85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
Damnit the LMP2 dream is dead...

tenor.gif

Who would've thought a Porsche LMP1 driving past an LMP2 car with an hour left would be such an important overtake.

Jota should be delighted though, the most competitive LMP2 field ever and an overall 2nd place would be an incredible result. Porsche also look to have pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in motorsport history.

The #38 had led for 28 laps!
Blue flags are thrown because the Porsche still has a pace advantage over the LMP2. If the #38 blocked like it was an LMP1, that would be horrendous.

I always thought that was a once in a blue moon, so I don't think this changes much.

Even blue moons happen in consecutive years :D but yeah, happening something to #2 in the last 5min would be.... Dark magic? Lol

I don't know if I can handle much more drama. I'm gutted I didn't get to watch the race with my dad this year (it's one of our things). On the plus side I can let him know it's all worth watching...

Autosport's Hour 5 report from yesterday evening:
"The fifth LMP1 car still in the race, the #2 Porsche, rejoined after a long spell in the garage after it lost front-axle drive, but it is running 55th overall and is now firmly out of contention, 18 laps down, meaning Porsche has only one car left to battle the three Toyotas for the win."

Shows the chaos of what we've just witnessed.

For those lamenting the Toyotas, remember they're likely going to score 36 points for the season...so as far as seasonal performance goes they're only losing a bit out to Porsche. The LeMans portion though...well, yeah.

Oh man, without that rear wing section change on the 38 car my 45 minute prediction would've been spot on. Lol, why did I keep complicating it?

Back