83rd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 13/14 June 2015.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,676 comments
They are a DNF or DQ on the results.
Nope. They're an NC.
For example if you have the smallest clue about physics and math you know that you cant build an 8MJ flywheel in a car of that size it a mechanic part you can easily do the math about how big it needs to be at a 44rpm it wont fit in the car i mean you just need to type in flywheel in Wikipedia and do some basic math. I know they are a innovative company which have invented lots of stuff. But they cant bent the laws of physics.
Or they could put two smaller ones in...
Also while in spa for the 6h I talked to a michelin guy and asked what about the nissan tyres lets be honest he was not thinking they would have less tyrewear ever which is a main part of their concept.
Nissan's first stop for tyres was 7 minutes after Audi's - and they still have the same 12 set maximum that the other teams have.

Question, i was doing some laps at Le Mans in PCARS this morning at 10AM local time, and as i had it set on real weather it gave me sunny with a tiny bit of clouds at that moment. Was that correct or were you still laying in your tent with a hangover? :D

Is it bad that I can't rememberwhat I was doing Friday morning? Fairly sure I was still in my tent recovering hahaha!

So that was an epic Le Mans. So glad I can say I saw Porsche win there, especially with such a unique driver lineup (current F1 driver and Le Mans first timers). Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

Have a pic of the LMP1 boys on the podium...
image.jpg

That's what I mean. Ferraris main rivals in the day (Porsche and Ford) are now back. In the case of Ford back next yeaer and in the case of Porsche back winning.
Ferrari is already in GTE, to which Ford is joining and Porsche has been competing against them for many years, so why would they leave F1 for competing against something they're already competing against, albeit on much lower level than it's ultimately possible if we're only talking about Porsche. They still get much more media account in F1 than they could ever get in WEC anyway.

If they would manage it with 2 flywheels I would be seriously impressed. But the would still be huge. Did you see the Audi 2MJ one i think there are some leaked pictures from last year. I guess it could be possible because the have more space in the back than audi does in the front. But lets see about that. I would be very happy if the manage it.

Same goes for tires. As i have stated i would like them to be competetive but reduce the celebration after DNF and DQ and a dissapointing weekend. Make more marketing with racewins and I will be on Nissans side forever

No of course not Nissan should stay and build that car as best as they can but for me it would be better if they would say "We learned a lot and come back stronger next year but this year we are obviously disappointed as we could not reach our goals" and not like " Our hero #22 finishing the Race and we are so happy with our first race which no car finished we are better than expected"

I mean thats like comedy to me.
Like brasil saying after the 1:7 against germany we were better than expected the second half we only got 3 goals not 4 and even shot one

No, but marketing shouldn't be the reason to race.

Sorry but how long ago was the phrase "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" coined.

The two things go hand in hand. Racing takes money, to make money you need to market, whether it's yourself, or sponsors.

Porsche get to claim the win, and extend their record, that's what the history books record, everyone else is an also ran, but I bet next time I get the Audi magazine land on my desk it'll have a section on Le Mans.

Oh okay, so the only people with the right to build a car and turn up are the winners?

Not, but at least they should be able to not get 20 seconds per lap. I know, I know, ByKolles and CLM are just as slow... But they're not Nissan. They are excused by virtue of being the scrappy underdogs. Nissan isn't a scrappy underdog, and while nobody was expecting for them to win on debut, I was expecting for them to keep a better pace, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You know what they say, with great power comes great responsibilities, and with great budgets and great names come great expectations and hype (well, I may have added that second part).

The two things go hand in hand. Racing takes money, to make money you need to market, whether it's yourself, or sponsors.

Porsche get to claim the win, and extend their record, that's what the history books record, everyone else is an also ran, but I bet next time I get the Audi magazine land on my desk it'll have a section on Le Mans.

Yeah you will but they actually can be proud of 15 wins and the fastest lap this race etc.
Now Nissan has nothing to show underperformed to all their statements from the anouncement last year over prestesting and even a few hours before the Race.

If you watch the Audi Twitter and then the Nissan twitter you know what we mean. Nissan twitter looks like they have won the Race the WEC got the Mileage Record fastest lap and so on. No congratulations to the other manufactors no nothing just plain propaganda.

The Audi account while still doing some marketing and beeing proud (which they should be in compatison to nissan)
looks way more reasonable

That's the thing though. The phrase is "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday", not "show up to race on Sunday, sell on Monday". Nissan's only mentions/coverage during the race where involving them either going into the pits, coming back out of the pits, going into the pits again, the 21 having race ending crash damage, coming to a stop at Arnage, and coming to a fiery stop at Indianapolis.

Not very marketable things.

Same goes for tires. As i have stated i would like them to be competetive but reduce the celebration after DNF and DQ and a dissapointing weekend. Make more marketing with racewins and I will be on Nissans side forever

The #22 is NC and not DQ. Or are you assuming they will get DQ because they raced in LMP1-H without hybrid system? :rolleyes:

Nope. They're an NC.Or they could put two smaller ones in...
Nissan's first stop for tyres was 7 minutes after Audi's - and they still have the same 12 set maximum that the other teams have.

Thats what I mean false information at its finest. Okay they were how much behind at that point 3 laps i think even more?? So they actually stopped after less laps while going waaaaaay slower through corners. Tyrewear is not linear to cornerspeeds. Not at all. If the Audi would go those laptimes and corner speeds they could have gone 6x stints at least.
Also first Audi stint was only a triple not a quadrouple like late in the race if i remember correctly. Sorry but why so much bending the truth? Are they really thinking people are dumb.
Also i did not say they would have worse tyrewear but their concept is based on that if you can believe Daren Cox.

Edit. call it NC that was missinformation on my side. If these is an offical term of course does not make it better at all.

Also was there not a rule that all manufactors are oblidged to use Hybrid System? Wasn't it rumored that a big french manufactor dropped out because of it?

Last edited:
I actually feel pretty strongly about the issues bought up over this Nissan thing, but my battery is hopeless, and this hire car's 12v socket only works when the engines running, so I'm going to sit in my tent at Beausejour and enjoy the rain instead of posting what I feel about it.

Either way, congratulations to Porsche, and the other class winners.

Yeah lets stop these Nissan thing I hate fighting. Also dont want to call you a lier but could not express myself as english is not my native tongue. Bending would have been the better word.

Another Topic. What happend to KCMG after Spa they found Warp speed it seems

Can the organizers disqualify an LMP1-H entry if they found out that they were not running hybrid? Running 2MJ to front only seems suspicious to me, to the point I can assume that hybrid thing were completely removed from the car. :rolleyes:

Can the organizers disqualify an LMP1-H entry if they found out that they were not running hybrid? Running 2MJ to front only seems suspicious to me, to the point I can assume that hybrid thing were completely removed from the car. :rolleyes:
It wasn't removed from the car.

I'm glad that one Nissan managed to survive the whole 24hrs even if they weren't classified at the end.

It still takes some brass ones to go against convention and build a front wheel drive car to race for 24 hours at over 200 mph.

Hopefully this time next year, they'll be able to get closer or even battle the front runners when running at its full capabilities. :)

The hybrid system wasn't removed from the car. That's silly. The cars went through scrutineering prior to the race and are weighed after. When would Nissan have the opportunity to replace it or manage to hide several bags of potatoes in it under parc ferme after the chequered flag...

Last edited:
Back