United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
700PP 1980 or Later Race Car Super Lap: Autumn Ring

TT#46 - 700PP 1980 or Later Race Car Super Lap @ Autumn Ring.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#46] - 700PP 1980 or Later Race Car Super Lap @ Autumn Ring.jpg

Tunes:
Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd '05 by Whitetail (Shortening the gearbox is recommended.)

Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo by shaunm80 (Add RS tyres and reduce Power limiter.)

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
33rd place! :)

mvJbsQj.jpg

I think by now I've already been pushed out of the top 100, but that was fun for a moment.

I've actually scored a better time than this, but my position peaked there at 33rd.

So, anyway, cars I've been able to get a gold time with: the Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V, the Mazda LM55 VGT, and the Chaparral 2X. Amazingly, the 2X is the car I was fastest with, by a pretty fair margin, and I usually find it too weird to get a good time with.

Key thing to note with this event: using RS tires. I missed that little tidbit my first time out (with the 88C-V) and it cost me quite a lot of time. Also, if you're using the 2X, remember that your downforce is related to your throttle position, so sometimes braking while still staying on the gas a little actually works better.

Welcome Willicks, good to see new players still rocking up. Which country are you in?

UK matey and thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a long time racing fan, GT1-4, switched to xbox for forza 2-4 and now bagged myself a free ps3, gt6 for £10 and exchanged a load of old bits for a Logitech DFGT the other day. Can't believe I left GT for this long and can't believe how good the DFGT is either!

UK matey and thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a long time racing fan, GT1-4, switched to xbox for forza 2-4 and now bagged myself a free ps3, gt6 for £10 and exchanged a load of old bits for a Logitech DFGT the other day. Can't believe I left GT for this long and can't believe how good the DFGT is either!

Welcome back to the series Willicks! Yes Sir, I too have been a player since the first GT and as well have been using a wheel since the first - just had to have one,, needed the realism of a wheel. And IMHO GT is still the best 👍👍. Ohh yes,, I know that statement is subjective. :) In any event, with all the new stuff PD have and are providing we fans in GT6, even though there are occassional glitches and disappointments with the online play,, we just need remember the entire world is utilizing the PD servers for FREE and it's only a game so we tuck our frustrations away, just hit the re-enter or re-try (QuickMatch can be a pain to get into sometimes) and enjoy the fun.

1:01.3xx. Chappy X. I will aim for a sub 1 minute and call it a day. Leaving lots of time out there.

TS030 got close with the Praino tune, but the LM55 got me second place last night. I'm sure I'm at about 10,000th place by now with the Chap on deck and wheels, wheels, everywhere against my DS3.

Welcome back to the series Willicks! Yes Sir, I too have been a player since the first GT and as well have been using a wheel since the first - just had to have one,, needed the realism of a wheel. And IMHO GT is still the best 👍👍. Ohh yes,, I know that statement is subjective. :) In any event, with all the new stuff PD have and are providing we fans in GT6, even though there are occassional glitches and disappointments with the online play,, we just need remember the entire world is utilizing the PD servers for FREE and it's only a game so we tuck our frustrations away, just hit the re-enter or re-try (QuickMatch can be a pain to get into sometimes) and enjoy the fun.

I've actually only just moved to wheels, I've always been a controller man, my sister once one a Jordan F1 steering wheel for the ps1 through gamestation(?) magazine for having the quickest tekken 2 survival time haha, but that sucked, badly.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I need to get used to the layout, the online events, the seasonal events as it's all new to me from Forza and pre online gaming GT4. So far I'm impressed with everything and a lovely surprise is how welcoming this online community is! Thanks all! Hopefully I can get proper quick on this as I love clean fair racing. Also need to learn to set up cars and the likes as on Forza you could just buy a good tune without much thinking (lazy I know).
Will

I ran a 0'59.958 with a Pescarolo C60 Hybride (link goes to my tune). I used a long gearbox so it's recommended that you shorten it up to suit the track as well as driving style, but then again you should adjust everything to suit those. This is a really fun combo with time to be found everywhere, I hope you all enjoy!

Tried this with my LM55, such a great handling car. Just couldn't get gold though, lap after lap, I was just right under where I needed to be. I was like, damn, PD is really starting to make these challenges hard! Checked my settings and found I was on RH :lol:. Switched to RS and gold first lap. Of course, that was because I had 10 laps practice on RH!

Chappy is fun. It's a question of where do I put the ballast. This way makes it handle that way, and that way makes it handle this way.

59.3 pretty easily.

Edit: 58.787

Last edited:
I used that car as well, just to see, I mean, everyone seemed to be using it. I don't like it, and especially don't like the fact that there is a lot less grip unless you are on the gas the whole time. I produced a faster time with it, but it wasn't as fun, so when I go back to this race it'll be with the LM55 again.

Hello everyone! Just did a 0:58.631 on my 3rd try with a DS3 with the Chappy. My tune is: 142 KG Ballast at +18%. 50.0% power limiter. Don't be afraid to accelerate VERY early. It has about half a G more grip with the gas on so you need to corner and maintain the gas at about 15% the least. It's a bit hard for DS3 users because you can't properly modulate the X button as you can in a pedal but still, Be wary Doodle! I'm coming for you to be 1st at least in USA! ;-)

LM55 with max downforce in the front and minimum in the rear is an easy gold.

Aw yiss, managed it with the R10 after a few laps. Not sure why that car is so bad in GT6, but I had to use it for a laugh.

400PP cars is too slow imo. (boring)

Could be slow, but as I am a DS3 user who only drives with ABS 1 it would be a nice change from all
the high HP cars. And driving on a track like Autumn Ring with a well sorted MX-5, for example, for me isn't that boring.

But anyway, will be impressed by the times you and the rest of the top players will get on the boards again.

Back