82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
Congratulations to Jota on winning. I never thought that when I saw Sam Hancock and Phil Quaiffe-Hobbs (sp?) in the Porsche Carrera Cup GB they would take on the biggest race in the world and win the class. To AF Corse. Shame it wasn't a 1-2 and shame AMR didn't win to make it a brace in the GT categories, but those Yanks at Corvette are a class act. I can see them doing very well in the remainder of the USCC season and the C7.R is so much better than it's predecessor. And Porsche are also very good indeed. And to the Great Dane's at the #95 Pro-Am AMR car. You drove the best of all consistently.

And to Audi. Take nothing away from them. They are the best at what they do.

This. So much this. Sums up everything I wanted to say. After the BoP debacle last year it was great to see GTE back up to full strength and at one point the top 4 in GTE-Pro was separated by less than a minute.

Really? Do we even have to make fun about the Ferraris after the race?
After all, those guys get paid year after year for driving race cars, while all you haters sit infront of your computer in a videogame forum.
I thought those were BOP jokes (lets face it without BOP Ferrari would've won last year too).

Saturday-Sunday. They could only do it on monday because of the Pentecost weekend (Pentecost monday is a holiday in parts of Germany).
Thank god, I hated knowing I would miss half the race last year :)

Le Mans 2014 was won not by the team who wanted to win the most, but by who wanted to lose the least. Congratulations to the Audi squad for keeping the domination going one year longer.

I thought those were BOP jokes (lets face it without BOP Ferrari would've won last year too).
Actually those were all jokes about the amateur drivers in the Ferraris. But I don't think that even one of them can imagine how much pressure those guys have to deal with, specially here in Le Mans.

The only way Toyota is going to win this thing is if they come up with their own evil genius boss man. Who shall out-villain Dr. Ulrich?

Wow. Have you got an issue or something? Ferrari won so I don't get what's wrong with that.

Unless you were blinded by your red shades.
Pro tip: You are not forced to like my sarcasm, but you should also not consider my sarcasm as serious.

So, on a more serious note let me say "they just won Le Mans GTE Pro with a 470hp machine.
I can't even imagine next year."

Can I say that or it's against the AUP?

Well folks, it was great watching the big one once again alongside you all here on GTP. I'm off now to rejoin the real world. Great respect goes to every team who finished the 24 Hours, as Porsche proved that is tough enough in itself let alone winning it! Honourable mentions go to Rebellion, Ligier, and Corvette for excellent runs in their classes and netting good results. And huge respect to all the winners - Audi, JOTA, AF Corse and AMR (The Dane Train, all the feels!).

This was IMO the best Le Mans in recent memory. I can't remember a more competitive and dramatic race. And with more joining LMP1 next year I'm excited for it already!

Thanks all, hope to see some of you back next week for Nurb 24 Hours :)

Well folks, it was great watching the big one once again alongside you all here on GTP. I'm off now to rejoin the real world. Great respect goes to every team who finished the 24 Hours, as Porsche proved that is tough enough in itself let alone winning it! Honourable mentions go to Rebellion, Ligier, and Corvette for excellent runs in their classes and netting good results. And huge respect to all the winners - Audi, JOTA, AF Corse and AMR (The Dane Train, all the feels!).

This was IMO the best Le Mans in recent memory. I can't remember a more competitive and dramatic race. And with more joining LMP1 next year I'm excited for it already!

Thanks all, hope to see some of you back next week for Nurb 24 Hours :)

🤬! The real world! :( :( :(

I can't sleep yet 'cuz it's presidentials election day and I gotta choose between the Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich, plus got an essay due Tuesday and I haven't done squat.

Ahh...Le Mans, 24 Hours of not-real-world :lol:

Actually those were all jokes about the amateur drivers in the Ferraris. But I don't think that even one of them can imagine how much pressure those guys have to deal with, specially here in Le Mans.

No...the casual know-it-all (ironically doesn't know enough) HKS racer was making claims earlier that the BoP handicapped Ferrari, and if they lost this race it would be due to being cheated like last year. Now he's making claims that the Ferrari will be handicapped again for next year due to winning this year...

Hence the image. Also you have no idea what some of these people do for a living and to equate them (and me) to nothing more than video game playing, and some what race fans is quite daft. You blaming an entire group on the efforts of one moron and letting emotions play a role on the internet is also entirely sad. Calm down.

Pro tip: You are not forced to like my sarcasm, but you should also not consider my sarcasm as serious.

So, on a more serious note let me say "they just won Le Mans GTE Pro with a 470hp machine.
I can't even imagine next year."

Can I say that or it's against the AUP?

Um so what...the Vette runs the same power and pulled out faster laps on the last two stints than any other car in class. What's your point?

No...the casual know-it-all (ironically doesn't know enough) HKS racer was making claims earlier that the BoP handicapped Ferrari, and if they lost this race it would be due to being cheated like last year. Now he's making claims that the Ferrari will be handicapped again for next year due to winning this year...

Hence the image. Also you have no idea what some of these people due and to equate them (and me) to nothing more than video game playing, and some what race fans is quite daft. You blaming an entire group on the efforts of one moron and letting emotions play a role on the internet is also entirely sad. Calm down.
I never called any names in my posts. But if you feel like I meant you, you have to think about why it's like that.

Congrats to Audi but great job Rebellion on a 4th place finish. Great race.

Thank you guys for all of the posts and for a lot of alerts
a4599c632d1e963bc75abfd218b537c4.png
I've had over 100 alerts

With all respect to you, german fellows, I'm fed up with your anthem! :lol:

Between this years F1 and Le Mans I'm gonna be humming that anthem whem I'm asleep of hearing it so many times!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit, für das deutsche Vaterland. :P

Back