700 Reverse HSR :08 , :28, :48

Canada
Cumberland, BC
GTP_BlacqueJack
I am sticking to this race; suggesting these start times: :08, :28, :48; feel free to suggest a 'one make' race if you like. I am going to try different cars for a while.

In now!

Keep the variety going:)

Last edited:
I don't think there's a need for a one make series on this, there's alot of competitive cars. Viper SRT10 (tuned and not), Vette Tuned, Elise Tuned, Clio Tuned, Ford GT, GTR, Mines, NSX-R, all capable of 1:08s with some being a little faster, even an SL55 isn't far off the pace and there's more I haven't named. Rather then restrict the event with a one make (especially as it's not a World Event) I suggest keeping it open to all suggestions, any schedule in 20 minute gaps should work as well.

I'm giving the ford GT a go, handles beautifully around here. Maybe a time schedule in the thread title would be good.

EDIT: I was running high1'08's in the GT so it should be capable of 1'07's in the hands of someone who can drive quick. Total race time was just under 12 mins (including getting punted twice by a tuned clio - no surprises there) so like Dragonistic says, 20 min windows should work perfectly.

Last edited:
I've been rocking the GT as well and you're right, 1:07s are achievable (without a slipstream that is) I think my absolute best is around 1:07.7 in the GT (so far) but in the race I run around the 1:08 marker itself. I'd say anywhere under 1:10 is enough to race with, 1:08s preferably.

Last edited:
NSX Type-R low 1:07's no Slipstream, F430 1:08.3 with no Slipstream. I'll stick to the NSX for now as I'm looking to win races this month. If I go with the F430 I'll have to be more aggressive when someone wants to make a pass. Other models will be tested to see how this event goes leading half way through the month.

So far it would appear the NSX and Clio/Tuned (Edit: and California) are the absolute fastest, but nobody should be surprised by that. I just hope it keeps as it is with plenty of variety so there's lots of chance for some good battles regardless of your skill level.

Just raced in a 16 grid!:)👍

A maelstrom to get through and was knocked off to 16th place and finished 8th!:dopey:

Fun race:tup::):dopey:

R8 in clean 1.08.016 and with draft 1.06.980 in draft behind GTRP_Thunder
used R3 R2

Per

Last edited:
I raced in this event once so far, and had some good fun with someone from Argentina, both of us in Tuned Corvettes. Despite how much fun it was, it was only us two, so I decided to not race in it until later (when more of the NTSC-US people are likely to be on).

I sent them a message in Spanish (I know a small amount because of the Spanish 1 class I took first semester, figured I would practice it so that I would be better at it for when I take Spanish 2 next school year), although they haven't replied yet, so I'm wondering if my message wasn't readable or if they just didn't want to reply. I'm thinking the latter but the former is possible.

Anyways, I'll be in at :08 with said Corvette. I got myself down to a 1'08.9xx, but I'm sure I can go faster.

EDIT: gah, I need more practice before I try to run with everybody. I'm surprised that I'm actually competitive though. I'll practice for the rest of tonight, and make sure I put my camcorder's batteries on the charger so that I can record tomorrow.

Last edited:
Today I tried out the NSXR myself and my fears are true, it is much much faster then the GT I was using (I ran a 1:06.8XX in clear air leading a race, which I've never managed WITH a slipstream in the GT). Other people are picking up on this, and more NSXs are showing up and the variaty beginning to fade away with the NSX and Clio/Tuned becoming quite common. Hopefully this is just caused by the time of day and later on the variety will hopefully return.

Edit: Make that a 1:06.747 in race whilst leading with no slipstreams again. It seems like there's ALOT of cars around the mid 07s to mid 08s, it's a shame there's the NSX and I'm sure 1 or 2 more that will beat them by a second per lap.

Last edited:
Had some great races with Dragonistic the other night in the GT. Swopping positions on almost every turn and we still managed to pull away from the bunch. The GT makes for some great racing and is fun to drive. I should be there later on in the GT 👍

It was fantastic racing the other night for sure, probably the best few I've had on GT5P this year (I don't play that much so don't expect miracles you regulars!) and combination of GT and HSR means you aren't just leaving other people standing like the NSX/Clios can do, so you get big groups racing together and you can really race side by side going 2, even 3 wide into turns. It was truly spectacular, not just online racing at it's best, but racing at it's best full stop.

Edit: Just finished my last run of the night with the NSX again, best lap with no tow was 1:06.5XX and I don't think I'll go any quicker than that ever, certainly not soon. The NSX is supremely fast, I wouldn't normally use such vehicles which are real front runners but I've always loved the NSX.

Last edited:
Just had a good race in this with XTR-vesinator and XTR-venus. I was in my Corvette, them in their Clios, and I was able to keep up at the very least. I'm starting to think I'm actually getting better.

I'll edit this when I get back on.

I think i need the NSX

Somebody wants to share his tune. PM is fine aswell, thanks.

Great Tune 👍 Thanks.

Did a 1:07:1xx so far with it. 06 is possible form me.

I'm not much of a tuner so don't expect any usefull tips from me

You don't need to be a great a tuner, that's my job (though great might be an overstatement!) I just want to know if you have any problems with the car like understeer/oversteer and like, so you just need to be able to drive them :) 👍. If you don't have any problems, it's great for us to here just something like great tune just so we know what's going on, I ask for nothing more than that.

All of that said, glad you liked it, and for anyone else interested it's designed for controller users to be able to use as well as wheel users.

Nice event with a lot of cars having good performance.I usually drive Ferrari California which is a very good balanced, stable and fast car.

I would like to share my set-up with you.I prefer to drive than tuning, so there are not so much changes from stock.

Power 502 +9
Weight 1232 85%
Tires R1/R1
Ride Height 0/0
Springs 2/2
Damper 2/2
Toe 0/0
Camber 0.5/0
Brake 5/5

Turning Angle 50
Traction Control off
ABS 1

Gears

1:3.400
2:2.190
3:1.640
4:1.280
5:1.030
6:0.866
7:0.765

FINAL 4.440

My lap times with this setup are 1.07.03 in clean air and 1.06.500 with drafting.Of course, there is plenty of room to improve.

Check it and share your comments.

Have fun and keep racing!

I'll be on hear later but racing on a different time schedule, you can get 4 races done in an hour so im going for xx 00 15 30 45 xx

Had some nice races with EBK2 last night, both in the 599's :) nearly got under 1.07 in slip.

I'll be on hear later but racing on a different time schedule, you can get 4 races done in an hour so im going for xx 00 15 30 45 xx

Had some nice races with EBK2 last night, both in the 599's :) nearly got under 1.07 in slip.

Should I switch the times in the thread title? EDIT: I guess not!:)

Last edited:
I just saw Kevin(I'mfaster) in this one. Too bad I was goofing with an f40 set and a mate, would love to catch up with ya and race again you hooligan 👍

anyway, we still be here :)

Anyone tried F40 for this track? Its very fun and quite competitive :) I tried it a couple days ago and did 1.07.3..

Hi mate, I would love to try it. Can you give me a decent tune for this car...?

Thanks

I used clacsmans tune from tuning forum and its very good IMO. Just tweaked the final gear ratio (longer) 👍 I can send you my gears when I get home on saturday.

I've been running the f40 on this and it's pretty fun, mid 07.x's but not much comp tbh. I'm using my ntsc disc though so maybe that is why.

Any excuse I can find to play with the old red I will grab though :dopey:

Back