85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
Think the slow zones will add to the attrition rate at the end of this things? Without the full safety car for the rest of the map its a lot more hard running on the mechanical components than in past years.

Think the slow zones will add to the attrition rate at the end of this things? Without the full safety car for the rest of the map its a lot more hard running on the mechanical components than in past years.
I would guess going from flat out to 80kph and back again so often is harder on the mechanical's too, especially with the temperatures in such heat.

The track looks so legendary during sunset. What a magical race! Incredible to think though that Toyota joined already 5 years ago, and it's been 10 years since Peugeot first joined the fight. Incredible how fast time goes. So sad to think it's already over for another year tomorrow.

I should totally go to the Spa 24hr race. The 6hr WEC race was already magical for me to behold, I can't imagine the atmosphere of a 24 hour race.

I have my Denso Hybrid Toyota shirt on, and my Gazoo Racing cap, and a TS050 wallpaper installed. Is it obvious I so badly want Toyota to finally win this race?

Well, La Sarthe is looking gorgeous under sunset, as I'm watching the on-boards of the Fords, particularly at the Ford Chicane:

#67 Ford GT On board sunset 3.png
#67 Ford GT On board sunset 2.png

Nakajima made made up 43 seconds on the lead during his stint, and caught/passed the #1 which was 30 seconds ahead of him at the start. Fox broadcast questioning whether it was natural or he made up time in some slow zones.

Did I hear that the 8 car was warned for track limits too?

EDIT:. Major tire blow out at full speed for the 98. He never lost control but that could cut some tires. 98 pulled into garage.

Back