85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
Did anything significant happen in the morning hours? I went to sleep.
#95 leading Aston Martin in GT Pro went off in Mulsanne Corner, and had to get the front left repaired, pretty much ruining their race. #31 Rebellion had a crack gear box case, from running over the curbs.

Edit: Rebellion again has problems with getting their bodywork on their cars.

So ITV4 are now doing a live Le Mans show as well, it seems. Don't know how good it'll be but presumably they'll now split Le Mans into 3 races, and in between them they'll put races on for the LMP3s, GT3s, Porsche Carrera Cup, Le Mans Legend and possibly even some locals in 30 year old Renault 5s, all while cutting to Louise Goodman in the pit lane in between.

So ITV4 are now doing a live Le Mans show as well, it seems. Don't know how good it'll be but presumably they'll now split Le Mans into 3 races, and in between them they'll put races on for the LMP3s, GT3s, Porsche Carrera Cup, Le Mans Legend and possibly even some locals in 30 year old Renault 5s, all while cutting to Louise Goodman in the pit lane in between.

Might be the fatigue kicking in, but for some reason I find that mildly amusing. :lol::P

15 minutes of rest-ish was good for a little energy. Doing better than I can remember in past years, but I did do a good job getting my sleep last night and I am 22, so there ya go lol

I probably should have gotten more sleep before the start of the race. I had about 3 1/2 hours of sleep before the race started, mainly because of work. I did watch the start, but maybe after 30 minutes, I closed my eyes while listening to it in the background.

I probably should have gotten more sleep before the start of the race. I had about 3 1/2 hours of sleep before the race started, mainly because of work. I did watch the start, but maybe after 30 minutes, I closed my eyes while listening to it in the background.
Le Mans is kind of set up perfectly for me being on the East Coast US time zone. I woke up at 8:30, saw half an hour of prerace, 9:00 race start. Kind of ideal, it's a lot easier for me to pull than the Rolex 24.

#2 Porsche just breached the top 5 and is on a path towards 2nd place, and the #8 Toyota is about to hit p12, and I think could nail p10 by the end. Here's hoping!

Back after 3 hours of sleep. Good practice for me now since this coming Saturday I'll need to be alive on 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

Anybody know why the 2017 RSRs sound so different to how they do in IMSA? They sound awesome like the previous years here but in IMSA they sound all flat almost as if they're turbocharged.

Anybody know why the 2017 RSRs sound so different to how they do in IMSA? They sound awesome like the previous years here but in IMSA they sound all flat almost as if they're turbocharged.

I thought I remember hearing that they had a different exhaust for this race.

I think someone mentioned earlier that the Porsches have different, louder exhaust installed for the Le Mans.

I think they are or atleast were different model cars? Although TV never does a car sound justice, as evident from the Corvette DP Cadillac DPi convo from an hour or 2 back.

EDIT:. Disregard, the above posts got you lol

Back