800PP High Speed Ring - xx:00 / :20 / :40

• Thread starter axle
  • 582 comments
Mario, I'm not talking about the overall comparison between pad and wheel, or the varying possible laptimes, or the advantages/disadvantages that one or the other may/may not have. I'm simply talking about a particular technical fact of the shape of the pad throttle curve. Further, with a power car like the Corvette on a circuit like HSR, the most important area of the throttle output happens to be the super-sensitive area on the throttle for pad users. And in particular with the corner entering the tunnel, which opens up, you need to make intricate use of the top 25% of the throttle.

I mean, you're sending me a link to some guy who used to use the d-pad & buttons who changed to a G25, and how difficult it was for him. I'm not talking about a wheel/pedals being easier or harder in general. I'm specifically talking only about the throttle curve for the pad. Whatever the pedals are like is not within the scope of my point.

Last edited:
Thanks :) I still think there's another tenth or two left in it and maybe a bit more if I play with the tune some more 👍

I use R2/R2 with max power and minimum weight with the S2k. I'll post my tune later on.

BTW, is the S2k a bit faster than the tuned Z06 for this event? I raced FAK (he was in the Tuned Viper) the other night and it seemed like the Viper was a good bit slower than the S2k, but then again the Viper has always had rather weak high end pull from what I remember....so maybe that's why it's not so good for HSR.

Cant wait to try your tune

Thanks mate! Im improving fast yes but its a bit hard to get consistent with the GTLM:scared:! Tried the S2k and it was much easier to drive there! But i like challenges and its good for practicing;)! Got 1.02.659:D!

If i had a good tune for the GTLM i would drive it uit the tune i have produces so much liftoff oversteer that it has nothing to do with a challenges but more like drifting :lol:

@Alan

As a long time pad user I think you are overrating the throttle distribution problem in GT5p. Of course it is not the best solution but the game gives you some tools to fight with it , for example changing controller setup to Right Analogue Stick (or one of the triggers) for Throttle will help you with this issue .. As all of us,Gran Turismo veterans, know it will never be as smooth as with any Wheelstand with pedals but this is what it is .. Just live with it.. I still think GT5p is very enjoyable game with pad and you can be competitive against top wheel users if you are talented enough .. If you are not, you have to work on your lines, tune or just buy a wheel and enjoy the racing genre games as they are supposed to be played..

cheers

Well I'm done for tonight :) Thanks for the highly enjoyable racing guys! :cheers:

I managed a new PB race time of 10'28.471 with the S2K in the last race (w/VR6,twistybits, and Flash48), starting from the front with no drafting help throughout the race. Lap times ranged from high 1'02.4's to low 1'02.6's with the first lap being 1'05.2xx or something like that.

Also did a new PB in free run with my updated tune: 1'02.294

Here's my latest tune 👍

Power 0
Weight 85

R2/R2
20/29 aero

-20/-19
1/1
1/1
-.08/.00
1.7/1.7
4/4

turning angle 42

Final 4.046

Thanks to EBK2, PASM, VR6 and CRAZYTORTISE ( hope i didnt forget anyone)! Was a great race or better yet could have been a great race... but i crashed :scared:... hope i didnt caused any accident:ouch:! I tried but the GTLM is damn hard to drive lol! I need the harder training i can get so ill keep racing with it:idea:! Tomorrow will be better for sure:tup:!

EDIT: EBK2 i almost got you at Viper on N1 TT:) im 11th now:D!

Last edited:
Had some awesome battles last night. With CT Pasm EBK2 VR6 and some others, sorry if i didn't mention some but it was very late Sorry for some of the bumps cos like i said it was very late :lol:

Request to Horde Please don't drive your ghost car in a group of people that are still racing, anymore. Thanks

Well I'm done for tonight :) Thanks for the highly enjoyable racing guys! :cheers:

I managed a new PB race time of 10'28.471 with the S2K in the last race (w/VR6,twistybits, and Flash48), starting from the front with no drafting help throughout the race. Lap times ranged from high 1'02.4's to low 1'02.6's with the first lap being 1'05.2xx or something like that.

You did a great job there mate.
You kept your promise and beat me by miles.
I'm gonna try your tune also tonight.
Maybe i can get a bit closer but it's stil hard to drive HSR with sixaxis.
Thanks for the great and close races though.

roomboter, crazy, timeattack, pasm and all the other fast dudes that were behind me :sly:

Request to Horde Please don't drive your ghost car in a group of people that are still racing, anymore. Thanks

That doesnt seem a nice request to me! If it is, sounds diferent. Seems your telling me what to do. But maybe thats me...

Last edited:
Will be around again tonight for some fun 👍

VR6 don't forget it's 10 laps not 9 ;) :lol:

I was right on VR6 rear wing when pulled the handbrake at the end of lap 9. Scared the **** out of me and doubt myself if it was lap 9 or 10 :lol:

it must be the booze crazy :>

Told you so many times, don't drink and drive :lol:

That doesnt seem a nice request to me! If it is, sounds diferent. Seems your telling me what to do. But maybe thats me...

I'm not telling you what to do. Just ask you polite something.

Just a snippet from the OLR rules...

13: Ghost Cars:

A: A ghost car is any car that is transparent and/or flickering transparent.

B: If your car is a ghost car, you take on the responsibilities of the following "Recovering from an incident" and "Re-entering to the track after running off" topics as you are at fault. You also give the correct driving line to the non ghosted cars (taking a turn wide so others can pass on the inside). Do not return to the driving line if possible until your car is back to the normal state.

C:If you are approaching one or more ghost cars on the track, do your best to avoid any contact with them at all as they may return to a normal state immediately. Then the contact would be your fault and in turn you may become a ghost car and have to make room for others while you car slows due to the penalty.

