England
Drayton Bassett, North Warwickshire
Duffers999
Clark Duffy
June 13-14 13:00 BST/ 12:00 GMT/ 15:00 Local

55 Cars, 4 Classes, 8.469 miles,

24 Hours, One (overall) winner...

LMP1- 20 cars

The pieces are set for a great three way battle at the front of the field. Who will it be; Audi, Peugeot, Aston Martin Racing? Or could Pescarolo or Oreca snatch a win after the promising debuts of their new cars (there's also a Peska 908 coming aswell, albeit an updated '08 car). Let's not forget about the (so far disappointing) Kolle's R10s.

LMP2-12 Cars

Will the return of the 2004 overall winners, Team Goh revive their glory with a class win in the RS Spyder? Or will Vitaphone racing start the LMP2 run with a win in their Porsche? Trying to stop them will be the Team Essex RS Spyder, as well as a Pescarolo, a handful of different Lola's and Zyteks and the solitary Radical SR9.

EDIT: Vitaphone RS Spyder withrawn

GT1- 7 Cars

Corvette will want to finish their GT1 career with a 1-2 this year which is extremely likely, given the absence of the AMR DBR9s. The Spartak Murcielago R-GT will be stronger competitor this year, thanks to some updates on the car, could they take Lamborghini's first ever win at Le Mans? Former FIA GT champions Jetalliance Racing will also want a slice of the action in their trusty DBR9, aswell as the venerable Alphand Adventures with their two C6.Rs and JLOC Lambo.

EDIT: IPB Spartak Reiter Lamborghini Withdrawn

GT2- 16 cars

Everyone may aswell assume buisness as usual in GT2, with two Risi F430's, a Flying Lizard RSR included in the total of 4 Porsches and 10 Ferraris. Actor Patrick Dempsey will make his LM debut in the Team Seattle F430.
Should all of these cars fail, rest assure that the Snoras Spyker will be up there, aswell as the Drayson Aston Martin V8 Vantage so long as they can keep their reliability problems at bay. Driving the Aston Martin will be Jonny Cocker and Paul Drayson, both making their LM24 debut, and ALMS LMP2 driver Marino Franchitti.

So let's use this thread to discuss all the news leading up to what promises to be the best Le Mans since the late '90s (in terms of manufacturer input).

Phew that took a while to write.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if theres going to be a live stream webcam like the Nurburgring 24hr?..I have seen little LeMans in my life but have wanted to for so long.

Does anyone know if theres going to be a live stream webcam like the Nurburgring 24hr?..I have seen little LeMans in my life but have wanted to for so long.

There are usually a few livestreams, but if you´re patient, the race also tends to end up on youtube!

The automotive happening of the year! Le Mans is just something really special in my eyes; it´s like the finale of sportscar racing, where the best races the best! The P1 battle is going to be very exciting this year, especially amongst the petrolcars!

A little boring to see that it´s most likely a walk in the park victory for Corvette in GT1, but at the same time, this is Le Mans and anything can and will happen!

After the brilliant Nurburgring 24 Hours I'm really excited for this now.

Yep I will be following this one live, my exams will be over. Live timing, Live video feed, Le Mans Radio, a few beers, good discussion on GTP. I can't wait. 👍

I love Peugeot and Aston, I can't decide which one I want to win, especially as Peugeot should have won it last year. I'd like Anthony Davidson to do well in the third AMR in
LMP1.

No need if you have a HD TV or set-top box. ONE HD will show coverage of the Le Mans 24 Hour this year. I doubt they'll show full 24 hour coverage, but the race has never aired on network TV in Australia, so coverage is coverage for all I care! :D

A little boring to see that it´s most likely a walk in the park victory for Corvette in GT1, but at the same time, this is Le Mans and anything can and will happen!

Yeah I agree, would have been nice for Aston to enter atleast one works DBR9 team into GT1 this year. Instead they seem to be concentrating on LMP1, despite Ulrich Bez saying himself he doesn't expect to come anywhere near the top 3 in a Radio LeMans interview during the Nurburgring 24. I hope the Aston V8 Vantage does quite well in it's class.

So far I've got a favourite in each class, apart from LMP2 (but I don't really get into that). Of course I'd love Astons LMP1 to win LMP1, I'll probably vouch for the privateer DBR9 team in GT1 and in GT2 the Aston again. I'm certainly looking forward to this race though, should be good. And hopefully close too!

I arranged not to work in the Le Mans weekend to be able to watch as much of it as possible from home. From what I understood Eurosport will be broadcasting it live from their ('free') cable program. I hope they will :scared:

I will most definetly be following this and properly this time. Obviously I will be supporting the R15's, but being a brit I want the all Aston's to do well too:tup:.
Hopefully when the time comes we will have a thread like the Nurburgring 24hr one, full of awesomeness:D:tup:.

