83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
  • 226,345 views
Practice 1 has started - and stopped. Red Flag.
 
What happened?
 
P2 car off at one of the chicanes - I think.

Edit. Green Flag
 
The Nissan with the retro livery sparked like a flamethrower on the straight. I hope they don't have any suspension issues. Too bad that the track is still so wet.
 
I guess Le Mans 24h oficial timing app?

You can install it for free in any smartphone.
 
Hey, Australian Le Mans/WEC fans. The coverage down here is a bit all over the place, depending on the time of day you'll have to switch between Fox Sports and Eurosport to follow almost the full coverage. It's a bit annoying so I took the time to gather the broadcast times (AEST) for the race Saturday night/Sunday:

Fox Sports 2: 10:30PM - 1:30AM
Eurosport: 10:45PM - 11:15PM | 1:30AM - 3:00AM | 7:30AM - 11:15PM
Fox Sports 4: 8:30AM - 10:00AM | 1:00PM - 11:30PM

The Eurosport broadcasts are bookended by live "Le mans 24 Minute" half-hour broadcasts.
 
Last edited:
The Nissan with the retro livery sparked like a flamethrower on the straight. I hope they don't have any suspension issues. Too bad that the track is still so wet.

They both did and now one of them is smoking in the pits.
 
Rain at the Porsche curves.
 
One of the Swedish commentators is one of the drivers who won the 24 hours of Nurburgring this year :D
 
KCMG now quicker than the Nissans again. I am wondering if Nissan could run the hybrid on 1 of the cars?

No! My home car, Murphy Prototypes, has crashed heavily at Porsche Curves. A busy night repairing that ahead now.
 
Last edited:
Why are red flags being thrown around? It feels more like a yellow flag problem, unless they changed how things work. Or I don't know how practice operates.
 
Well my Le Mans weekend has started well after finding some Le Mans cars including a winner in London
09479576-451C-4CFE-847C-189EA265E885_zpsfs28pksk.jpg

603C4C0A-D927-485F-B46E-019FAF85705E_zpsu8lxkcop.jpg

DD6EB8EC-ED75-4E7F-B1E9-B87AEDD93F89_zps6hjbxe16.jpg

4001C536-20F5-43C9-8821-C3B393A8FF29_zps3vrihkft.jpg
 
:banghead: I am having ridiculous trouble with the "new & improved" Eurosport player on my home PC. I cannot get it to play in HD despite 50MB available, i keeps buffering and I can't get the channel select off the damned screen! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
 
Nissan are quite honestly terrifying me now. Let's list this:

  • Still working on a setup.
  • Little to no data.
  • Excess ballast from the hybrid system.
  • A drivetrain configuration it was never designed to run with.
  • RLM's screens are showing it at 40% power.
If this car matches, let alone beats a Rebellion, either in the race or qualifying, then it's one of the great 21st century motorsport marvels. With P1s getting a downforce cap next year, it's just going to get another leg up.
 
For those still on the verge of buying the WEC member access for 10 bucks, i can recommend it 👍
HD streams with great audio, good commentary and about 15 onboards to chose from too.

I told you =)
 
P2 and the GTE classes look very promising.
Too bad the P1 looks like a Volkswagen party again.
 
Holy cow at the sparks the Nissan sprays. I don't know if that's really good...
 
I am a bit behind. What is the reason nissan are not using the hybrid system?
 
too bad this year battle will be between cousins...
 
Back