85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
So, simple speculation - what happens if Porsche and Toyota leave LMP1? Who steps in?
All the privateers who are coming into LMP1-L for 2018, we will have a good grid whatever happens. I think Toyota at least will be back so they can finally win it.

#8 Toyota: "What if we brought in Buemi as soon as he reported the problem?"

#9 Toyota: "What is Lapierre brought the car around slowly at 35 mph? Of all the flats, he was the only guy who ripped a tire apart in this race..."

LMP2 Class: "What if we ran a flawless race? Just 1 or 2 less mistakes..."

Rebellion: "Why, why, why did we drop our LMP1 cars!? :(:nervous::dunce:"
HAHAHA sotrue

I'm surprised they had J Taylor in the Vette, Garcia has been on fire, and more familiar with the car. Not taking anything away from Jordan I love the Taylor brothers.

So, simple speculation - what happens if Porsche and Toyota leave LMP1? Who steps in?

No one if no one is willing to put the millions forward... And that would be a shame. :/ I'm not sure which teams will be there next year

I'm surprised they had J Taylor in the Vette, Garcia has been on fire, and more familiar with the car. Not taking anything away from Jordan I love the Taylor brothers.
I definitely think Jordan is the hot shoe in the Taylor family, and he's had some clutch drives late in the Rolex. I'd go Garcia too, but that might be what they're thinking.

#9 Toyota: "What is Lapierre brought the car around slowly at 35 mph? Of all the flats, he was the only guy who ripped a tire apart in this race..."

I'm not sure that car could've made it to the end competitively anyway given the problem which caused the puncture.

All the privateers who are coming into LMP1-L for 2018, we will have a good grid whatever happens. I think Toyota at least will be back so they can finally win it.
Have they confirmed any additional privateers for LMP1 next season aside from the two Perrinn chassis that got sold last month?

Have they confirmed any additional privateers for LMP1 next season aside from the two Perrinn chassis that got sold last month?

SMP is coming with one and I think Ginetta has sold a couple as well.

No one if no one is willing to put the millions forward... And that would be a shame. :/ I'm not sure which teams will be there next year
If teams pull out there will for sure be a drought until the 2020 regs or the hydrogen engine rolls around in the years closely following that. A lot of manufacturers seem to have interest in a program for those, but I doubt many will want to develop a team without years of planning, cus Nissan and Aston Martin are the recent examples of that... and maybe Toyota to a much lesser extent.

Ginetta have sold a good amount of cars from what I've heard, apparently a couple of those have been bought by Rebellion.

Plus the SMP Dallara should be a competitive car and even the CLM had run well this year, that should be back.

1. This was (I think) the strategy that won WTR the Rolex 24 so I think Corvette Racing may be on to something.
2. Yeah, dude can wheel

I'm not sure that car could've made it to the end competitively anyway given the problem which caused the puncture.
Contact with the P2 car? Worst that was would've been changing the rear section, but everything else was just the tire carcass ripping it apart. That's why you don't usually see guys driving as fast as Lapierre on a flat.

Rooting for the #2 Porsche to take the win and the Alpine to score a podium, not only because of my picks in the prediction game, but also because I don't want to see a car carrying the Jackie Chan name to win overall...

Also rooting for the #97 Vantage.

Ginetta have sold a good amount of cars from what I've heard, apparently a couple of those have been bought by Rebellion.

Plus the SMP Dallara should be a competitive car and even the CLM had run well this year, that should be back.
Oh yeah, I already forgot the Perrin chassis. When I read about that, I think you could see McLaren or McLaren/Honda popping an engine in that as a low cost set up to launch a factory operation. I certainly hope we see some team take that course of action, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see McLaren Honda with Zak Brown involved in it.

Contact with the P2 car? Worst that was would've been changing the rear section, but everything else was just the tire carcass ripping it apart. That's why you don't usually see guys driving as fast as Lapierre on a flat.
The car lost all power ahead of the Manor it had just lapped which caused the contact, driving so fast on his way back destroyed the car but it sounds like it had big problems lurking anyway.

Back