Cannot wait..:P

Why isn't Aston entering their GT1 cars this year? :confused:

I didn't catch very much of the 'Ring 24 this year live, unfortunately. Hopefully, I can watch/listen to/discuss this race a bit more actively than I did the Nurb. Cannot wait to see Audi defend their title... yet again.

Looking forward to this years race doing a graphics project on it at the moment, time to start stockpiling the red bull.

Does anyone know if England tv coverage will be on eurosport again? pm me please,

My Support :

LMP1
Aston Martin Racing - Lola Aston Martin
Pescarolo Sport - Peugeot 908

LMP2
RML - Lola Mazda Coupe
Navi Team Goh - Porsche RS Spyder

LM GT1
JetAlliance Racing GMBH - Aston Martin DBR9
-- Reserves
-- Team Larbre Competition - Saleen S7R

LM GT2
Flying Lizard Motorsport - Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (997)

Anyone else ready to name yet?

LMP1-
Any of the Aston Martins

LMP2-
:confused:

GT1-
Corvette Racing

GT2-
Aston V8 Vantage

LMP1
Aston Martin Racing - Lola Aston Martin
and
Audi R15

LMP2
?

LM GT1
JetAlliance Racing GMBH - Aston Martin DBR9

LM GT2
Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Thats my lot, as I said before I'm not interested in the LMP2 class. I'm supporting the Audi as well as the Aston because as much as I like the Aston, I can't see it winning. The Audi, IMO puts up a better chance of placing highly. So I'll support both teams.

My friend's team got invited to test last week, The Barazi Epsilon Zytek FTW! :D

Team lineup is Fernando Rees, Juan Barazi and Michael Vergers 👍

^ Awesome, will keep an eye out for them when the race comes round:tup:.

Now for my support:

LMP1
Main: The Audi Sport Team Joest R15's (obviously)
A little, full if Audi cocks up: Aston Martin Racing Lola's

LMP2 - Not going to be properly following this class though
The Porsche RS Spyders

LMGT1
The JLOC Lamborghini Murcielago

LMGT2
The Flying Lizard Motorsport 997 RSR
Drayson Racing Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Its going to be even more awesome because ive realised my exams will be over when Le Mans is on.:D

EDIT 2: FAIL :ouch:
EDIT: My Exams are well over by then so I'm up for watching most of it :D

Last edited:
Here's my favorites

LMP1
Aston Martin Racing - Lola Aston Martin, Audi have had it all there own way for far too long.

LMP2
RML - Lola Mazda Coupe, how will they cope without MG XPower.

GT1
JLOC - Mercielago, I attended the event in 07 when they wrote the car off in the very first qualifying session, some teams would have packed up and gone home, but not JLOC. They sorced a doner car from the DAM's team and spent the next 48 hours converting it to Le Mans spec, the cheer's they recieved from the crowd as they pushed the car into position for the parade lap was something I'll never forget. And what result did they achive for all the hard work? They managed 1 lap before the gearbox broke. But it didn't really matter, their never give up attitude mean's I'm a fan for life.

GT2
Flying Lizard Motorsport - 997RSR, with the other cars I've chosen I thought I should at least pick one with a good chance of a class win.

Last edited:
Aldo001 that link is 2 years old, eurosport signed a 3 year contract last year, it's on eurosport but there are no schedual times yet. And it's June 13-14th

I've not quoted your post so you can edit yours and i can edit mine ;)

And thank goodness too, as I don't get MotorsTV but I do get Eurosport and it was decent last year 👍

My car/driver followings:

LMP1:
AMR-Lola - Davidson/Verstappen/Turner
LMP2:
Kruse-Schiller Motorsport - Lola-Mazda - Sini/Marsh/Noda
GT1:
JetAlliance Racing - AM DBR9 - Lichtner-Hoyer/Gruber/Muller
GT2:
Drayson Racing - AM V8 Vantage - Drayson/Cocker/Franchitti

Aldo001 that link is 2 years old, eurosport signed a 3 year contract last year, it's on eurosport but there are no schedual times yet. And it's June 13-14th .

:ouch:
I gots excited :guilty:
I probably should have read it in some detail 💡
Original post has been changified

Check justin.tv or something. Eurosport will air the full 24 hrs on Eurosport and Eurosport 2. Of wich I have both! =)

I'll be cheering for the Astons in the LMP1 class. It's time a different team step on the highest podium spot now, Peugeot have been trying so hard for the past years, surely their work must result in a Le Mans win very soon? I'm also hoping for a strong finish for the Lola Aston.

As for the LMP2 class, not really paying attention to that one, althought an LMP2 class car getting in the LMP1 mix would be nice to see.

GT1? Corvette I suppose?

GT2: Flying Lizard! Without any doubt the most beautiful car on the grid, the liveries of the past years have been an eye-candy! Hope they snatch the win in the GT2 class, although Risi Competizione won't let them go without a good fight!

Latest Posts

Back