7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Chances are they did notice that but either chose not to fix it or couldn't fix for whatever reason (usually risk assessement) before release.
Probably no one found it or it wasn't deemed a serious (enough) issue on the version of the game that was submitted for release but later testing for patches found the issue. Many bugs like this are found shortly before submission but due to time and/or budget constraints the bugs are not fixed for release and are instead left for patches.

Trust me - if it seems obvious and crazy that the testers would have missed a bug then 100% of the time the testers did find it. Please don't blame the testers for bugs being in games!

Exactly... they knew what the bugs were before the game was released... but the launch deadline and the new games release policy (release now fix later) didnt allow them to have it ironed out...

Lets hope this year is diferent... I was very pleased with Dirt 3 -almost flawless (offline - single player)

Ok saidur ive spent a couple of hours today on the tt in gt5 and managed a 1:14.8 which is 47nd on leaderboard at time of writing this. i could probably get another 3 -4 tenths on that,but below that might come down to how well the car come off that last corner from the grass.i think all times are going to be wiped now because of corner cutting,but i wont be redoing it,cause the game is just not for me,same as shaggy f1 is where i like to race so im gonna stick with that.i noticed your time on the leaderboards and you are quick aswell, strange how you could,nt quite find the pace in f1 2010.look forward to seeing you in f1 2011.

Thanks for trying it out. Amazing pace considering you don't play GT5 much but I think this shows your skills translate directly to GT5 too and most likely other games as you just need to grasp the concepts of going fast which you do very well ;). I think I could lower my current time by about the same margin you say but I stopped due to maintenance and then announcement that they are going to reset it. I normally do quite well on other games too but with F1 2010 and no assists don't work out for me, only game I can think off that this happens. I can be competitive with assists on, I just need to find out how to make it work without them on in F1 2010. I think it is mainly due to no feel, I can just direct it and get the power on early with assists, without them and no feel I'm not as confident.

I wonder if a wheel upgrade will help me as I'm currently using a DFGT and the pedals are not the best on them. I might get a G27 as they seem to be the best value for money wheel out there considering you get a shifter with it too all for less than £200. I'm hoping F1 2011 with its better physics will make me more competitive. I won't be the game straight away as last time I did not really play it for a month or two due to Uni year starting again so this time I will wait for the price to go down a bit. I only started playing Fifa 11 and got it more or less at launch, same time as F1 2010.

Edit:

I thought I'd add how come you never did the GT Academy event, I think you would get in the top 20 as your raw pace is better than mine in GT5?

Last edited:
I think it is mainly due to no feel, I can just direct it and get the power on early with assists, without them and no feel I'm not as confident.

I wonder if a wheel upgrade will help me as I'm currently using a DFGT and the pedals are not the best on them. I might get a G27 as they seem to be the best value for money wheel out there considering you get a shifter with it too all for less than £200.

I'd been wanting a G27 for a while and F1 2010 finally broke me down (along with an offer to get it for $200US). IMO paddle shifters and good pedals are key in that game, and that is certainly what you get with the G27 in comparison to the DFGT which I drove for a long time. I used to do right-foot braking, but the brake pedal on the G27 is so different that I've switched to left foot and now I'm much faster, and now my hands don't hurt from having to reach so far to hit the paddle shifters on the DFGT. :yuck:

But that's also what I loved about F1 2010, the difficulty level with no assists. I remember thinking the Peugeot 908 and Audi R10 were too hard to handle when GT5 came out, now they're pieces of cake after playing F1 2010 and adapting to that game. The challenge brings enjoyment for me, playing a career mode without allowing myself any restarts, etc. F1 is a sport where incidents can put you out of the race really easily, and it's the same on the game. I like that.

Hi guys,

first sunday without championship race.
What do you think about the first impressions of the new f1 2011 game?

Best regards

DarkPSI

Hi guys,

Best regards

DarkPSI

Don't think there are any in depth reviews out yet but the first impressions all seem to be very positive don't they? I suppose a much improved version of the original game has to be good really. Lots of talk on the forums about players wanting to switch to cockpit view now they have improved that and included mirrors on all the cars, which is good. I made a suggestion to one of the developers to put in a 'force cockpit view' lobby setup option as i still think most players will opt for the T cam view for an advantage if they think others are using it. Forcing that option for people who want to use cockpit view seems very logical to me but I do not know if they have implemented that.

Co-op championship sounds great (unless you have shaggy for a team mate of course)!

Hi guys,

Best regards

DarkPSI

99% positive.

The one thing i'm a bit miffed by though is that there's nothing between 20%-50% races, gone are the 30%/40% options. I usually race in single player either 30% or 40%. I'd love to know how they arrived at this stupid decision - it hardly would cost them much development time or resources to include 30/40% races.

It is a definately a good step in the right direction, just disappointed in stuff like it is not even remotely close to reality as far as lap times go. When people get the game, the Singapore Grand Prix will be on and in the game the lap times are like over 12 seconds faster than real qualifying in GP mode which is too much a margin to be out I would say. That suggests either the track is wrong, the cornering speeds are too high which is most likely even with braking points being further back like last game. I think they probably overdone the Kers and DRS boost as the lap times seem to be a bit more faster than 2010 on that track.

99% positive.

