800PP High Speed Ring - xx:00 / :20 / :40

• Thread starter axle
  • 582 comments
The trouble with this class is that you're going so fast in the final turn and the first real corner, just before the esses, that the wall ride penalty is totally absorbed by the increased speed and a big advantage is gained.

I don't wall ride.

Ever.

Even if the other guy does.

If I hit a barrier it's because I've made a mistake. When that happens, I've scrubbed off so much speed trying not to hit the barrier that it really hurts when the penalty hits me.

That's how a penalty should work.

It's bad when deliberately hitting a wall just doesn't punish the driver.

I've had people try to wall ride around me there, and fail, simple as.

Yes so have I. The trouble is if someone is good at wall riding they get the advantage.

It's a shame as well. I'm having some really good races for 3rd-5th places in my Mine's Skyline.

It's not quite set up right but the R3 tyres are hiding the areas I need to improve.

For some reason I'm enjoying driving it more that a well set up car.

I don't believe i lost a single race yesterday, i was on the top step of the podium every time (although i only met some GTRP guys once so competition was generally not great) I had quite alot of races yesterday to so these 'good' wall riders must not have been around.

Just done a few races. Very close and a lot of bumping and grinding (in a good 'close racing' way). Fun was definitely had :)

Had a race only Tuned Vettes and S2K's were used

Results were in 3 Vettes got full podiums and the rest were S2K's to 11th and a Vette at the bottom.

So the Vette took all the big positions yes Last is big :lol:

Oh I got a few 1st's and now have attained my FIRST F1 car and completed S class yay!
(Soon as I unlocked S class ive only played online heh....)

EDIT: Is it me or is it just that Ive met more unfriendly racers while using a GTP tag than my drift one...? :embarrassed:

EDIT2: Just had a race and got pitted... WTF
Last lap beltx [ES] comes up from the inside of the tunnel I let some room and I get smacked into the pit sign...

Next race I seen him first lap T2 nudge someone into the wall. Then I made my revenge plot at the S corners. I slipped into his line and he thought I was gonna smack him which he himself ended up in the grass :lol:

Since that was on first lap I was first at the time and sped away. Each Section I was half a second faster each time. Last lap it was 12 sec gap between me and him :lol:

and to finish off I stop before the line just to annoy him. hahahaha...

end of story
Play with GTP and you get owned :D

Last edited:
You guys missed the most epic race ever done in GT. Me(elmataplata),GTP_L_Hamilton, slice and I think it was lin were going at it in 2 tuned vettes and 2 s2ks. Last lap we were 4 wide on the bridge and 3 wide in the essses all the way to the last turn. and that was just the last lap, we went 2x2 wide for 4 laps straight.

You guys missed the most epic race ever done in GT. Me(elmataplata),GTP_L_Hamilton, slice and I think it was lin were going at it in 2 tuned vettes and 2 s2ks. Last lap we were 4 wide on the bridge and 3 wide in the essses all the way to the last turn. and that was just the last lap, we went 2x2 wide for 4 laps straight.

I want that on video :P

NTSC race?

Well I had a revenge race posted before :D

Well we've had some guys in HSR just now, racings pretty good and I've made some crazy moves that could never be attempted with a grid of normal drivers. For example i've been diving up the inside on T1 at 210mph then slowing on the apex (to avoid the wall at around 170mph) An already crazy move to attempt made crazier because i've done t twice, once on 3 cars in 1, once overtaking 4+ cars in the single turn.

Great driving by Wanna_B to avoid a huge crash even though i have every right to cut onto the apex and slow (if im there first) it takes some skill to avoid contact.

yup, first time at HSR and what better way to learn and practice than try to keep Dragonistic in view.....try to keep him in view, thats harder than the race itself:scared:

yup, first time at HSR and what better way to learn and practice than try to keep Dragonistic in view.....try to keep him in view, thats harder than the race itself:scared:

Thanks, but honestly you ( Theewar and Jack to ) were doing a great job racing. I was just being a bit of a nutter and wasn't waiting for many 100% chances to overtake often taking ones which required alot of trust like i did to you, those moves saved me overtaking 3-4 guys later on in the race which probably saved alot of time.

I'm starting to believe that this game is too intense for more Americans...

lol then buy a PAL disk :D

Heres a nice drift car for HSR

Use the Dutch Customs settings for a Tuned Vette on a Tuned Viper and slighty change final and 3rd gear and its a good car. Not as fast as the Vette though but performs better drifts

I like it :) but its slightly slower than the fast racers but anyways...

Funny how people react to a tap yes a tap during a race...

Once again people use me as a GTP wall cushion and a brake pad...

I love this drifting viper! oh and where is everyone....oh right Suzuka...

:dopey:

People won't take kindly to you if you're drifting in a race, they'll treat you as non existent. If you're racing properly and they bump you yes, they're in the wrong, if you're drifting and they bump you, don't expect an apolagy.

sweet!

good run panspeed , i was slowly getting closer in the middle of the corse. 2 more laps...... 👍

yeah, i was watching you in the rear view. i dunno if it was that run, but i just ran a 7:35.688 with a 1:03.9 hot lap using my S2000. personal best..

lot of punters on today.. what else is new. :grumpy:

People won't take kindly to you if you're drifting in a race, they'll treat you as non existent. If you're racing properly and they bump you yes, they're in the wrong, if you're drifting and they bump you, don't expect an apolagy.

I know but I was griping
The only time I drift is usually at the back...

I just met 3 people who punted me in one race...
one used me as a cushion...

Other used me as a brake pad

and the last clipped me on the straight WTH...
Im really pissed I have done nothing wrong... do people hate GTP or something...

Why post something that I already know... If I get in their way and get bumped its my fault... Im sure an idiot would understand :P

still pissed though by the tactics used...

I met the wall rider again with his Mines...

Ok, so their bad then. But thats how alot of people drive on HSR because they can get away with it and they are on an easy track to drive.

yeah what i really cant stand is the punter in hidding, i ran a guy for 5 laps i passed him in the first turn then we fought it out untill he passed me in the last turn. For 5 laps it was the same thing nice clean passes he held his line i held mine all was good untill i got a good run of the last turn on the last lap then i promtly smashed me in to the wall............ why it was going so good, then to top it all off I me the dude the GOT hit gets a contact and a barrier penilty and wind up 3rd.

Could someone please tell me {after last weeks on-line track upgrade} why o why do i now start either last, 2nd last or 3rd last EVERY time on HSR ? {35+ races}

Is it some glitch ?
Is it PD payback {i used to start in the top half on the grid prior to the upgrade}
Or has my luck just gone bad ? .. even though its an enjoyable ride racing from last on the grid to make it to the podium {half the time}

I prefer to start last cus im generally much faster then almost anything else on track with my GTLM, so it evens it out. But if you wanna move up, lower your PP to 799-798 or if you really want first go like 795.

Back