85th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 17-18 June 2017Sports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,715 comments
Rooting for the #2 Porsche to take the win and the Alpine to score a podium, not only because of my picks in the prediction game, but also because I don't want to see a car carrying the Jackie Chan name to win overall...

Also rooting for the #97 Vantage.
Aw, come on man, Jackie Chan Racing beating the LMP1 cars? That's the stuff of folklore, that's the longshot winning the Derby!

Aw, come on man, Jackie Chan Racing beating the LMP1 cars? That's the stuff of folklore, that's the longshot winning the Derby!
Personally I'm fine with other LMP2 cars winning overall, but 'Jackie Chan Racing'? Just no, thanks. :P

Edit: Ah, bugger. They've already got the Chinese flag ready. :ouch:

Oh yeah, I already forgot the Perrin chassis. When I read about that, I think you could see McLaren or McLaren/Honda popping an engine in that as a low cost set up to launch a factory operation. I certainly hope we see some team take that course of action, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see McLaren Honda with Zak Brown involved in it.

Wouldn't count on a McLaren/Honda combo. We'll likely see an announcement of their partnership termination sometime during the summer.

The car lost all power ahead of the Manor it had just lapped which caused the contact, driving so fast on his way back destroyed the car but it sounds like it had big problems lurking anyway.
Ahhh, okay. I seem to remember catching a sentence about that somewhere a while ago but I didn't realize that was the situation.

Wouldn't count on a McLaren/Honda combo. We'll likely see an announcement of their partnership termination sometime during the summer.
They've been so confusing this year. When they were building up to and doing Indy, it was like 50% of the news was terrible and 50% was great prospects for the global motorsport community. But yeah, without that Indy project buzz I do think you're right. McLaren on its own however wouldn't surprise me.

Personally I'm fine with other LMP2 cars winning overall, but 'Jackie Chan Racing'? Just no, thanks. :P
At least it isn't one of those weird GT300 "Based" Super GT cars.
How are they not showing this battle over driver interviews and other stupid ****??!
Oh look it's less than 15 minutes left and the battles are heating up, let's show inside the pits instead.

I want Corvette to win, but wouldn't hate so see Aston get one either. As long as they don't let Ford by I will be fine with either.

At this time of the race, I sometimes imagine how miserable it would be to make a mistake and crash while leading. Just the thought of being a driver and binning it right at the end...

Corvette is my home team, always pull for them. Also love Aston, I frequently pick them... Guess I'm going for the Vette but I won't be sad to see Aston win by any means.

It's like I want to see it, but don't want to see it. Too nerve racking. But yeah, so far this last 5 minutes. Nothing on that battle.
Nose to tail nailbiting battle for the lead and we see cockpit views of the lone LMP1 Porsche racing nobody, driver interview, stupid promo, commercial, some 9 year old girl picking her nose....:odd: :banghead:

Back