800PP High Speed Ring - xx:00 / :20 / :40

• Thread starter axle
  • 582 comments
Yes i know double post but it's been a few days. Thanks to some guys for good races, Twisty (even though it was only 2 :lol: ) Ctp_Disaster, theslowcar, Enigma and others. Sorry if I forgot to mention you.

Will be back tomorrow night. only had 2 or 3 matching issues al night which was a plesent suprise, but my damn internet connection was giving me problems so that made it all up :D

:cheers:

Hi, is anyone racing this event? Ive only matched once tonight whereas previous nights have jumped straight in.

Great and hectic races tonight guys 👍

Thanks to TwistyBits, CT, Cpt_Disaster, DOUQA, and the usual GTHQ posse :D, had great fun tonight until the continuous matching fails kicked in!!

Will be up for more tomorrow, so hopefully see you guys on the track 👍

Some really nice racing here tonight. Crispy, Twisty, DOUQA and the GTHQ guys. Great fun. Must also mention Cpt.Disaster, if you ever want to get a tag I'll back you up. It's great to be on the track with you. Clean and fast. Complete opposite compaired to 1yr ago 👍 Great stuff man 👍 👍 👍 👍

Did a few races today but ended up giving up after all of the stupid server issues (discconects, freezes, 2 car grids when it shows 12 on the loading screen, etc.) 👎 :grumpy: Only got 1 race with crazytortise after 3 1/2 hours of trying, which is pretty pathetic in my book :yuck:

I did manage these times with the Amuse S2K today:

Total race time: 10'29.201

Best free air lap: 1'02.324

Did a few races today but ended up giving up after all of the stupid server issues (discconects, freezes, 2 car grids when it shows 12 on the loading screen, etc.) 👎 :grumpy: Only got 1 race with crazytortise after 3 1/2 hours of trying, which is pretty pathetic in my book :yuck:

That first race was a comedy of errors too TA, I took a break with the intention of coming back but the issues you and CT were having stopped me bothering, I really hope GT5 is better than this, if it ever turns up :lol:

Probably yes:)! But i made a quick setup and i have G25 for 2 weeks so im a newbie:dopey:!

Then it's pretty quick and your used to the steeringwheel fast

That's freaking fast. mate 👍 I wonder where you find that much time compare to my lap times. I run the vette and can do 02:8xx What tires are you using?

That's freaking fast. mate 👍 I wonder where you find that much time compare to my lap times. I run the vette and can do 02:8xx What tires are you using?

Thanks :) I still think there's another tenth or two left in it and maybe a bit more if I play with the tune some more 👍

I use R2/R2 with max power and minimum weight with the S2k. I'll post my tune later on.

BTW, is the S2k a bit faster than the tuned Z06 for this event? I raced FAK (he was in the Tuned Viper) the other night and it seemed like the Viper was a good bit slower than the S2k, but then again the Viper has always had rather weak high end pull from what I remember....so maybe that's why it's not so good for HSR.

No more.

HSR 800 wasn't the favourite event here (most GTPers were racing Suzuka), but I had there some amazing races and battles. Many losses, a few wins, but it was the racing that mattered.

So, just before this, now condemned, thread fades away, I'd like to thank all the guys that made HSR 800 a very good racing experience for me. You know who you are, your names get mentioned again and again in this thread.

A special "thank you", however, must go to NLxAROSA, because what LP2K says in the quoted part of his post isn't really about me, it's about my car. A Dutch Customs tuned Vette. It was amazingly suited for the event. Congratulations NLxAROSA, I'll probably be your faithfull client from now on 👍

The above quoted post was posted in October 2008, about 1,5 years ago. It marked the end of HSR 800 PP at the time, and it was also the "beggining of the end" of my GT5P career. Apart from the 1st Evora cup and a few T&L events - litle later - I effectively abbandoned GT5P, and went on to other racing games, PS3 and PC.

It's a bit sad that I return to GT in 2010 and it still is GT5P I am playing. But anyway, and apart from the Jurassic online that this game has, it is still fun when you play it in good company.

So, tonight (in my usual "late night schedule") I had a few fantastic races with good friends, some (like me) from those old times of HSR 2008 - GTP_mr geez and GTP_FLASH48 - some new, like ALanG, GTP_Bullie, Hairy_Dave. Thank you all! :)

PS - Lars (the tuner) and Hyperspeed (the test driver) I think the Vette needs a few tweaks, if you guys still keep DC updated, please take a look ;).