The one thing i'm a bit miffed by though is that there's nothing between 20%-50% races, gone are the 30%/40% options. I usually race in single player either 30% or 40%. I'd love to know how they arrived at this stupid decision - it hardly would cost them much development time or resources to include 30/40% races.

Yeah I agree. I would have understood if they would have disabled tyre wear and fuel in sessions lower than 50%. But this doesnt seems to be the case, so I also dont understand why it isnt possible to go 30 or 40%.

But perhaps this is also an indication that the tyre wear and fuel stuff only works under "real simulated" parameters in 50% and higher race distances.

That I can do, as long as there's something worth posting, certainly not because of my driving :dopey:

I would like to see career mode and the changes from last year and the safety car without someone being a retard trying purposly to make bugs and then complaining.

I would like to see career mode and the changes from last year and the safety car without someone being a retard trying purposly to make bugs and then complaining.

That's definitely something I want to see, not the bugs, but the safety car :) Can't guarantee not being a retard though :sly:

Yeah I agree. I would have understood if they would have disabled tyre wear and fuel in sessions lower than 50%. But this doesnt seems to be the case, so I also dont understand why it isnt possible to go 30 or 40%.

But perhaps this is also an indication that the tyre wear and fuel stuff only works under "real simulated" parameters in 50% and higher race distances.

Was surprised at this too. The smaller percentages could have caused issues on either end of the spectrum. Running out of fuel and premature tire wear or the opposite, no fuel woes and no substantial tire wear. But if it's the same for all ...

Yes, this is the only thing that makes it at all understandable - as 50% single player races in last year's game would just be too boring, what with only one pit-stop and highly durable tyres. This year I guess to get the most out of the experience you probably need to do at least 50%. Still, 50% is around 45 mins for each race - that's a lot of time to be committing to it. My career is going to take a looong time now since i'm not going to do Mickey Mouse 20% races.

I went by GameStop today to pick up a copy of F1 Championship Edition, the guy at the counter tried to sell me F1 2011 today, but then his boss caught him and told me I have to wait. :guilty: So close...

That I can do, as long as there's something worth posting, certainly not because of my driving :dopey:

Its actually a really good idea. Getting the game earlier puts you a step ahead of other channels on youtube, and some F1 2011 videos will really make your channel quite popular and take off. Then when you get to frequently posting videos, you'll be a hit!! Do it man ;)

Its actually a really good idea. Getting the game earlier puts you a step ahead of other channels on youtube, and some F1 2011 videos will really make your channel quite popular and take off. Then when you get to frequently posting videos, you'll be a hit!! Do it man ;)

What he really wanted to say is "I WANT TO SEE AS MANY VIDEOS AS POSSIBLE!". :D

What he really wanted to say is "I WANT TO SEE AS MANY VIDEOS AS POSSIBLE!". :D

This ^

My video posting is only for the benefit/amusement of the people I race and come in infrequent contact with :crazy:

Come to think of it, maybe I could get a ride in the real world because of it??? It could happen.

Perhaps with the local transit service :)

Any of you guys F1 2011 graphics seem to be shockingly bad or is something wrong with my game?? The signposts and walls are like PS2

Any of you guys F1 2011 graphics seem to be shockingly bad or is something wrong with my game?? The signposts and walls are like PS2

Your not wrong m8 ive stopped playing it on the ps3 as i was straining to much to accurately see the braking points,im still shocked that it was released in its state that its in.i now got it on pc and thats where im gonna be from now on,im gutted as i wanted to be in another league here with you lot but i cant get past this issue unfortunetly.

Your not wrong m8 ive stopped playing it on the ps3 as i was straining to much to accurately see the braking points,im still shocked that it was released in its state that its in.i now got it on pc and thats where im gonna be from now on,im gutted as i wanted to be in another league here with you lot but i cant get past this issue unfortunetly.

At least you have the option :guilty:

Sorry I didn't get back to you ASAP tom, I had trouble with the hard drive on my laptop and was without easy access to the net all weekend.

I've responded to your PM but to cover it here too for everyone else' benefit, I already posted about this a few pages ago in this thread:

There is currently no plan to hold a championship as soon as 2011 comes out. The consensus is to wait a bit before holding one - partly to give us all a break, partly to let us focus and enjoy the single player and partly to let the post-release excitement die down so we get more long-term players.

But as I said earlier in the thread, there is a plan (at least for me) to run a India test night where I will run through all the different settings for online lobbies and gain some experience with all the new gadgets and the new circuit. This will have a mini-championship involved.
I'll probably hold it either the weekend or the weekend after the release.

To add to this, there is also major bugs and issues with F1 2011 currently and I personally wouldn't like to try and run a serious series in this game with these bugs.
The main issues being the setup bugs and the major corner cutting and penalty issues. While most of us are obviously quite trustworthy, the temptation to cut the corners just a little bit more than usual is sometimes too great. Its too easy currently to get used to being able to cut half of Montreal out. Its pretty ridiculous really. The worst is Eau Rouge which you can completely screw up and not recieve a penalty.

I still plan on running the India test however and I will create a thread during this week. The current plan is to run it this weekend, more details will be in that thread.
Not impressed with the lack of penalty of running on the gravel at India though, you can run wide at nearly all the corners and suffer little to no penalty in speed. Hopefully we can at least try and keep to the confines of the track a bit more than the average person online.

Latest Posts

Back