83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
  • 226,345 views
Wait, that would be breaking the regulations...
 
Wait, that would be breaking the regulations...

No, the hybrid system is still installed in the car, it just won't be used in the race.
 
What better excuse for me to re-join GTP than the most wonderful race of the entire year?

Really looking forward to joining y'all in the usual discussion through the entire race. Nothing like the good 'ol folk at GTP to keep things alive during such a marathon!

Besides Nissan's decision to disable the HY system, what other big news have I missed so far?
 
What better excuse for me to re-join GTP than the most wonderful race of the entire year?

Really looking forward to joining y'all in the usual discussion through the entire race. Nothing like the good 'ol folk at GTP to keep things alive during such a marathon!

Besides Nissan's decision to disable the HY system, what other big news have I missed so far?
The AMR art car is ugly (*sigh*), Viper is back in GTE-Am and looking good and the battle in LMP1 is going to be the equivalent of Chuck Norris vs Mr. T vs Bruce Lee.

It's hard because everyone can't stop talking about Nissan...well I should say bashing. :P
 
More info from the FIA/ACO people on the official streams:
1. The streams are both from on-board cameras and from external cameras.
2. Yes, the commentary is available in both English and in French.
3. The resolution is 1290p X 720p.
4. You can click the link <http://www.lemans-tv.com/fr/> to find some highlights and news about the race but the video of the whole race is not available [after it's over]. Sorry for that.
5. If you purchase the premium pack, you can stream it on your computer or on your tablet at the same time.
 
Weather forecasts announce showers for the Sunday, Saturday seems clear.
 
Nissan are streaming it live on Youtube. Three onboard cameras and a pit garage camera.

 
Well I'm packed.....
IMG_6669_zpsjbo2fbrn.jpg



What do you mean I have to take a change of clothes too.....
 
Don't forget the earplugs.

I'm really hoping to make it to a Le Mans some year. For this year it looks like I'll only be able to see it from dash cam feeds.
 
Well you want to save your ears enough to still hear at 3AM. (Just Googled and found this).
 
Well you want to save your ears enough to still hear at 3AM. (Just Googled and found this).

I work for a race team I'm used to it :lol:







Just seen thunderstorms forecast for the end of qualifying this should be interesting.
 
Last edited:
during a live periscope showing driver change practice NISMO last night said the hybrid rumor wasnt true and their quote was something in the order of dont believe everything you read.... so who knows



and also I was bored today! so wanted to give the team a shout out!









 
Last edited:
during a live periscope showing driver change practice NISMO last night said the hybrid rumor wasnt true and their quote was something in the order of dont believe everything you read.... so who knows



and also I was bored today! so wanted to give the team a shout out!










How much money do you have?!
 
How much money do you have?!


well now not too much lol..but like I told Darren Cox from NISMO at least it went to padding the motorsports war chest a little! :p Hey honestly I just want to see them bring all 3 cars home after 24hrs this weekend. that will be a big win. we will work on the rest next year when its hopefully a 8MJ AWD car!

Untitled_zpsbqegai7n.png
 
I feel dizzy and sick just from looking at it. :yuck:

Yes, glad I'm not the only one. Honestly I can't look at that picture for more than a few seconds. :sick:
 
Back