, are forced to grind and are unable to have fun in the process?

Let us see how far GT Sport has come:
This really sets the notion of "if you give them an inch they'll take a mile."

All of this while, as other users have pointed out, the economy remains broken and the game suffers from a lack of content
What is the point of having these exotic machines if people can't spend the time to get them? And if they can, are forced to grind and are unable to have fun in the process?

Do they point their guns at you to consume?

Or you can say that both SONY and KAZ are a liar and refuse to play their games :P

Do they point their guns at you to consume?

Of course not. Why is the 'optional' nature of microtransactions a counter-argument against a broken game economy?

Or you can say that both SONY and KAZ are a liar and refuse to play their games :P

This

I understand that lack of time is another factor as to whether or not to buy microtransactions, but honestly I have started to play this game less and less when they were announced (plus I only play a couple other games at one given time anyway). Most likely I will spare a few or several months (and dollars on a PS+ subscription) until more content arrives, otherwise I will just shelve the game entirely :indiff:.

PD outsourced asset making so while I think they're taking a cut of each (it's their platform after all), the 3rd party needs paying too. It explains the iracingesque pricing I guess but it's a hell of a leap from GT5's DLC prices.

PD outsourced asset making so while I think they're taking a cut of each (it's their platform after all), the 3rd party needs paying too. It explains the iracingesque pricing I guess but it's a hell of a leap from GT5's DLC prices.
Difference is that in GT5, you cannot obtain the DLC cars unless you purchase it with money.

I bought the Toyota SF, The Anniversary Countach and a Veyron earlier. Whilst I still get such rubbish DWGs (a 208 today!), I'm glad there is a way to obtain cars I covet without a boring grind fest to earn in-game credits.

Difference is that in GT5, you cannot obtain the DLC cars unless you purchase it with money.

True, but wouldn't that make their price even better value than what we're seeing here?

I don't begrudge them selling these cars but $10 for 1 is insane as you can still get them for free. If they were exclusive, that price would make a lot more sense.

True, but wouldn't that make their price even better value than what we're seeing here?

I don't begrudge them selling these cars but $10 for 1 is insane as you can still get them for free. If they were exclusive, that price would make a lot more sense.
I'm playing a devil advocate here and I state that it is to pay the cost of maintaining the game throughout the years, free monthly DLC, carrying out the ESport events, etc. And don't forget the game itself that was discounted considerably after a month from launch.

Not to mention 10 dollars is for the most expensive car, not each of all cars.

Basically, I personally see it as a form of donation.

I'm playing a devil advocate here and I state that it is to pay the cost of maintaining the game throughout the years, free monthly DLC, carrying out the ESport events, etc. And don't forget the game itself that was discounted considerably after a month from launch.

Not to mention 10 dollars is for the most expensive car, not each of all cars.

PD is a 1st party game developer for Sony, to make the GT game to drive sales of the console as well as continuing a successful franchise to keep selling them.

If I'm remembering right, £50 million, and for that, we had no career mode and over 100 less cars. It was also heavily discounted so soon after launch to mirror the lack of content (added after all the protesting about it) and likely to promote their long term Esports goal.

Maintaining the game is arguable though. The game's so full of long standing bugs and flaws that never get addressed properly, an ambiguous penalty system written in crayon by their in house AI and people who never think their ideas through properly. The Esports events, while they're a great free holiday for the participants are little more than a lottery based on car choices.

You're right, I need to stop quoting the most expensive car's price. I said earlier in the thread that if the pricing structure was reworked to $5 for the most expensive and proportional prices for the cheaper cars though, they'd likely get a lot more sales. I'd probably pay for a lot of them (I don't grind) myself, just like I did with GT5 and wouldn't think twice about it. As it is now, it ignores an awful credit system and promotes cash grabbing.

Basically, I personally see it as a form of donation.

I'm sure Kaz's accountant, who takes care of his $100 million net worth, thanks you.:P

Like I said, I don't have a problem with micro transactions overall but when they're highly priced on top of a broken game economy, I do.

Any other racing game franchise would have gotten so much flack right now for doing this stunt, and be considered "devils" of the racing genre. Not saying PD and Sony are the devils here, but it honestly amazes me how some are okay to throw more REAL money at their way. PD must be the most luckiest company around to get away with almost anything it seems, even this.

Guess you can kiss log-in bonuses and increased payouts good bye I guess...
Why would PD receive flack when their DLC policy is an example of how the entire industry should work?

For too long, in all genres, publishers have been pushing expensive season passes. Often with no guarantees of content or release dates. Furthermore, this policy leads to a split userbase, leading to said content being under utilised. Just imagine if tracks like Le Mans where only available as paid content. Would rule them out of Daily Races and FIA events. Same deal with cars.

I have far greater issues with Codemasters releasing stages & cars as paid DLC. Despite them already being built to PS4 standards for the previous Dirt Rally. Likewise their new F1 game releasing just 6-8 months after the previous edition.

:lol: Ten euros for a car? Seriously?! Just sell proper DLC like every other game.

https://store.playstation.com/fr-fr/product/EP9001-CUSA02168_00-GTSACARC306D6001
I don’t know if this is a misunderstanding because it makes no sense whatsoever.

Individuals can short-cut the game and buy individual cars. It’s their money & time. Do as they so wish. What logic is there in being against that, then saying every piece of DLC should be charged?

We’ve received 18 months of free DLC. It’s kept the userbase united and transformed the game. Even modest play should allow you to purchase the great majority of free DLC car’s with ingame credits. In fact, I’ve been maxed out on 20m credits for some time. I’ve still to get the Ford MKIV and Cobra Coupe. I’d be quite happy to pay real cash. As with over 1000hrs clocked up, I’ve had my value for money, and am minded to reward PD for their continued support.

Last edited:
I'm curious how much all the cars bought using microtransaction will cost added together, and how many hours of in game grinding you will save by doing that. Now in that same amount of hours saved, if you spend it working can you earn back all that MT money (and possibly even make a profit?) :lol:

I think it would be nice that once you are in Scapes you could access any car in the game.
Some of those 20million dollar cars are better to take pics of than drive imo.
Also lets us admire all of the little details in the car model.

So you take time off work to play GTS?:boggled:

no work a normal 12 hour day, and have a few extra hours that I can schedule in other opportunities
to earn $$$$ or downtime with Family and Friends or Seat time.

So I schedule in Seat time , that I could otherwise have scheduled to earn real $$$$
So Yes, my Seat time costs me real $$$$

I'd much rather spend my limited Seat time, On-line racing against good friends.
Grinding is a Waste of Time, and money.
Make all the cars available in the store , Some of us, will see the value in that, and we will buy them.

I'd much rather spend my limited Seat time, On-line racing against good friends.
Grinding is a Waste of Time, and money.
Make all the cars available in the store , Some of us, will see the value in that, and we will buy them.

Subjective on the 'grinding is a waste of time and money' but I can't fault your reasons to pay real cash for them. Time starved is a definite issue.

Back