86th Running Of The 24 Hours Of Le Mans, 16-17 June 2018

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,592 comments
Say what you want about the EoT and the overall competition, but Toyota definitely earned it, after polishing up on the mistakes and woes of the previous years, so well done. To be honest, it was satisfying to see a relatively trouble fee run from the Toyota's after all the devastation, don't think I could've stomached another one. So damn well done Toyota :cheers:.

I am 50% happy and relieved for Toyota and their final win (especially 20 years after the first year of their best car) and 50% sad that it happened under those circumstances....

I loved the Pink Pig and it´s a well earned win for porsche....complete dominance in both GT classes....sadly the Ford didn´t catch up...i was hoping for a 1969 finish.

All in All, a good race but not as exciting as 2017....all of the class leads didn´t really change for 75% f the race (i count toyota as a team)

How could it be too soon? They're racing only against themselves. Next year Toyota WILL win Le Mans or fail catastrophically again.

Sorry, I meant to include a heavy dose of sarcasm. ;) It looks like it will be Toyota vs. themselves again next year.

I cannot tell you how happy I am! I've been waiting for this day since seeing the TS020 GT-one fail in 1998. Finally.

Toyota Number Won 2018.png

Congrats to Toyota on finally winning Le Mans!! Porsche, Audi, Peugeot have all had races where they had little competition, it’s the way Le Mans goes sometimes. Hopefully with a year to develop, and maybe some adjustments by the aco, the privateers can come back stronger next year.

GTE was great again this year, although it did feel like the Porsches had a bit of a leg up on the competition. It’ll be interesting to see if Corvette is the blessed brand next year in their 20th consecutive Le Mans.

My thoughts of the race:

Overall: Great race from all competitors, clean race to be honest, not so much incidents.

LMP1: Great that Toyota finally won Le Mans, no matter the circumstances. Rebellion made a solid race, they showed reliability throughout the race, other than the other machines. Happy for Thomas Laurent, second time on the overall podium, this time in an LMP1. ByKolles could've done really well in the race, given they were on 6th position before the crash. Also gutted for Button and the SMP team, they still had only under an hour left.

LMP2: Flawless drive from the G-Drive Team! Not much to say either, some retirements due to crashes but nothing more.

GTE Pro: I would say that this was the best class of this year. Great fights! Porsche maybe a bit blessed (at least the WEC entered, classic livery cars) with the BoP, but Ford gave them a run for the money. Corvette came back strong in 5th. Gutted for BMW, they really surprised on their debut. Aston Martin did very poor unfortunately with the new Vantage. AF Corse had a tough race.

GTE Am: Strong performance from Dempsey-Proton. A little bit gutted for Project 1. Some battles as in GTE Pro, not bad at all.

Back