83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
Was gonna ask, do they even do podiums for the other 3 classes? I've never actually seen evidence of that :lol:...

I really wanted to see Jordan Taylor and Patrick Dempsey's reactions on the podium!
They always do podiums for each class. Why wouldn't they seeing as they are different races in a way.

Most tv coverage is only interested in the marquee podium. It is a pity as the other classes race just as hard as the LMP1. I was interested in seeing Dempsey's reaction on the podium too. I shall YouTube it later.

It will be easier to post the video later.

It was typical red neck American though and I want their air horn.
That air horn was hilarious, I had my phone plugged into the truck listening to RLM, when it went off I instantly checked my mirrors hahaha

There is speculation Renault could leave F1. With the WEC growing bigger and bigger surely it would make sense for them to consider a WEC programme in the future and what will be a home race at Le Mans.

I would love to see Renault and Ferrari leave F1 for WEC. Can you imagine Ferrari gunning for an overall win at Le Mans? They haven't been at the top since Ford kicked their ass in 1966.

God, someone needs to post a video of the other podiums, and I especially want to see that air horn! :lol:

Just did a small recount of my hours of watching the race; think I got up to 13! Not the most but not the least!

Really enjoyed it this year; pretty fun being my first year with GTP. I can't wait 'til thenext one.

I'll be on GT6 here shortly! :P

Renault in endurance? They barely manage to finish a 2 hour race.

:lol:

But it would be great to see more contenders and full factory teams in LMP1/2.

That air horn was hilarious, I had my phone plugged into the truck listening to RLM, when it went off I instantly checked my mirrors hahaha

It will be easier to post the video later.

It was typical red neck American though and I want their air horn.

Oh I think they showed a glimpse of that being prepared in the garage... if its got three horns on it...
Gentlemen, that was a Leslie S3L airhorn. A legend of American diesel era railroading. :sly: Those things are sweet success. :3 It's usually found on something with about 3,000bhp so...fitting it was in the Corvette garage no? :P

Nissan now have 2 months to anaylse their test data and prepare for the next race. Hopefully they keep developing and can get close to the pace of the Rebellion by the end of the season.

06F571AF-365E-4F79-A4F2-2070BEF134C5_zpsuyjz9iai.jpg

Really chuffed for Nick Tandy as he is local to me, and RLM heaping him with praise on how he managed to consistently lap quicker than a highly respected F1 driver, yet will barely get a mention in the press.

You know what, now I'm thinking why the 🤬 didn't I just buy the season pass for the WEC stream. I know Fox is going to 🤬 up every remaining race in the championship just as badly as this one. I'm so glad there was a no 🤬 commercial free PPV stream, even if it occasionally dropped to 360p for a few minutes (only negative I experienced....inconsistent HD quality).

It's like $22, so my total investment in to the WEC would be around $33 for this season. Still would've liked to save money, although I don't remember if there was any sort of difference in buying the season pass. I think Le Mans was it's own purchase regardless.

But yeah, I'm only going to watch FS1 for MotoGP and USCR races for now on, since I have no other choice. From the very start I didn't like how they handled racing, being on par with ESPN. But this year they've managed to sink lower than ESPN apparently, which is an achievement in it's own :dunce:!

You know what, now I'm thinking why the 🤬 didn't I just buy the season pass for the WEC stream. I know Fox is going to 🤬 up every remaining race in the championship just as badly as this one. I'm so glad there was a no 🤬 commercial free PPV stream, even if it occasionally dropped to 360p for a few minutes (only negative I experienced....inconsistent HD quality).

It's like $22, so my total investment in to the WEC would be around $33 for this season. Still would've liked to save money, although I don't remember if there was any sort of difference in buying the season pass. I think Le Mans was it's own purchase regardless.

But yeah, I'm only going to watch FS1 for MotoGP and USCR races for now on, since I have no other choice. From the very start I didn't like how they handled racing, being on par with ESPN. But this year they've managed to sink lower than ESPN apparently, which is an achievement in it's own :dunce:!
And ESPN only had 3-4 Indycar races.... so that's quite the achievement...

I didn't get to watch the final hours of the race unfortunately, but from what I've read in this thread it looks like there was quite some action. Viewing 16 of the 24 hours was enough for me. Congratulations to Porsche for ending Audi's Le Mans reign.

I don't agree with any of it. And if that is the opinion of someone on a manufacturer's payroll then they're stupid, or have lost touch. The old boys club can pat themselves on the back as much as they want but Nissan came with something new and they pay the price through lack of success... But, of course it will be marketed, just as Audi and Porsche milk the hell out of it too... No one would sign the cheques if they didn't.

I pay my money to come and watch races, I approve of Nissan trying a new direction and innovating... I thought prototype racing was all about that?

Renault in endurance? They barely manage to finish a 2 hour race.

:lol:

But it would be great to see more contenders and full factory teams in LMP1/2.

Especially one that is neither German nor Japanese.

I would love to see Renault and Ferrari leave F1 for WEC. Can you imagine Ferrari gunning for an overall win at Le Mans? They haven't been at the top since Ford kicked their ass in 1966.

That's what I mean. Ferraris main rivals in the day (Porsche and Ford) are now back. In the case of Ford back next yeaer and in the case of Porsche back winning.

I don't agree with any of it. And if that is the opinion of someone on a manufacturer's payroll then they're stupid, or have lost touch. The old boys club can pat themselves on the back as much as they want but Nissan came with something new and they pay the price through lack of success... But, of course it will be marketed, just as Audi and Porsche milk the hell out of it too... No one would sign the cheques if they didn't.

I pay my money to come and watch races, I approve of Nissan trying a new direction and innovating... I thought prototype racing was all about that?

Couldn't agree more with all you said. Seems ok for Audi to promote the brand - they are on TV every second - but when someone else does it it is wrong.

Yeah its sad. I loved that company for their marketing and what they did with the GTA and all the drivers in the programme. That is just amazing work and I will never forget that and I was cheering for them as they started to announce they would be coming back into lmp1. But they are overdoing their strategy now massive its hurts the company and most of all the drivers. I mean just look at recent interviews they seem so scripted.

Also they are celebrating the #22 as it had won the Race on twitter. I mean it did not even finish officialy they were told that they would not be on the finishing paper 5h before the race ended and still they are telling everybody that they have finished the race. They are a DNF or DQ on the results.
Did you watched the reactions last year of Porsche No one was expecting them to do well. They lead the Race until a few hours before the end. And even with this Major achievement there was no celebrating at all.
Nissan meanwhile are celebrating a DQ and two DNF like win. Thats what people are complaining about not the car or something like you all are saying.
I mean it wont end here. For example if you have the smallest clue about physics and math you know that you cant build an 8MJ flywheel in a car of that size it a mechanic part you can easily do the math about how big it needs to be at a 44rpm it wont fit in the car i mean you just need to type in flywheel in Wikipedia and do some basic math. I know they are a innovative company which have invented lots of stuff. But they cant bent the laws of physics.
Also while in spa for the 6h I talked to a michelin guy and asked what about the nissan tyres lets be honest he was not thinking they would have less tyrewear ever which is a main part of their concept.

I would love to see them competetive but without lying to themself and the world.

Back