• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
700PP 1980 or Later Race Car Super Lap: Autumn Ring

TT#73 - 700PP 1980 or Later Race Car Super Lap @ Autumn Ring.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.
Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.
If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Actually 72 with the chap, which is one of the saddest cars in gt history. Of course my time can be improved, but 4 now I just want to enjoy the track testing different cars, maybe with real engines.. Oh, and I think it's the first event with soft racing tires available that I've seen!

Attachments

• 1514443509834-896679911.jpg
    1514443509834-896679911.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 107
Don't like the 2X so I looked what the fastest other car is, and @oilpressure (apparently not on here, at least by that name) is fastest in a different car and is in a Pesky 05. He and I are usually pretty darn close in the end. Over at the GT Arena I'm at .032 and he was at .033 until he went a little faster. Good stuff.

I started out on RH tires for way too many laps of crazy peeling out and sideways crashing because I didn't realize I can use RS and 96x horsepower is tough to put down without TCS... And they make a LARGE difference!

I'm at 59.360
He's at 59.256

It always a good time trying to find tenths of a second...

Well I have tried every race car I have that will achieve 700 PP and everyone of them understeer so bad it is ridiculous. I thought sure with the 05 Pesky the tune from the last event it would be a cake walk, how 🤬 wrong I was. I can stay with my friends until the zig zag catch back up at the short straight then lose them at the bridge. I had one attempt in XJR-9 Jag that I thought was going to be gold and went too far to the inside coming down the hill toward the front straight/finish line. Needless to say I'll have to come back another day. 6 different cars and 20 🤬 laps. I'd really like to use the 05 Pescalero but it have too much understeer. If someone could tell me how to get it to turn more I would be very grateful. I don't need the car and with my heart I surely don't need the stress.

Well I have tried every race car I have that will achieve 700 PP and everyone of them understeer so bad it is ridiculous. I thought sure with the 05 Pesky the tune from the last event it would be a cake walk, how 🤬 wrong I was. I can stay with my friends until the zig zag catch back up at the short straight then lose them at the bridge. I had one attempt in XJR-9 Jag that I thought was going to be gold and went too far to the inside coming down the hill toward the front straight/finish line. Needless to say I'll have to come back another day. 6 different cars and 20 🤬 laps. I'd really like to use the 05 Pescalero but it have too much understeer. If someone could tell me how to get it to turn more I would be very grateful. I don't need the car and with my heart I surely don't need the stress.
I drove three quartets of the lap in the Chaparel before it gave me a slanted view, the sound of those hamsters running the treadmill kind of irritates me, so tried a few, first was the Mazda Furai, with full aero and full upgrades I didn't get gold but it was a really nice driving experience at 675pp (Max), the BMW V12 was the next one I tried (again with max aero), it got me far enough ahead of the Mazda ghost on the straights that I could literally coast the corners.
I then tried the Pescy (an old base tune from the QuickTune app. lowered the damper compression rates and got a 60.5, the key I think is plenty of rev range in each gear and not going too hot into the turns.
Another possibility is the Mazda (LM**something 4wd Vision car), there's a tune by @Otaliema that I used in this event last time it was run and it is very controllable 👍

Edit
@Otaliema Mazda LM55 . . . here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/mazda-lm55-vision-gran-turismo.1877/

Thank you @8l23ub for the info. :cheers:I have tried every 4WD and MR car that I have that is close to or right 700PP. I even had a friend do a tune for the Judd. Everyone one of them will not rotate through the corners without a significant decrease in speed which of course cost you Gold. This is a replay for me of the last set of Super Laps. I am so 🤬🤬 that I'm not even going to try it again. I got silver on both which is better than last. I still have a while to run this. My biggest mistake was not downloading the replays from the top 10 drivers. The one car I wanted to use is not allowed and that is the GT-R LM. It will let a frigging Vision car to run but not that one which I know for sure is later that 1980. @8l23ub I completely rolled the 2X in about the same place you were on 2 wheels. The only way I see getting gold is in a FR car. If not I don't need nor want the prize cars for either lap , I got the paint so that's that. My BP is already up in stroke territory. Gonna hang out with my dog and watch a western movie.

Congrats to my friends to have golded the event. :tup:You guys rock and I'm very glad you got Gold.👍:cheers:

Edit: @8l23ub I did try the tune You posted the link to. It was already on the car.:lol: I even changed a few settings but that made it turn a little better, but once back on the gas the push comes back. It really doesn't matter. I have plenty to do in the GT AI Hub. You might want to check it out.:cheers:

Last edited:
Thank you @8l23ub for the info. :cheers:I have tried every 4WD and MR car that I have that is close to or right 700PP. I even had a friend do a tune for the Judd. Everyone one of them will not rotate through the corners without a significant decrease in speed which of course cost you Gold. This is a replay for me of the last set of Super Laps. I am so 🤬🤬 that I'm not even going to try it again. I got silver on both which is better than last. I still have a while to run this. My biggest mistake was not downloading the replays from the top 10 drivers. The one car I wanted to use is not allowed and that is the GT-R LM. It will let a frigging Vision car to run but not that one which I know for sure is later that 1980. The only way I see getting gold is in a FR car. If not I don't need nor want the prize cars for either lap , I got the paint so that's that. My BP is already up in stroke territory. Gonna hang out with my dog and watch a western movie.