Maybe it's because I'm older, but I'm having a lot more trouble to keep up with mr. geez's S2K than I used to have in 2008. And he is older too :D

So, tonight (in my usual "late night schedule") I had a few fantastic races with good friends, some (like me) from those old times of HSR 2008 - GTP_mr geez and GTP_FLASH48 - some new, like ALanG, GTP_Bullie, Hairy_Dave. Thank you all! :)

PS - Lars (the tuner) and Hyperspeed (the test driver) I think the Vette needs a few tweaks, if you guys still keep DC updated, please take a look ;).
:D

Yeah it was good racing Mario, although I only got in for 2 races. In the first race, I got the usual pad snap-oversteer entering the tunnel, glanced off the wall, penalty, and that killed my 4 second lead. Very annoyed, so parked up. In the 2nd race, no messing around. The usual couple of knife-edge exits into the tunnel, but wasn't letting a penalty happen again.

As some setups suggest with the Tuned Corvette, I reduced the rear downforce to minimum. It makes a big difference; my best free-air lap is 1'02.7. But it's very tricky to handle on corner-exit. Unfortunately it brings the pad throttle distribution to the surface again; with a powerhouse like the Corvette, that 75-95% zone is so crucial, but so difficult and impractical to hit on the pad due to the non-linear throttle. It's especially important exiting the corner before the tunnel.

There's no doubt we can manage. Many people get around it better than myself; it takes real care, patience and tolerance (tolerance not being my strongest point!). But when it does go wrong and you get a snap of oversteer, the steering is also pretty unresponsive; with big oversteer, you have to release the opposite lock around 1 second in anticipation of the car actually straightening up. One of the most positive things in the TT demo is that the pad steering is much, much more responsive. It catches oversteer like a dream in the demo! So hopefully they'll carry this over to GT5, and surely make the pad throttle linear, or even allow NFS Shift style options to set the throttle curve shape (it's a "sensitivity" percentage in Shift, although sensitivity is not the best word for it).

Thanks mate! Im improving fast yes but its a bit hard to get consistent with the GTLM:scared:! Tried the S2k and it was much easier to drive there! But i like challenges and its good for practicing;)! Got 1.02.659:D!

Yeah it was good racing Mario, although I only got in for 2 races. In the first race, I got the usual pad snap-oversteer entering the tunnel, glanced off the wall, penalty, and that killed my 4 second lead. Very annoyed, so parked up. In the 2nd race, no messing around. The usual couple of knife-edge exits into the tunnel, but wasn't letting a penalty happen again.

There's no doubt we can manage. Many people get around it better than myself; it takes real care, patience and tolerance (tolerance not being my strongest point!). But when it does go wrong and you get a snap of oversteer, the steering is also pretty unresponsive; with big oversteer, you have to release the opposite lock around 1 second in anticipation of the car actually straightening up. One of the most positive things in the TT demo is that the pad steering is much, much more responsive. It catches oversteer like a dream in the demo! So hopefully they'll carry this over to GT5, and surely make the pad throttle linear, or even allow NFS Shift style options to set the throttle curve shape (it's a "sensitivity" percentage in Shift, although sensitivity is not the best word for it).

Alan, reserve your judgement until you get what I would call the ... usual wheel snap-oversteer :sly: pretty deadly stuff :scared:

I'd say that IF there is a GT5P combo where pad users plus the assists they get minus the lesser sensitivity of the pad ... aren't penalized against wheel users, it has got to be this one.

But we both hardly are qualified to evaluate this kind of stuff. Guys like mr geez and Synwraith, and other pad top drivers that have bought a wheel AND remained top drivers, are the ones that can tell the full story.

Some fun back and forth racing the last 2 nites. I like the Amuse for the twisty bits and the flat out (almost!) first long corner.

Clean racing for the most part too. Also weird to race with 4 of those Citroens when they are limited to 800 pp; they are quite beatable!

I'd say that IF there is a GT5P combo where pad users plus the assists they get minus the lesser sensitivity of the pad ... aren't penalized against wheel users, it has got to be this one.

But we both hardly are qualified to evaluate this kind of stuff. Guys like mr geez and Synwraith, and other pad top drivers that have bought a wheel AND remained top drivers, are the ones that can tell the full story.

I'm not sure what pad assist you're talking about in this game.

I don't need a wheel/pedals setup to know that the pad throttle is needlessly and unhelpfully non-linear. And also I don't need a wheel/pedals setup to know that this makes it more difficult to avoid wheelspin on corner-exit with power cars like the Corvette.

I'm not talking about overall laptime comparisons between pad/wheel; I'm simply talking about corner exit, and how it is more difficult with a pad to get the limit without wheelspin on corner-exit with power cars.

Last edited:
Back