D:If your car becomes a ghost, you are not permitted to overtake other cars. If you happen to overtake a car while being a ghost, you must return to your original position safely.

I'm done for the night :ill: Just got done jumping cars at Eiger with CT :lol: :dunce:

I managed to improve my free air lap with the S2k to 1'02.277 after doing some minor changes to the tune 👍 I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

Power 0
Weight 85

R2/R2
20/29 aero

-20/-19 (changed to -20)
1/1
1/1
-.08/.00
1.7 (changed to 1.9) /1.7
4/4

turning angle 42

Final 4.046

At least you got in :lol: I spent all night in stupid spectator view or everyone frozen on the grid 👎 . But the round of car jumping did help ease the frustration lol

I should have stuck around to watch the jumping. :drool: I had a great time following you and timeattack around the track last night! Very fun! :cheers:

I'm done for the night :ill: Just got done jumping cars at Eiger with CT :lol: :dunce:

I managed to improve my free air lap with the S2k to 1'02.277 after doing some minor changes to the tune 👍 I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

Timeattack, thanks for sharing your tune, and your updates. I gave it a try and found it to be about 3/10ths faster than my R3/R3 tune (my best on your tune was about 1'03.1), but nowhere near your best time, which doesn't surprise me at all given the results of the GT5 Demo. :bowdown: I switched my tune to R2/R2 along with the other PP parameters from your tune, and my tune was about 1 sec/lap slower! Then I substitued your gearbox into my tune, and regained that second! Wow, the gears made a huge difference! I then tried morphing a number of the other parameters to see what the effect was. I didn't see anything significant except the changing the ride height to -10/-10 (instead of -20/-20) seemed to be good for about 3/10ths (maybe). I tried your gearbox with my R3 tune, and not surprisingly (if the PP system is working correctly), it was basically just as fast as on R2s (my tune) (actually my best lap was on R3s, but only slightly better). Thanks again. :cheers:

The interesting thing is that for me, the Amuse is still 2 to 3/10ths slower than the vette (best lap 1'02.830), although I have a lot more laps in the vette. So, I'm thinking you might want to try my vette tune and see what you can do with it. Note though that it's a TwistyTune(c) :) and reflects that I think PD has the spring rates front to rear reversed (been that way in all Specs, I-III). That is, stiffening one end of the car makes the other end looser, which in my experience is backwards from the real world. The dampers seem correct though. So, this tune has the front set softer than the rear, trying to get this nose heavy brick to rotate. :ill:

PS. Just realized I did a double post. Sorry for that. :eek:
PPS: Just edited the tune to reflect what I'm currently running.

Z06/Tuned: HSR 800PP

HP: 536
Weight: 969
Tires: R3 R3
Aero: 20 23
Height: 0 -5
Spring: 9 4
Shock: 7 8
Toe: -.30 +.15
Camber: 1.5 1.1
Bias: 4 8
TCS: 1
ASM: 1
ABS: 1
1st: 2.308
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.180
4th: 0.929
5th: 0.757
6th: 0.596
Final: 3.934

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your tune TB :cheers: I'll give it a try later today and report back 👍 I'll be happy and quite suprised if I can go .2 or .3 faster with the Vette than the Amuse (as you can) :sly:

Last edited:
In @ :00 if anyone's still around.

I just tried your tune TB :) Thanks again for posting it 👍

I'm pretty darn happy with it so far....only ended up changing the brake balance to 6/5 so far and the rear camber to 1.4. My best lap after about 15 laps was a 1'02.182 (probably another tenth left at most with this tune), so that's about a tenth quicker than the Amuse 👍 The gearing seems spot on, so maybe I will try playing around with the suspension to find that little extra bit of speed (if there is anything left in it).

In @ :00 if anyone's still around.

I just tried your tune TB :) Thanks again for posting it 👍

I'm pretty darn happy with it so far....only ended up changing the brake balance to 6/5 so far and the rear camber to 1.4. My best lap after about 15 laps was a 1'02.182 (probably another tenth left at most with this tune), so that's about a tenth quicker than the Amuse 👍 The gearing seems spot on, so maybe I will try playing around with the suspension to find that little extra bit of speed (if there is anything left in it).

Maybe I'll convert you to a Detroit plastic fan? :eek:

And, I'm using your Amuse tune. Happy as well. :) I also tried a few tweaks and found some improvement (for me) by raising it to -10/-10 and then stiffening the suspension to S7/4, D4/7 (addling in a bit more oversteer). It's probably just personal preference. I did manage a 1'02.925 though, which is just a 1/10th shy of my best in the vette (and which is similar to the lap time difference you're getting, although I'm a good deal slower :dunce:). There're definitely some techniques (that I haven't really nailed down yet :confused:) on corner entry that make a very big difference in laps times. I'm gonna have to talk you into giving a driving lesson. :bowdown:

This is the tune that i'm running with the Vette

It's not made by myself. It's a little bit of this and a little bit of that tune. Best lap i did with it is 1:02:805 in race clean air like you can see in the video below. Lap 4. My average is very high 02 very low 03, when i'm awake enough :lol:

Can somebody tell me were i can find that .500 - .600 so i can dip it in the low 02, like some of you. In this lap there is space to win a bit but never half a second or more. I know the exit of the last corner before you start your flying lap is a big part of a successful flying lap. I think manage tat well in lap 3. Tell me the secret, please.

Last edited:
Terrible connection here... trying again at 20...

EDIT: Im getting consistent:D and got 1.02.361 alone:)!

Last edited:
Well...I fooled around with TA's Amuse tune today, couldn't manage less than 1:03.5xx's...so I took it to the standard 800pp HSR....

A few 1:01.9xx's and many 1:02.xxx's... :crazy:

Back