Congrats to my friends to have golded the event. :tup:You guys rock and I'm very glad you got Gold.👍:cheers:

Hey bud, I used the LM55 for Gold too (using DS3). I found that down-shifting leading into the corner or mid-corner helped with the understeer. If you are using AT maybe one of the other AT guys on here can suggest how they deal with it.

Good luck 👍

Oh, I’m pretty partial to a good western too :D

700PP 1980 or Later Race Car Super Lap: Autumn Ring

View attachment 702274
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.

The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.
Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.
If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:
How come I can't get my Chaparral down to 700pp ??? stops only at 748pp, any input ?

Anyone who uses AT with a DS3 that has golded this event, I would greatly appreciate a lesson on how you got around the track for gold. I have one lap that was good until I cut the left corner going to the finish line too close and got DQ'd. 20 red laps in 5 different cars. All good cars very capable of gold time. It all boils down to driver error. I just don't seem to be able to find my rhythm going in the right way. I can take the same cars and do it in reverse and run low 50's. I tried the Chappy 2X, set my controller to -2 sensitivity which makes it driveable for me but ending up upside down after going over a rumble strip. The chassis is way to stiff with the setup I have. It seems that quite a few people are using the 2X. Would you please share a tune if you are using a DS3 and have golded the event. I got so frustrated yesterday that I squeezed the controller so hard it cracked. Amazingly it still works but very glad I have back ups. I don't know why I'm having such a problem. I know it is driver error and not the tunes or cars since every car I have tried has the same results, the more laps I run the slower I get. I'm not looking for accolades for getting gold, I simply hate tossing in the towel because I'm not a quitter.

I have been working on this today. Just got gold with the Toyota Minolta 88C-V. I use a DS3 on both sticks with automatic. I can post the setup and you can friend request me to follow my line. I golded at 1:03.786

Edit: Advice wise, I would say that the key to my success (if you can call it that) with automatic is the use of the right stick for gas. When approaching a corner where I don't really need to brake, but a downshift would help correct the cars attitude and get it ready for exit, I flick the stick into the brake zone just a bit to cause a downshift. It helps the car rotate and weight shift without actually using the brakes. Then the stick allows me to gradually roll into the throttle to avoid wheel spin.

Last edited:
I have been working on this today. Just got gold with the Toyota Minolta 88C-V. I use a DS3 on both sticks with automatic. I can post the setup and you can friend request me to follow my line. I golded at 1:03.786

Edit: Advice wise, I would say that the key to my success (if you can call it that) with automatic is the use of the right stick for gas. When approaching a corner where I don't really need to brake, but a downshift would help correct the cars attitude and get it ready for exit, I flick the stick into the brake zone just a bit to cause a downshift. It helps the car rotate and weight shift without actually using the brakes. Then the stick allows me to gradually roll into the throttle to avoid wheel spin.

Thanks @Wydopen for your offer. I accept and have sent you a Friend Request. The tune I had I was so confident that I didn't download any of the top 10 replays. I usually do this with every Super Lap as it helps to see the speed and braking points and sometimes a good line around the track.

@Racin510s
No problem with a Pescarolo Hybrid.
Here is the setup as far as I can remember:
2/2
3/3
Soft spring rates
No turbo
TC 1
ABS 1

Transmission is at 310 km/h on the straight.

Pad and AT did it easy.

If you need more information, I'll have to look up.

Not the best track / car combo but still fun to be had.....R18, 676PP

958D2F61-FFAE-44D2-997E-A6CB3C03826A.jpeg

Will see what else is tucked away in the garage....👍

Anyone who uses AT with a DS3 that has golded this event, I would greatly appreciate a lesson on how you got around the track for gold. I have one lap that was good until I cut the left corner going to the finish line too close and got DQ'd. 20 red laps in 5 different cars. All good cars very capable of gold time. It all boils down to driver error. I just don't seem to be able to find my rhythm going in the right way. I can take the same cars and do it in reverse and run low 50's. I tried the Chappy 2X, set my controller to -2 sensitivity which makes it driveable for me but ending up upside down after going over a rumble strip. The chassis is way to stiff with the setup I have. It seems that quite a few people are using the 2X. Would you please share a tune if you are using a DS3 and have golded the event. I got so frustrated yesterday that I squeezed the controller so hard it cracked. Amazingly it still works but very glad I have back ups. I don't know why I'm having such a problem. I know it is driver error and not the tunes or cars since every car I have tried has the same results, the more laps I run the slower I get. I'm not looking for accolades for getting gold, I simply hate tossing in the towel because I'm not a quitter.
No gold with the 2X ? Try 175kg ballast. it must be easy with it, I use a controller.

Finally. That was a tough few weeks.
Mazda LM55. DS3 (buttons, not stalks)
1'03'805
The final straw was pushing the ballast (34kg) into position to just tip the balance onto 50:50 (-10)
Downforce 600-800
Gears not modified set to 149mph
Brakes 5/6
Shaun80's suspension and diff tune

Last edited:
Happy New Year guys

The last sector is pretty difficult with the 2x, track does not suit the car at all. Monza and Spa are much better fun
For 2x I used:
180kg of ballast at 15% with body rig and brakes at 5/10.

Back