80's cars in GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TurboLevin2NV
  • 103 comments
  • 9,148 views
TurboLevin2NV
hehehe :lol: just for fun, I want the Levin and Trueno AE85 pair, ya know, the one wit the 83 horsepower and open differential so that when yoiu go around a corner it becomes a one wheel wonder :lol:

lol yeah, the 240z in gt4p is one wheel wonder too :D
 
Anybody mention the Delorean? Sure, the guy who financed it was a joke, but the car itself was pretty cool. Beside, the Delorean screams 80s' cool, it's a part of automotive history, AND it remains perhaps the most popular 80s' car outside of the early Miatas'.
 
Funny that, I was thinking about the DeLorean DMC-12 as well. It might not have been that fast what with a lazy Renault V6 under the bonnet. But then, like jjboi said it was so typically 80's, that and the unconvetional things like the gullwing doors and the stainless steel bodywork makes it a pretty cool car.

0404_640_p.jpg
 
Somebody already mentioned the Golf rallye and Buick GNX. sooo...

63_159.jpg
 
ok so im probably wrong.. but it did look a bit wonky from the fist pic

the T definetly doesnt folow the lines of the car
 
I doubt it's a photoshop job, but it's a nice car nevertheless.
 
heres what I want.. well...

Obviously the Delorean, Buick GNX and Mustang 5.0, but the ones not mentioned (I don't think) are...

1989 BMW 325i
bmw325i.jpg


1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria
ltd.jpg

 
a crown vic? why?

I guess it would be fun, just for kicks, to have a boat like that howling it's poor tires down the track. I've watched some old seventies footage of road tests on a mercury marauder (the original 1969 marauder X100). Man that stuff is frightful.

I guess a better question would be why not? I mean, they have so many little japanese econo-boxes in the game to satisfy all the wierd little niche enthusiasts... which aren't exactly breathtaking performers. At least the americans have the v8 rumble to keep you company (along with the aforementioned shrieking bias-ply skinnies).
 
kinigitt
a crown vic? why?

Two reason's actually. One is I own one :dopey: ... the other reason is yeah while it is big, it's also powerful. Especially with the Police Interceptor package. It might wouldn't be super competition for like the corvette or RX-7 or somthing like that that was in the "A Class" but it could be fun for like a B+ class kinda thing. I watched a race once locally (about a year ago) that was just like 80's stock and the LTD won outta all of them and they were all like those american V8s and such :)

Well also just another american car.. I mean, if they can stick in lil cars like the Vitz and Demio and stuff like that just cuz lots of people drive them, I say if ya can get the rights, put others that are seen a lot in places other than Japan. I wonder how many "american cars suck" posts I'll get after this -_-

xcsti
I knoe GM has had shared cars with toyota recently, like the toyota matrix and pontiac umm, I can't remember the name of the pontiac but it's basically a rebadged matrix

I think ya mean the Pontiac Vibe... ugly lil bugger IMO LoL
 
"Two reason's actually. One is I own one ... the other reason is yeah while it is big, it's also powerful. Especially with the Police Interceptor package"

My friend has a 96 Chevy caprice with a police pack 350 in it. It sounds very, very nice. I guess since theyre rebuilt for high speed chases they shouldnt be TOO out of place on a track. It's a cool idea.
 
These two also crossed my mind lately. The Ferrari 308 GTSi, 328 GTS, and F40 would make great additions to the GT4 car line-up in the 80s' catagory. Just hope that PD can get the license in time to put them in the game.
 
jjboi
These two also crossed my mind lately. The Ferrari 308 GTSi, 328 GTS, and F40 would make great additions to the GT4 car line-up in the 80s' catagory. Just hope that PD can get the license in time to put them in the game.
If these were in I'd shed true tears of joy!!!! :crazy: :)
 
Testarossa anyone?

I actually prefer the 512TR (one of my favourites), but it's not 80's. It would still be a great addition to the game, i will probably cry if it could make it into GT4.
 
Mr P510
If these were in I'd shed true tears of joy!!!! :crazy: :)

Would that be from your third eye?!?!

C.
 
Mr P510
If these were in I'd shed true tears of joy!!!! :crazy: :)


I'd also shed a tear for every flake of paint I'd chip :scared: :( But hell yeah F40 all the way, if you've ever heard those sweeties gun it for redline, it's s0o0o0o0 sweet. So sweet, I'd record a sound clip from that car, loop it over and over, and put it on a CD so I can fall asleep to the exhaust note. :)
 
And the crown vic, it might be fun to throw it into a corner and hear it's 80's hard compound tires beg for mercy. Or, if it's dropped into C class, I's scare off the AI with that huge boat.
 
I, personally, think you're crazy. Just kidding. Not really. :)
 
87sportgl.jpg

1987 Tempo Sport GL 2dr (w/ AWD Option)

i'm serious, these things can move and would provide good competition for alot of the lower end perfomance cars (Daihatsu and some of the older Suzukis anyone?)
 
incubusnb
87sportgl.jpg

1987 Tempo Sport GL 2dr (w/ AWD Option)

i'm serious, these things can move and would provide good competition for alot of the lower end perfomance cars (Daihatsu and some of the older Suzukis anyone?)

Oh my gosh, my mom used to have one of those, they are pretty quick for how they look.

Or how about a 1989 Ford Taurus police car:
TaurusPolice.jpg
 
hahaha Oh yeah just for fun I'd want the Geo metro in there. But the tempo sounds like a great starter car, even though it ain't too flashy (lol, can you say, clunker?) But, it might not be as good as the Hachi-Roku. Might put up a good fight htough.
 
Yea! I love 80s cars. I have an 88 MR2 Supercharged and after its absense in GT3 I can't wait to drive it again in GT4!!

My 80s hopefuls are (no perticular order, just as they come to me and ill try not to repeat cars that have already been said);
Mazda 323 GTX
Mazda FB and FC (of course)
Nissan MID-4 (concept, was also in Sega GT2002)
Nissan Skyline Turbo (the 4 cylinder one)
Subaru Brat (both versions)
Subaru XT6
Subaru GL
Subaru Justy
Dodge Shelby Daytona
BMW 635csi
Chevy Sprint Turbo (basically a turbo geo metro)
Geo Prism gsi
Isuzu Impulse Turbo
Isuzu I mark rs turbo
Mitsubishi Cordia turbo
Nissan Pulsar
Nissan 200sx
Pontiac Fiero V6 (no where near as good as MR2 though)
Porsche 935 flat nose
Suzuki Samurai (tipping contests!!)
Toyota Celica Supra (aka mkII supra)
Toyota Celica GT-s (rwd one)
Toyota Starlet '83-84 (mentioned before but its really the shiznit!! me wants)
Toyota Cressida
Toyota Corolla FX16 GTs (yeaaah i know its a starlet in Japan)
Toyota Pickup Turbo 4wd '87 (whoop arse in a truck)

ahh thats all I can think of for now
 
Sprinter Trueno Tuner Car :trouble:

Although I'd love to see it as a Sprinter 2-door...
 
Yeah the old BMW 6 series was cool 👍
 
Back